The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 69649

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale and Neku, seeing that they weren't likely going to be able to escape the explosion in time, called the other two renegades, Kagetora, and Snow over to them, then combined their powers to create a massive electrical force field over the group, hoping to use it to weather the explosion...

As the group ran from the complex, a winged figure flew down towards them, lifting them into the air and flying towards the distant guard post...
(OOC: Guess who!)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I've lived a full life..." Shelton panted back. "I'm 40...my Erdős number is 7...I got into Mensa, I'm...I'm flying...What the?"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"I'm flying?! Ah yeah!" James whooped.

--------------

One of the terrorists was trying to correct the overload of the bridge. "Damn it! They overloaded it."  

The bridge's structural supports bent outwards as the powerful electromagnets strained them. The heavy structural supports creaked as their tensile strength limits were approached by the intense magnetic field.

Suddenly, and with an enormous crack, the bridge tore itself apart.

The remaining terrorist commander tried to flee but a fragment of the structural support impaled him to the wall.

The terrorist at the console turned around at the noise. The last thing he saw was piece of the electromagnet flying towards him before it tore his head off.

The backup generator, sensing that there was no load, automatically shut down.

All around the hanger, the terrorists were cut down by the fragments of the bridge.

A large fragment broke open a drum of solvent and a loose wire, torn free by the blast, ignited the solvent.

Flames quickly engulfed the part of the hanger where the remaining terrorists were taking refuge, burning them alive.

The screams of the dying terrorists were soon overshadowed by the shrieking of the fire alarms and later the roar of the CO2 fire extinguishing system activating.

Any terrorists who survived the explosion and the fire were suffocated under the cloud of CO2.

-----------------

Zachary and Sharon had just arrived at the aux control room.

Zachary quickly looked at the console. The words, "Fire suppression agent discharged in main hanger. Oxygen levels dangerously low."

"Hmm. Looks like all the terrorists are dead." Sharon said.

"I hope Kagetora, Neku, Snow, Dr. Joe, Siberys, Cale, James, Shelton  and the others survived." Zachary said, sitting down in a chair.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"But why are we flying,' werner asked James.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Isn't Kerzach in aux control also?)

In auxiliary control, Lockdown sat quietly in the corner, staring wide-eyed at the slowly reddening hangar in the computer projection of the base.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(OOC - He is. Zachary and Sharon didn't notice him.)

"Ah, Sharon, Zach. Nice work! We'll never see those terrorists again!" Dr. Kerzach said. He swiveled his chair so he faced them. "Of course, custodial and the mechanics will flip 20 different kinds of crap because we trashed all the armored vehicles and the labs and the AWTR and the control room and the hallways and the cafeteria. Ah, hell, let's saw we probably put half the base into the crapper. But, who cares? We achieved a crowning moment of awesome in taking this base back."

"Several crowning moments of awesome actually." Zachary said. "Of course, we're probably screwed because we ruined half the base and the prototypes in the AWTR and of course that Dragonstorm is going to cause massive publicity problems."

"We'll probably be known as the 'Heroes of Pelvanida'" Sharon said.

"Or we'll be hated by everyone else."

"Where's James and Shelton?" Dr. Kerzach asked.

Zachary sighed and suppressed a sob. "They were running away from the hanger. I'm not sure if they made it."

-----------------

"Thanks for helping to save us! And Who are you?" James asked.

(OOC - I had to throw in that phrase "Crowning Moment of Awesome" because there seemed to be so many in this RP.)

(OOC - the RP is ending soon but I will let everyone make their final posts and I will cap off the posts.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cale and Neku let the shield drop, then gave each other a weak high-five as they passed out from over-exertion...

"Me?  I'm an ex-experiment from the labs here.  Name's Adrian.  Adrian Starr."
The winged fox said, smiling broadly at them...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you very much Adrian." James said. "My friends are still back in the hanger."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Starr, eh?" Shelton felt his heart rate returning to normal. "Well, thanks for dropping by. Name's Shelton. Rudyard Shelton." He peered at the ground below them. "The Air Force won't be happy when they hear about this, or at the very least, see Google Earth..."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
'Yeah I'd have to agree on that,' hans said. 'I don't think so either,' werner said. "So is it over," werner asked.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Yep it's over." James said. He then turned to Starr. "So, where to now?"

---------

Neville entered the control room. "Sorry I'm late. I was caught up in the sublevels. Where's James and Shelton?"

"They may have died in the explosion." Sharon replied.

"We'll never know until we search." Zachary said.

"It'll offer some closure to know their fate."

Zachary, Sharon and Neville headed  back to the main hanger.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Uh, how about back down?" asked Shelton tentatively. "I mean, I'm good with heights, but only in short regulated intervals."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We should be heading back to the base." James replied.

--------------

Zachary and Sharon put on their masks and turned on the airflow. They entered the ruined hanger.

"Hmm. It looks like everyone's dead." Sharon said, looking at the mutilated bodies of the terrorists.

"Not everyone." Zachary replied. He was pointing to Neku and Cale.

"Let's move them out of here."

Zachary picked up Cale and carried him out of the hanger.

Sharon dragged Neku out of the hanger following Zachary.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton staggered slightly as his feet hit the ground again. "Thank you," he said gratefully. Then he turned and looked back at the base. A plume of smoke wafted up from the ceiling of the hangar. "James," he said. "Do you think the others got out?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Thank you very much." James said. He then turned to Shelton. "Only one way to find out."

James then radioed Zachary. "Zach, are you there?"

------

Over in the edge of the hanger Zachary received James' transmission. He radioed James back.

"James! You're alive!"

James' voice came over the radio. "Shelton and I are heading into the hanger."

"James! Put on your airpack and enter. Tell Shelton to stay outside. There's almost no oxygen in the hanger. Sharon and I are currently treating Neku and Cale. They were overcome by the CO2." Zachary said into this radio. He then switched frequencies to Sharon's radio.

"Sharon! James is alive!"

-----------

James beamed as he got the news. He then turned to Shelton. "Zachary and Sharon are alive!" His face then turned somber. "Unfortunately, Cale and Neku may not be. I have no news from the others."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You'll be going to help them out, I presume?" asked Shelton. "While you do that, I'm going to make use of the guard tower's radio to phone the military. Can't imagine them not already being on their way after that explosion, but it'll get me a sound clip on the inevitable documentary."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James nodded. He then headed towards the hanger.

(OOC - I'll probably end the RP once the military arrives. I'll leave it open for everyone to do their final post then I'll have it archived.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton trudged toward the guard tower. "Well," he sighed to himself, "after terrorists, mad scientists, ninjas, and a completely unnecessary trip to the troposphere, Europe's looking better everyday."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just before James entered the hanger, he put his mask on and turned the airflow on.

He then entered the hanger. The fog of CO2 and smoke was still visible. Though the emergency lights provided light, the visibility was still poor.

After several minutes of searching, he found no more survivors and he made his way to the base entrance.

He continued journeying until the mask's sensors indicated that the air was safe to breath. He then took his mask off and headed towards the aux control room.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Are Sharon and Zach in the aux control, or just Lockdown, Neville, and Kerzach?)