The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 2: Survival of the Fittest

Serris · 1232 · 72454

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
While the team recuperated, there was much action going on in the control room of the base.  Somehow the thermal bomb had not detonated, and Dragonstorm may be trying to take the base again.  News was reached that a covert squadron has re-entered Pelvanida.

One commander is trying to get in touch with the team inside.  "Crimson Base to Cobalt Squadron Leader.  Come in..."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Zanasiu and Zachary had entered one of the labs. The lab had a gaping hole blasted in the back from a stray tank round.

Zachary and Dr. Zanasiu swept around with their tactical lights while Cobalt Squad kept watch.

Cobalt Leader suddenly got a transmission. "Crimson Base, this is Cobalt Leader."

-----------------

Alfred nodded. "I can hear better than Humans; I'll lead."

He then walked down the darkened hallways of Pelvanida, relying only on his shotgun's tactical light.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" warn us if there are any steps ahead of us, I don't want to stumble in the dark " aisha said softly..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred and his group were now inside the large main hanger of Pelvanida. The hanger was dark as the lights were off and the doors sealed. He heard some chatter from above.

He shone his tactical light on the catwalk above them and spotted the glint of a rifle scope. He pushed Aisha out of the way as a rifle bullet struck a crate behind her head.

Alfred dove behind a large diesel engine as a bullet pinged off the engine.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha quickly got to her feet. He nodded as a way of thanking  Alfred for his quick thinkiong and joined him in firing back at the sniper , who had JUST missed hitting her..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Crimson Base to Cobalt Leader.  Can you give us your position and situation in Pelvanida.  Last reports have said a thermo-weapon bomb was located in the base."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We are searching for Hans and Werner Donitz. The base appears to be almost deserted as of now but we ran into some tanks outside. As for the bomb..." Cobalt Leader replied.

"The bomb's been deactivated. Alfred and Aisha cut the power." Dr. Zanasiu said.

"The bomb has been deactivated. As for position, we are inside a lab but due to damage sustained, we are unable to determine which lab." Cobalt Leader continued.

----------------

Alfred fired a shotgun blast at the mysterious sniper. He did not hit anyone.

"Aisha, Dr. Landon shoot at the catwalks I'm going to try and flush him out." Alfred said.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
(OOC: Sorry for not being here more! I've got the LSAT to take and have no fewer than three projects for school, homework, finals coming up, and some other stuff!)

Corporal Stern asked Alfred for directions.

"Any orders? Need me to do anything?"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred spotted movement and fired his shotgun; unfortunately, that was his last shell. He then threw the shotgun aside and readied his gauss rifle.

"There are snipers on the catwalks. We'll need to lay suppressive fire, then we'll head up to the catwalks and neutralize them." Alfred said. "As for my rifle, I have no idea how to use this new gauss rifle. At close range, I can do fine but sniping, no way."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"Understood" Stern replied, loading his semiautomatic. "Go ahead, Alfred. I'll cover you. I can do sniping if I have to."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Aisha! Dr. Landon! We're moving now! " Alfred said, dashing from behind the engine and scrambling up the ladder to the catwalks.

-------------------------

Hans and Werner were hiding inside a deserted lab. They had stumbled upon some of the rogue special forces troopers who proceeded to attack them.

Hans said nothing as he swapped out the drained power cell on his laser rifle.

Werner fired off a burst of gauss rounds that took out a trooper trying to throw a grenade.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
" We'll cover you" Dr landon said firing a volley of bullets at the catwalk before reaching the Ladder. As he climbed up, Aisha provided cover until he was nearly at the top., then she began climbing. the sound of bullets pinging off of metal reverberated through the room.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred made it to the top of the ladder. He readied his rifle and shot the spotter for the sniper nearest him. The sniper fumbled for his pistol but Alfred quickly shot him in the head. The gauss slug actually flew through the catwalk and struck a crate underneath.

He then squinted and saw the spotter for the other sniper standing with pistol in hand above the ladder.

"Aisha! There's someone waiting for you at the top of the ladder!" he shouted.

The spotter turned around and spotted Alfred. However, this caused him to take  his eyes off the ladder.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aisha aimed her rifdle and fired off a shot, hitting the sniper in the stomach, and causing him to pitch forward into space, as he fell, he let forth a blood curdling scream as he fell to his death. Aisha winced as he splattered into the floor below. turning her head from the revolting sight, she turned ahead to reach the top of the ladder, climbing off she saw another sniper running away from alfred towards the far end of the catwalk. " Get Him! She called put, " thayts the last of the snipers!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Alfred fired off a few shots most of them missed but one lucky shot hit the sniper in the leg, dropping him.

"He's down!" Alfred shouted.

He then ran to the far end of the catwalk where the sniper was crumpled on the ground. The sniper tried to draw a pistol but the shock and blood loss was weakening him.

"What do you want?" the man asked, his voice trempling at seeing the hulking figure of Alfred.

"Information." Alfred replied. He then kicked the pistol off the catwalk.

"What more could I tell you?"

"Where are the rest of the troops?"

-------------

Dr. Bailey had not moved an inch from the bin of scrap metal he had taken cover behind when the shooting started.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Tell us, and we're treat your injuries, which are serious, but if you don't coperate, the blood loss will probably kill you' Aisha said bitterly, " How many of you are there?'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Crimson Base to Cobalt Leader.  The US Armed Forces have reportedly withdrawn from the base.  There should be no military presence there.  We'll have recon over the base in 5 minutes, and air strike wings are mobilizing to launch in a few moments.  Is there anything you need until then?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tell us.. it will be better for you, if you do. I'm a dr and i can treat your wounds' Dr landon said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Crimson Base, this is Cobalt Leader. We are in no need of anything as of now. Shall we prepare for evacuation?" Cobalt Leader responded.  He then turned to Dr. Zanasiu.

"Crimson Base is sending some air support in 5 minutes." he said to Dr. Zanasiu.

Dr. Zanasiu nodded. "We may need it."

--------------------------

The wounded sniper shuddered. "There are about 100 soldiers left here. They are the ones who are willing to risk their lives to ensure that you do not find Dragonstorm. The others were duped into coming here. As for where the other Dragonstorm bases are. All I will tell you is..." The sniper took one last ragged breath and grew still.

Alfred nodded. "Looks like we have to purge this base."

-------------------------

Hans and Werner had finally killed the rogue special forces troopers after an intense gun battle. Shrapnel had left multiple cuts on their faces but they ignored it.

They then darted out of the lab and passed by the lab that Cobalt Squad, Dr. Zanasiu and Zachary were in.

Zachary spotted them and waved them inside. They obeyed him and entered the lab.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
dr landon gave each of them a sloemn look.. ' we must find the rest of those soldiers, and get out of here.."
_ Yeah, theres about 100, if what he said is true' Alicia said..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: