The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Happy Birthday Dragonfire!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I hope you get everything you want and need and more. :birthday

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Dragonfire wherever you may be.  I hope you have a great day and have lots of fun and get lots of neat things.  

:birthday  :DD   :p  :wow  :smile

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Happy Birthday! Here's your obligatory candle-blowing smiley: :birthday

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Happy birthday, I am sorry it is a delayed greeting, but I've been kinda away and sick :( .
 Well, I hope you got a great day :yes .

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I hate being the too much down-to-earth grumpy guy once again and of course I hope that dragonfire (where ever he or she may be) has a happy birthday :birthday
But seriously I wonder how much worth the fulfilling of an obligation rather than something heartfelt is. How to tell the difference? People who have never ever met him (with him having left the GOF before some of you joined) call him friend and mate and everything. We do not begrudge anyone for a happy birthday, but how are we to tell the difference when somebody is being congratulated whom we really know, and like, and appreciate and for whom the congratulations are really heartfelt when just the same "obligation of friendly words without serious background" is conducted on people we never ever even saw posting in our entire time at the GOF? :unsure:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ I agree with him.

I'll still wish him a happy birthday, wherever he is, if nothing else.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If you mean Vilstrup's comment, the term 'mate' I've always seen as simply another term for 'bloke' or 'dude.' Most of us just put "Happy birthday :birthday " and leave it at that, though I suppose we could write, "Happy birthday unknown user person who I've never met and  will mean nothing to me once I close this window :birthday " But it just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In some parts of the world and some customs the word mate means different things.  In some it may just mean like was mentioned above.  

Look at the words used in the English speaking countries like the US and Britain where the same things have different names, or one example of this.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Mate means friend in many english speaking countries, that's why it was mentioned.  As I said, I usually say happy birthday if nothing else, and leave it at that. If I know the person I'll say more.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Dragonfire, I hope you get everything you want and more. ^^

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Happy Birthday! The fact that you even wanted to join the GoF is reason enough for us to give you ALL our best wishes; It's not like we can ever run out of them!   :lol

So, wherever so are, happy birthday!   :birthday  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate  :celebrate