The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time - Magical Discoveries

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
poke: Welcome to the world of compressed video. :p

Dual layer DVD's cost nothing to make (from a selling point of view).  All the dvds of the films you know and love out there are dual-layer.  About the only things that are single layers are the ones you burn yourself.  I know Universal isn't Disney but they squeeze 20 episodes into 8 gigs with no serious quality loss.  I bet if someone could check these LBT dvd's I'd bet they find a video bitrate that doesn't even fill 4 gigs (single-layer dvd).  Waste of space.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Jul 20 2008 on  01:12 AM
Grandpa and Threehorn doing the can-can
 :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

I could just see(and would pay to) that!  Who's playing the banjo?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I agree with Petrie here 100%.  The videos are compressed to around 6gb.  They could be compressed 5 times more and there wouldn't be any noticeable quality reduction.  They're just a rip off.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, to bad their interested in making as much money as possible.  But at least they didn't do only 3 episodes on a disk, so I guess that is 1 positive thing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I've got it and am currently copying it onto my computer with Magic DVD Ripper.

Now, I'll just say this, if you thought the front cover was bad artwork, don't look at the back. -_-

I'll get the songs done soon.  Which means another 8 for my collection, some of which I know will be bad. :( (*thinking*Must remember, doing this for the fans. :))

Well, see ya later! :^.^:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 27 2008 on  11:25 AM
Now, I'll just say this, if you thought the front cover was bad artwork, don't look at the back. -_-

I've noticed some imperfections myself but as always try to overlook them.  The only question I have is, who is this artist they hire?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe some little kid.  I bet little kids would work pretty cheap.