The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Plushies at Wal*Mart

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just couldn't believe it!  I was busy working and while I was just casually walking through Toys to head to the back, I saw a small box with some LBT Plushies, each one selling for $7.97.

Among the plushies, I saw Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and (Get ready...) Chomper.

I plan to buy them tomorrow.  I couldn't get them today due to how late it was and certian rules that forbid me to get them while I'm working.  I'll definately go for them tomorrow, but wish me luck on getting Ducky, because there's only one left. :)

Why don't you guys check out your local Wal*Mart and see if they have some up for sale as well?  Could be your big chance in getting some LBT Plushies. :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Are they those LBT plushs which come in a broken egg shell?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
They don't sell them online to get a picture.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, first off, Petrie, let me tell you the mistake that many customers have made.  There are many customers who believe that if something is at the store, then it is also on-line or vise versa.  However, I'll now tell you that there are quite a number of items that are STORE ONLY and some that are ON-LINE ONLY.  As you can see, this is a STORE ONLY item.

Are they those LBT plushs which come in a broken egg shell?

Nope!  Just regular plushies.  However, the unique thing here is that they are so in detail, that they almost look like a 3D image of the real charcter.  They closely resemble what they look like in the TV Series.  These definately weren't done by a cheap-no-talent artist.  I'm seriously going to have to get a picture of these with my parents' digital camera and so that I can show you guys what they look like.

If things work out, I'll have pics of all four by tomorrow. :) (And perhaps my big chance to show you guys what I look like finally. :D)

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's cool, I look forward to see how are those plushies look like, maybe it may be like a Littlefoot plushie I once saw in here... but it dissapeared in mmatter of minutes/hours :blink: ... that was very fast  :D
 Good luck pokeplayer, I hope you can buy them all.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I have them and will get pics to you guys ASAP.  In the meantime, let me tell you more about them.

The company that's making them is known as "Playmates".  I have compared the Chomper Plushie I have to a pair of Furbies I've got just sitting on a shelf and found the plushies to be taller than the Furbies I have.

The full height of these things is six to seven inches.  Surprisingly, they made Ducky the tallest out of the four I got. (Height order so far is (from shortest) Chomper, Littlefoot, Cera and Ducky.)

In eagerness to find out more, I checked out the main website: http://www.playmatestoys.com/details-land-before-time.shtml

They've got alot coming for the more enthusiastic fans of LBT.  You've seriously got to check it out! (The last item will definately surprise you.)

Was this worth the $30+ dollars I spent?  You bet! :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The last item will definately surprise you
I want one! :D  :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I don't need a foot and a half tall Ducky.  :lol:  Certainly surprising though.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I have one of the old plushes of Littlefoot made by Gund.  I'm sticking to the older ones because they're of much better quality, but I'm going to get the ones from walmart too. :p LBT seems to be far from dead.  On the LBT tv ep's I've been recording, right after they show an LBT sequel.  NOW, they have LBT plush toys at walmart?????????  Yay!  It can't be dead! :D

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Yep, far from dead indeed, that's good to know :^.^: .
 Mmm, that tall Ducky plushies does sound good for my niece right now :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here it is!  The official pic of all four.

Enjoy!

If you can't see it, here's the link:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb237/p...LBTPlushies.jpg

What do ya think? :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Wonder why they made Ducky with a wide open mouth, and not the rest.  I mean we know she's of the "big mouth" species, but come on!  :lol  :lol  :DD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only real complaint I have is that Cera looks like she kinda has a mustache and is looking right at it. :D

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 They look great, and Chomper looks better than I expected :^.^: , you must be very happy you could buy them and you should be very awake just in case the missing ones appear ;) .

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, my mom definately loves them.  She came in earlier today and told me how cute they were. :^.^:

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
This post will act as a placeholder so that I can come back to it later. It seems that I won’t just be saving Photobucket photos used as captions, but also in other threads as well. However, LBT captions will be my main focus though.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay for bumping 11 year old threads. I wish I had any LBT plushies...
Inactive, probably forever.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yay, I can see the plushies again! Littlefoot, Chomper, Ducky, and Cera as shown in order. It sucks that you only see these things on online stores like Amazon and Ebay. Have any of you seen any LBT plushies sold in stores recently?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let me update on these guys.  First off, I still have them.  They are just collecting dust in my closet, along with a few other plushies, but I still have them.

I also had two others.  They were a bigger version of Littlefoot and Cera.  However, I gave those to my nephews.  Last I heard, Cera and Littlefoot got chewed up and torn by their dogs.  They've probably thrown them away as a result. :(petrie

Yes, I still hold the critique of "Cera looking at her mustache" to this day.

Finally, thank you for restoring that picture, ImpracticalDino.  I thought that was lost to Photobucket forever. (Especially with the fact I've abandoned my account and moved on to other sites to share photos on.)

So yeah, still have them.  Probably won't get rid of them or give them to my nieces and nephews since they have dogs who use them as chew toys.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It’s pretty cool to know you still have them, even if you didn’t touch them in awhile. As for the bigger version of Littlefoot and Cera, have you posted a picture of them on this forum from your Photobucket account? I may be able to restore it just the way I did with this photo.

You’re welcome, pokeplayer784. It’s part of an ongoing initiative I have to restore Photobucket photos just like these around the forum. I’m mainly focusing on LBT captions right now. If you like to know more, visit this thread.

http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16495.0

@Mumbling: Wow, you must really hate me now for mentioning you thousands of times. :P

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:57:57 PM by ImpracticalDino »