The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time 11 Showcase - January 2023

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As we come out of hiding from the disaster that was 2022, it is also time for everyone’s favorite little longnecks to come out of hiding...

------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss your thoughts on the eleventh film.  I will go ahead and present a few questions to get things started:

1) What are your general thoughts on the tinysauruses in this film?  Did any of them in particular make an impression on you?

2) What are your thoughts on the valley’s initial reaction to the tinysauruses?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Sad to see hardly anyone does these anymore...  Oh well, there's always me  :spikeroll

My thoughts on the tinysuaruses? They were basically fairy foke in my opinion, very cute and mischivious.  :evilsmile

From the great valley's point of view, I'd say they reacted a bit too dramatically. Yes, it's realistic for them to have been surprised at first, but don't they realize they live in a world where dinosaurs are all different sizes? Overall, the movie was ok, it is a sequeal after all.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I remember this film as it was the last one that I purchased as a gift for my nephew who was into the series at the time.  The film itself did not make much of an impression on me, though it did establish the dangers of keeping secrets and telling half-truths. Though the reaction of the valley does concern me a bit.  Littlefoot appears to fear something akin to banishment for disturbing the treesweet tree, whereas after his statement casts blame on the tinysaursuses the valley's reaction to them borders on genocidal.  This does make me think that the valley might need to be taught the value of proportionality.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I wanna talk about when I first saw this film. It was in a Kindergarten class of all places and it was also Earth day. I remember the teacher saying that we were watching the film to see how Dinosaurs celebrate Earth day even though the film has absolutely nothing to do with Earth day and said day wasn't a thing during the Mesozoic.