The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers 3 Discussion

Serris · 1486 · 89081

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I've created a Darwin's Soldiers page on TV tropes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarwinsSoldiers I exhausted myself just cataloging the various stories and so I haven't included any actual tropes yet, though they will be coming periodically whenever I I browse Tv Tropes and sees something that works. Feel free to add any tropes you guys see.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 4 2010 on  02:30 AM
I've created a Darwin's Soldiers page on TV tropes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarwinsSoldiers I exhausted myself just cataloging the various stories and so I haven't included any actual tropes yet, though they will be coming periodically whenever I I browse Tv Tropes and sees something that works. Feel free to add any tropes you guys see.
Awesome! I also added a bit to it as well. I go by the name Dialga X on there.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
You know something... I'm going to add a page for my own RP soon. The Fantasy RP. I can see some tropes right now for it. Thanks for the inspiration!  :D

...just how does one index a page or link a trope to the article? :blink: They really don't explain it well at all.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just go to this url:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarwinsSoldiers and replace "DarwinsSoldiers" with the name of your RP. But if you want to use punctuation, you will need to use the "you know that thing where" launcher it is under the Troperville bar.

Also, my characters and Nick's characters are waiting for a response from Cpl. Stern.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
looks reallty good lettuce.. nice work..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm I must have done my job with Clyco pretty well... he was so atypical that he doesn't have any tropes attached to him.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Caustizer,Feb 5 2010 on  01:09 PM
Hmm I must have done my job with Clyco pretty well... he was so atypical that he doesn't have any tropes attached to him.
Tropes Are Not Bad...

Alright, good job Serris on finding and including numerous tropes on the Darwin's Soldiers page. Now, to get traffic flowing through the page, we need to go to all the tropes pages we just included and put the DS example under the "Web Original" page. Even people who aren't good at finding tropes can do this:

1) Find a trope page missing the Darwin's Soldiers example (ex: Long Lost Relative)
2) Hit the "edit page" button
3)Scroll down to the "Web Original" tab
4) Start a new line with a * and type the example (ex: Hans, in DarwinsSoldiers)
5)Don't put a space or an apostrophe in DarwinsSoldiers, that way it creates a link back to the DS page.

this is the step most new trope page creators don't do, which causes them to be forgotten. It'll take some time, but it's important, it really is.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How far should the guys go before they discover that this is legit camp?

I was thinking that they get caught red handed by the loggers who had set up an ambush because of a spate of vandalism striking logging camps. And the encounter starts on a sour note because someone broke into something.

Spc. Crota, Sgt. Masters and Cpl. Stern end up having to diffuse the entire situation.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering, the two guys who went after the group in the hotel are in fact, Dragonstorm personnel but no one knows that, including the police.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lets say 30 minutes in.. or so.. good idea serris
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Good idea for Stern, btw.

I'm sorry if I am a bit delayed in my postings here. Real-life concerns and all that. Annoying.  :blink:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
its alright noname.. we understand..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Serris said I could join in if I wish and I thought I might as well, it sounds rather intruiging, especially if I can use a furry....and a fox ^^

Name: Aimee
Species: Fox
Faction: Cybernetic Experiment/Good (I think that's correct on how to do it)
Specializations: Hand to hand combat mainly, of course, not as good as how soldiers get them, but still fairly good anyway.
Powers/Cybernetic enhancement: Both arms are metal....like Jax on Mortal Kombat, or that female rabbit on Sonic the Hegehog
Personality: She is rather friendly, yet, fightwise, she gets more serious, but of course, she wouldn't kill, unless need be sort of thing

Um, how is that?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That will work.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, cool ^^

So, they're at a logging camp now I take it?  Cause if so, i could have Aimee having escaped there or something like that perhaps.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
We have a fox! That's my favorite animal, and up 'till now nobody has played as one!  :lol: Welcome to the RP MrDrake!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks, I love foxes myself, I find them to be one of the cutest animals around actually ^^

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
welcome to the rp...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LB&T, I fixed the link to Darwin's Soldiers. It has the apostrophe as it should.

Here is the new link: Darwin's Soldiers trope page
Darwin's Soldiers trope page

Also, MrDrake, nice job on the post!

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks, glad you liked my post ^^

Thought it would make sense to have it like that, Aimee in the forrest having escaped the lab where she had come from sort of thing XD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats very good. she can drop in just in time to save Aisha and her friends from a lot of trouble..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: