The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Messenger BETA

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone else tried this?

I decided to see for myself, took me 30 minutes before I uninstalled it and went back to the older Live version.

It's crappy, anoying and frustrating to use, it will only show the songs you're playing from WMP, and sometimes screws up log in! :x

Nope, I've gone back to the older one. Top on that, I've lost all my smileys! :wow

They'll have to do better than this.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
You mean this:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat...ssenger-9.shtml

I haven't used a product for chatting that's from MS since MSN 7.0.  Just go third party and keep it simple and clean without buggy issues.  That's my take.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didnt want to try it until it's actually there! Though I know a guy from my class uses it and still does. He likes that he hears different sounds when people come online so he immediatly knows who it is :p

I'm usually not a big fan of betas anyway.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like it has a lot of bugs that need polishing out.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Iris, my former roomate was like that.  He had his AIM account like that and one of his buds had a really funny entrance sound that went "OOO-OOOOH". :p  Came from a dirty rap song, but that piece was funny.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha nice. I know the guy from my class has got melodies from lord of the rings and stuff for his lotr friends. Could be that I put a part of a lbt song for every gof member :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be handy if you can remember who goes with what set of sounds.  Then without looking you could hear who is logged on.