The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Take a look inside

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
First of all I am not an artist.
While looking up some fanart I thought that hey If they can do it why can't I.....lol.
(and I had to find something to do while listening to music becose I was bored :DD)

So I will only draw Cera for a while,becose I want to be able to draw her before moving to another one,which will be Littlefoot.

First and worst one,whit a very unique pose :lol
Yeah,this first picture is sucks I know,I missed the headshape,I actually made another one with this angle which I like more than this,but I can't scan right now,and I only have this scanned,so i will show this.If you start with something ugly,the next ones will seem to be more nice I think :lol.

I used a laptop touchpad for the coloring and the outlines,and I dunno what is shading but I tryed it :smile .I forget to draw the lines in the frill in the original,so i had to make it without helpinglines with a touchpad,that's why they are look awful.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It looks great and cute! I don't think I could draw anything like that so well done from me. Can't wait to see Littlefoot! :DD

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well thanks,but feel free to criticize it.The main reason I uploaded it is becose i want to get some advice on the coloring/outlines/shading.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Use a lighter outline when going from the main to the underside.  Use a thick lining (like the one have now) to outline the entire skeleton.  On the spine, she has a sort of bevel which wraps around back which is also a semi-darker color.  I like your attempt on shading.  Pretty good.

I know I'm not an artist, but I can help others give good advice.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the advices,I find them very helpful,but that's not going to stop me from asking questions.

By lighter lines,you mean a grey color,or something which is similar to her skincolor?

By this:
On the spine, she has a sort of bevel which wraps around back which is also a semi-darker color
Do you mean i should change the shape of the ridge,or the color?Sorry,i don't understand it.

I'm glad you like the shading,becose I used the simplest metod I found,it's pretty easy with it.I will edit the picture by adding the things you said just to make sure I get it,and make that blackground transparent...This picture is good for practicing.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
I mean lighter as thinner...sorry for that.  You do need a black line between her main amber color and her belly, but it should be barely noticeable.

The ridges on her back are darker and they have a darker shade outlining them when you look at her from the top view.  (it's really hard to explain, but go find a picture on google and you might know what I'm talking about.)

Oh yes, I forgot to mention...the top shade on her frill not needed.  I know you are trying to create depth, but the way you drew it, the sun is facing down on it, so the shade is not needed.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay,thank you now it's clear.I will edit it when I will have time,and yep that shading was in the bad place,thaks for telling it.You know pretty well how should they look.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
I reposted it since i don't want to post the same picture again with the changes.Your advices were very helpfull,but i didn'tfind good picture for the ridges,and i can't watch an lbt movie right now,Do you think I should change something else with the digital part?

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
You actually did a pretty good job with the coloring, especially with a touchpad! :o  And her head shape looks pretty spot on as well.  

Can I make a few constructive criticisms though?  
Her hind leg should have more definition to it, I think.  Right now it is kinda just straight up and down.  I also think that her eye should be more rounded instead of dome shaped.  

This is still a nice picture, and much better than you seem to think it is!  :)

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you!
I am used to touchpads by now,and they are accurate enough if you zooooooom in.Thanks for the advices too,I kinda rushed the eyes.