The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Could I do this legally?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Is there any way I can post all of the lbt songs here in mp3 format legally?  Here's how I was thinking about doing it:

1.  Rip all lbt sequals onto computer

2.  Split all of the movies into just the songs

3.  Use an avi to mp3 converter to convert the 35mb music videos into like 4mb mp3 music files

4.  Upload the files onto a mp3 upload site

5.  Post the download links here

Is this legal so long as I bought the programs used to create the music?  If I did this, I would be able to post mp3 files up to 7mb here for download and would have unlimited bandwidth.  What I need to know is if it is legal and if it's not, how would I be able to do it legally.  Your thoughts?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
If I thought it could've been done legally, I would've already done it just the way you've mentioned it.  

Seeing that we already have all the songs in the projects section in a format recognized by every web browser, I think that is good enough and keeps the legality issue to a minimum (because you can't do much with a shockwave file without badly losing quality in the process).  People can hear the songs and that's what they'd be looking for.

If you want to share LBT songs in some other way, keep this board out of it (meaning no download links to mp3 files) and email members personally.

Topic closed.