The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Is The Great Day of the Flyers your favorite sequel or something? Both Tricia and Guido hail from that movie. :SmugSpike

Well, I like Guido too. The colors and posture rig match quite well. The bopper tail and his hairstyle is golden, though the expression of the plush looks confident instead of uncomfortably derpy, which is definite not an expression I see on Guido often. :p But it's nice!
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This one's great! Guido is one of my favorite characters too. I really like the colors you picked for him.

Yay, I can see her now! She looks really cute! I've always wanted to get into sewing, but it's quite daunting so I've never really done more than add pockets to pants that didn't have any (whyyy women pants, why?!) Taking on a plush project seems like quite some work. Well done!

As someone who specializes in plushies and for some reason hasn't gotten around to learning the sewing machine, adding pockets to pants seems pretty daunting to me.  :lol

Haha! I don't know how to use a sewing machine either. Just winging it by hand and cursing the needle every time I accidentally poke myself in my fingers  :PCera
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:11:27 AM by Mumbling »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Great job on Guido.,I like how you made his hair on his head and tail look seemless (literal use of the word this time). You seriously need to consider making these and selling them on etsy after the pandemic. :)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Can't go wrong with Guido. :)littlefoot Indeed, the quality of the plush is already vastly different to the Tricia one, in a good way. You made me want one right now.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Can't go wrong with Guido. :)littlefoot Indeed, the quality of the plush is already vastly different to the Tricia one, in a good way. You made me want one right now.

Let us work together to convince RainbowFaceProtege to make em and sell em on etsy. ::D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@ImpracticalDino Yep--definitely an improvement since Tricia!

Is The Great Day of the Flyers your favorite sequel or something? Both Tricia and Guido hail from that movie. :SmugSpike

Second favorite, actually. Free tree stars to anyone who can guess my first! :rainbowwave  :lol
Thanks for all the feedback @OwlsCantRead --I appreciate your analysis!

@Mumbling Thanks, I was really pleased to find some fleece in the perfect colors for this project! That doesn't always happen, and I like being able to avoid felt when I can. (Sometimes I choose fabric type over fabric color for that reason, so I'll warn you guys that some projects I show are gonna have not-quite-accurate color choices.)

@Gentle Sharptooth Thank you! I probably should consider Etsy at some point in my life...

@Anagnos Aw, glad to hear it! Like I said before, Tricia was kind of a purposefully quick project for me. One of those times I just felt like sewing but didn't want it to eat up all my free time.

Let us work together to convince RainbowFaceProtege to make em and sell em on etsy. ::D

You guys are seriously flattering me right now  :smile :smile :smile

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege For starters you could make a aurplus of Mos, Guidos, Chompers, and etc to sell omn etsy when you are ready. :D

@Anagnos Yes.. plushie! Plushie! Plushie! Lol :lol

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege For starters you could make a aurplus of Mos, Guidos, Chompers, and etc to sell omn etsy when you are ready. :D

The pressure mounts...get away! *anxiety!!!* :opetrie

*deep breaths* Whew.

Okay, I'm not gonna say anything is impossible, but I sure can't make any promises, so let's correct that "when" to an "if." I mean, I picture myself making things to sell, and I can't help imagining scenarios like:
A) I end up losing more money than I make because I'm far from experienced in business ventures. (What's a reasonable price for custom plushies? Beats me.)
B) I can't manage to create anything that's flawless enough for me to put up for sale without my conscience nagging at me (you con artist, you're really gonna charge that for that??!).
C) A project rips during shipping because my hand-sewing is hardly invincible...

Soooo, yeah. Just not sure I'm there yet.  :sducky

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Lol, you guys are crazy. Give this ecstatic guy a break. Take your time man! Continue improving your sewing craft overtime, and when you feel the time is right, perhaps then an Etsy shop is not out of the question. But until then, I look forward to praising or maybe critiquing whatever new plushies you’ve made for us to look at. :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:39:25 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

The pressure mounts...get away! *anxiety!!!* :opetrie

*deep breaths* Whew.

Okay, I'm not gonna say anything is impossible, but I sure can't make any promises, so let's correct that "when" to an "if." I mean, I picture myself making things to sell, and I can't help imagining scenarios like:
A) I end up losing more money than I make because I'm far from experienced in business ventures. (What's a reasonable price for custom plushies? Beats me.)
B) I can't manage to create anything that's flawless enough for me to put up for sale without my conscience nagging at me (you con artist, you're really gonna charge that for that??!).
C) A project rips during shipping because my hand-sewing is hardly invincible...

Soooo, yeah. Just not sure I'm there yet.  :sducky

*Calls Carnotaur Posse off and Marketing Mosasaur* When you are ready, I will buy. Until then pics will suffice. :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Continue improving your sewing craft overtime, and when you feel the time is right, perhaps then an Etsy shop is not out of the question. But until then, I look forward to praising or maybe critiquing whatever new plushies you’ve made for us to look at. :)

Thank you for understanding, I couldn't have said it better! And I openly welcome praise and critiques--anything to help me in my present goal of fine-tuning my craft!

*Calls Carnotaur Posse off and Marketing Mosasaur* When you are ready, I will buy. Until then pics will suffice. :D
:lol :lol :lol Good to know. Don't mind me discreetly slipping this Carnotaur tranquilizer into my pocket just in case.  :PCera

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Continue improving your sewing craft overtime, and when you feel the time is right, perhaps then an Etsy shop is not out of the question. But until then, I look forward to praising or maybe critiquing whatever new plushies you’ve made for us to look at. :)

Thank you for understanding, I couldn't have said it better! And I openly welcome praise and critiques--anything to help me in my present goal of fine-tuning my craft!

:lol :lol :lol Good to know. Don't mind me discreetly slipping this Carnotaur tranquilizer into my pocket just in case.  :PCera

*Sniffs* Ew.. the good stuff. I use those to sleep. :lol

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Lol, you guys are crazy. Give this ecstatic guy a break. Take your time man! Continue improving your sewing craft overtime, and when you feel the time is right, perhaps then an Etsy shop is not out of the question. But until then, I look forward to praising or maybe critiquing whatever new plushies you’ve made for us to look at. :)

That's quite ironic coming from you. :p

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

That's quite ironic coming from you. :p

Not gonna lie, I had a wide smile on on my face upon reading this reply. I knew someone was gonna point out the sheer irony of my statement, considering that I’m one crazy lunatic myself. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie, I had a wide smile on on my face upon reading this reply. I knew someone was gonna point out the sheer irony of my statement, considering that I’m one crazy lunatic myself.

Well, I kinda anticipated you to go in that direction with your comment. It would've been hella hypocritical for you to criticize others based on their activity, which is why I surmised that it was simply to poke innocent fun. And aren't we all a bit crazy? :wow

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And aren't we all a bit crazy? :wow

Haha, that's what I'm seeing--in the best way, though! :OhYou

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Not gonna lie, I had a wide smile on on my face upon reading this reply. I knew someone was gonna point out the sheer irony of my statement, considering that I’m one crazy lunatic myself.

Well, I kinda anticipated you to go in that direction with your comment. It would've been hella hypocritical for you to criticize others based on their activity, which is why I surmised that it was simply to poke innocent fun. And aren't we all a bit crazy? :wow

Well...I’d be shocked if you didn’t detect my sarcasm and humor in that post, since you should be one of the first people to definitely know if I’m being serious or not. I wouldn’t be a hypocrite on purpose, just sayin’. ;) :lol

And aren't we all a bit crazy? :wow

Haha, that's what I'm seeing--in the best way, though! :OhYou

That’s why I stated I loved your personality in your Welcome Post, because I knew you’d be the type of crazy that I like, since I’m basically that type of crazy. :lol

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@ImpracticalDino Crazies gotta stick together! :bestsharptooth
Got some new pics! Here's a Rainbow Face...you guys probably knew this was coming, right? :SmugSpike
This one's kind of old, and I'm admittedly not very happy with how she turned out. The proportions are just plain off. I might be able to salvage her with an overhaul, though...maybe I'll finally do that some time soon. I gotta have a better plush of one of my favorite characters than this, after all! :facepalm

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Rainbowtastic! 🌈