The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Love the new addition to the collection. Their pose is very similar to almost every bipedal creature, but with it comes a certain adequate semblance that is fitting of their species.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Your skills are most impressive @RainbowFaceProtege. I still think Etsy needs your work. Bit no rush. ;)

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
@Mumbling Thank you, it's one of the fun things about plushie sewing! :^^spike

@Anagnos Thanks. :smile I sure tried not to skimp on resemblance--not with my favorites!

@Gentle Sharptooth Aw, thank you as always. :DD

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I already posted my drawing of this gal, so now here's more Etta for y'all!! :DD

I was so excited for LBT 14 that I sewed this from the trailer before the movie was even released!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Etta! Great job @RainbowFaceProtege ! It looks so professional!

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well done!  :)littlefoot
At first I thought the brown on her arm was the burn mark but it looks like it's just part of the wing. It's nice to see Etta getting some attention.

So how many plushes have you made so far?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Nice job RainbowFaceProtege!

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks to all! :Mo

Well done!  :)littlefoot
At first I thought the brown on her arm was the burn mark but it looks like it's just part of the wing. It's nice to see Etta getting some attention.

So how many plushes have you made so far?

You're actually right, Flathead, some of that brown is the burn mark. There's some brown fabric across the inside of Etta's arm there that's just part of her wing, but the yellow fabric near that also has a brown spot colored onto it for the burn. (I was having a hard time figuring out how to make her burn look right, but a creative friend of mine suggested brushing some dark makeup on her arm, and it worked perfectly!)
Hmm...I'm not even sure how many plushies I've made! :thinking Let's see...
- Counting only LBT plushies that turned out halfway decent, I think 7...meh, maybe 6...heh, my definition of "halfway decent" is pretty iffy. :p For now, let's go with 7!
- Adding my plushies of non-LBT characters to that, I've done 17 good plushies.
- Adding my early-sewing LBT plushies to that, I've done 20 plushies total.
It's totally possible that I've forgotten something somewhere, though, so this would best be considered an estimate.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I like the long crest/beak Etta has. :bestsharptooth
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can only echo what others have already said. Very nice work, once again!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm glad you guys like Etta. :)petrie It might be a little while before I update this thread again. The remaining LBT plushies I have that are good enough to be worth posting are being stored in a closet full of other stuff right now, and I'm currently feeling too lazy to dig them out. :p You guys have already seen the best of my stash anyway, though. Thank you for all your comments, you're so super kind! :smile :smile :smile
I'm currently getting started on a new LBT sewing project--well, actually two new projects! :DD Expect some Ozzy and Strut pictures sometime this month! :OzzyAngry

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Expect some Ozzy and Strut pictures sometime this month! :OzzyAngry

Welp, looks like I'm three months late. :p

I had Strut in progress for quite a while, just was too lazy to sew the hands and feet until now. (In case any of you have ever wondered...sewing hands and feet is kind of a pain.) Here's the forum's favorite egg stealer! :DD I probably should start putting something else in these picture for scale, but he's about 12 inches tall. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out! One of these days, I'll have to make myself an Ozzy to go with him. (Actually, I already started cutting out pieces for Ozzy, but...meh, I decided I didn't really feel like doing this again so quickly.)

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
YAY! STRUT!  :bestsharptooth You did a wonderful job crafting him! I understand the time that was taken into making him. XD But the final product looks awesome!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He looks amazing! A very nice pose for him too. If I may offer some feedback: both Strut & Ozzy have darker spots on their hips & tails, as can be seen in this pic:

Not sure how easy these would be to add, but I feel like adding the spots gives the plushies a little more personality! :)

I can totally understand not wanting to take on Ozzy immediately afterwards. Art is no fun when it feel repetitive  :OzzyAngry

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Great job on this Rainbow! One of these days you will need to show us a group shot of all the plushies together!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks guys, glad you like him! :ChomperImAwesome

@Mumbling I had wanted to add those spots...unfortunately, I just don't know what the best method of doing that would be. Hopefully, I'll figure it out in the future, he'd have more character with that patterning for sure.
@Flathead770 I'll have to do something like that! :CeraHAPPY I actually did take some pics of my oldest plushie (Mo) next to Strut as a "then and now" sort of comparison of my sewing skills, I'll have to post them.
(Yes, this is the infamous Mo plushie I've mentioned before. He really was, uh...something!) :MoEvil

Vojeds

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh my God, why haven't I seen this before!!!? You are truly amazing with these plushies, wow seriously good job on these. They are indeed top quality  :bronGoodJob :ChomperPOG

Have you made a chomper one?  :ChomperImpressed