The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RainbowFaceProtege's Plush Projects!!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This is the thread where I'll post my babies!  :^^spike I've made quite a few LBT plushies, so I'm gonna take this one post at a time! Also, since this has already come up in my introductory post, I should probably mention that I'm not selling any plushies, these are just my personal projects.

3/3/2024 UPDATE: I’m at a point where I’m willing to take commissions for plush LBT characters! Tell me what character you’d be interested in, and I’ll let you know the price and other details! (It does NOT have to be a character I’ve made before!)

First off is Tricia! She's made of felt and is about six inches long, give or take.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 08:44:48 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Magnifico! Great work. How long did Tricia take to make?

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I’m gonna be honest. At first glance, it looked like a pink elephant to me instead of Tricia. :lol

But good job on the custom plushies! I’ve done sewing before — with assisted instructions so I know what to do. You’re next level dude. :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ah, the frill on her head looks like a star. :TreeStar She certainly gained a hot pink shade compared to light pink. :p

You can resize the images by adding a width modifier. [img width=480(or whatever number)][/img] so that it resizes appropriately. ^^
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yikes, these pictures are scary-big.  :olittlefoot Sorry about that, everyone. Embedding images from Google Photos is a first for me.

@Gentle Sharptooth Thank you! I think making her took me a day or two.
@ImpracticalDino  :PCera Yeah...I'm gonna try to fix those images right now. Anyway, I somehow jumped right into working without patterns from the beginning. Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error before I come up with something I think is acceptable!

@OwlsCantRead I was annoyed that I couldn't find fabric in the right shade for her.  :p
Ahh, THANK YOU SO MUCH for help with the images! Gonna go resize them ASAP!

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Very nice work!! She’s cute  :chompysmile I wish I had the patience to make plushies, but alas, I do not.  :PCera
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@jassy Thanks! I definitely have to be in the right mood for sewing, as there are times when I'm not feeling patient enough for it, either. Tricia was a relatively unambitious project for me, so she didn't too long to make, but some of my other plushies have taken a week or so for me to finish.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Thanks for the picture resize! Now it doesn’t take up too much area. :)

Although, the first image is no longer available for some reason. It shows a black empty square instead. I’m on iPad (mobile). Is it also broken on PC guys?

And Jesus Christ, those links you put for your images are long as hell. This is only my preference, but I use Imgur for all of my photo needs. :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
@RainbowFaceProtege: Thanks for the picture resize! Now it doesn’t take up too much area. :)

Although, the first image is no longer available for some reason. It shows a black empty square instead. I’m on iPad (mobile). Is it also broken on PC guys?

And Jesus Christ, those links you put for your images are long as hell. This is only my preference, but I use Imgur for all of my photo needs. :yes

I can't see any of the pictures. :neutral

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't see any of them either! Would love to see your plushie creations! :D

If you are uncomfortable hosting them on an image hosting site like imgur, you also have the option of attaching the photos to your post on the forum. Just press the "Attachments and other options" feature underneath a post  :yes

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Argh, I don't know what happened there.  :thinking Okay, since I know literally nothing about using image hosting, I'm gonna switch to attachments and see how that goes.

EDIT: Okey-dokey! Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:03:57 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Hey, they work now! Wow, that is one amazing Tricia. She looks cute. :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay, I can see her now! She looks really cute! I've always wanted to get into sewing, but it's quite daunting so I've never really done more than add pockets to pants that didn't have any (whyyy women pants, why?!) Taking on a plush project seems like quite some work. Well done!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks @Anagnos and @Mumbling ! :)littlefoot

Yay, I can see her now! She looks really cute! I've always wanted to get into sewing, but it's quite daunting so I've never really done more than add pockets to pants that didn't have any (whyyy women pants, why?!) Taking on a plush project seems like quite some work. Well done!

As someone who specializes in plushies and for some reason hasn't gotten around to learning the sewing machine, adding pockets to pants seems pretty daunting to me.  :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah that looks great! How long does it roughly take to make one of these plushes?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
More plushies! More plushies! :D

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah that looks great! How long does it roughly take to make one of these plushes?

Only a day or two for something small like Tricia. It can be about a week for a more typical project, though.

I plan to put another up today, just gotta take more pics! :chompysmile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Only a day or two for something small like Tricia. It can be about a week for a more typical project, though.

I plan to put another up today, just gotta take more pics! :chompysmile

Good! I wait in anticipation. :)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alrighty, here's some Guido for you! Gotta love this guy--he's my second favorite LBT character (well, technically my third since there's a pair of characters taking up my top spot)! This is actually my second version of Guido, since he was one of those characters I first attempted early on in my sewing ventures, when I still had a lot to learn and relied way too much on glue (blech). I'd show the first version for comparison, buuuut...it's underneath this new one. I basically just reupholstered him when I decided my original wasn't good enough!  :lol

He's about the size of a Build-a-Bear (12 inches when sitting down) and made out of fleece.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh, a Guido fan I see. That’s nice! :)

That’s an adorable plushy of him you created there. The quality has improved in my opinion when compared to the Tricia plushy you made. I can’t wait to see what more you have to offer. :DD