The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

People in this cartoon...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I was just wondering, suppose they did decide to put humans in the next movie, how exactly would it work out? Clearly a human is ALOT smarter than a dinosaur. The only real reason we don't see the dinosaurs so dumb is because there's nobody really smarter to compare them with. The movie shows how they would communicate in a much more bolder way, by having them talk and act like people. Nobody would want to watch just dinosaurs eating and not doing anything. It makes the show enjoyable.

But how would this work if people were in the movie. Now we have humans who clearly out-smart dinosaurs by a long-shot. Would the humans hear what the dinosaurs were saying? If not, then how would they interact. What purpose would humans have in a LBT movie if they couldn't even interact with the dinosaurs. Also, how would the kiddie dinosaurs out-smart a human if they were attacked by one? In reality, all animals live by instinct. They can't really think on their own. But the dinosaurs in LBT apparently have the brains of humans.

The size difference is also a major factor. A human, compared to Littlefoot, would be about half taller than him, maybe a little shorter. Wouldn't it just be pathetic to have humans so tiny? How could they pose any kind of threat if they were that small?

The way I see it, humans in LBT would be nearly impossible unless they did some awkward changes, like made humans gigantic just to make them fit in with the dinosaur characters.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
The only plausible way would be time-travelers. But they couldn't be able to talk to the dino's...
Still, I can sum it up in one word:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Say No to Humans on LBT!
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I agree. If they were to put humans in an lbt movie, I would be shouting NOOOOOOO!!! louder than Darth Vader.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I can clear it up now for you all. LBT 13 has no humans in it.

but if they did have a human in one of the movies they would be shadows in the darkiness, a unknown creature that they never see but mysteriously appear out of the blue then disappear again.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They would not have humans in lbt.. EVER. that would ruin the series...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
As much as I've written a LBT fanfic involving humans, I'd HATE for human to actually become subject in an LBT movie (and I don't make a habit of hating many things). I really can't (and don't) want to see humans roaming around the LBt world. It would ruin it effectively. Fanfics where imaginations can run wild...by all means. In a professionally produced piece of animation with strict rulings of how the world works...NO THANKS! :p

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
That makes LBT human free for two more movies. I'm sure the series will also be free of humans.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I must Completely agree with the sentiments of previous members; humans in LBT would be a completely ugly situation in a film.  I do accept fanfics as 'stretching' the borders of LBT to the desires of the author but in a film?  *shakes head*

If humans Were in fact, put into an LBT movie, how would they play a part I wonder?  Some very interesting points have been mentioned above.  A human would be about the height of Littlefoot (theoretically), which may create some interesting intereaction between a 'nice' human and the gang.  Perhaps a human could befriend the Gang, while a small tribe of humans may be against befriending dinosaurs.  The 'nice' human is shunned from his tribe and slowly becomes slowly  accepted into the world of the dinosaurs.

That's my random idea of the day. :lol

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
lol nice idea there. my idea is that one comes from the future and end up saving Littlefoot from some danger but his kept to the shadows or vanished before Littlefoot could find out what saved him and goes on with the gang seeing a shadow but unable to get a clear look this figure never being relieved but tells them after a adventage that they might see him in another time and disappear into the total darkiness of some place and never seen again. maybe a wild idea but it just something i thought of lol

:lol

of course I would never like humans in the movies or series itself. fanfic is that bit ok.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aww... what a pity I so much hoped to see humans in LBT, preferably humans with big guns. :blink:

Okay, anyone who knows me knows that the very idea of desecrating the land before time through the presence of humans comes close to my idea of the end of the world :lol:
I'm really positive however that there won't ever be humans in the land before time. It would be just too much of a breach with the whole setting.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yeah...humans in "The Land Before Time" would be like watching Dracula skipping happily through a field of garlic in brought daylight holding a cross in his hands.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lool cool metaphore WR :D
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Yeah...humans in "The Land Before Time" would be like watching Dracula skipping happily through a field of garlic in brought daylight holding a cross in his hands.

LOL That's so funny, and yet so true, too. I don't mind humans in LBT fanfics, but I don't want Universal to suddenly decide to put humans in LBT. It just wouldn't feel right.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Which brings me to a point...

Maybe we shouldn't even mention stuff like that, because its a noted fact that some movie producers will go onto chatrooms.

In fact, a Universal Executive could be among right now. It could be you! It could be me! Anyone's a suspect!  :unsure:

:lol   :lol:   :P:

On a more serious note, if Universal ever did put humans into LBT, it would be the death ring of the series, because that would be the absolute #1 sign that they've run out of ideas.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Which would be really sad, as there are many stories left to be told within the range of freedom of action defined by the earlier land before time movies (even excluding violations uch as those in LBT 10).
Sometimes I do hope that somebody with some influence on the contens of the land before time is reading our discussions on the matter.
I suppose that we can be calm about humans though. I really don't expect anone there could seriously consider such an extreme change.