The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 7 coherent mistake

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I was watching lbt 7 yesterday and I noticed that the raptors in lbt 7 only had two claws, like the one's in lbt 11. So they do want to have two-clawed raptors for some reason, making the raptors in lbt 3 the only most anatomically correct ones.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
There were raptors in LBT 7?  Or do you mean the rainbowfaces?  We're pretty sure they're troodons and are supposed to have three.  All this stuff about a missing digit here and there is making my head spin since its been so long since I've seen any of these sequels.  :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
He is talking of the Raptors in the flashback about Pterano's past I suppose.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Yup, I was talking about those raptors Malte mentioned. It's so weird.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm. This appears to be yet more evidence that the effort going into more recent LBT films is decreasing. :cry   I only hope that this trend doesn't continue with LBT 12, 13 and beyond.

To this day, with all of the decent sequels out there, I still think 2 and 3 are my favorite sequels.  good observation here, NewOrder. I don't really know my dinosaur facts so I never would have caught this.  But indeed you're right; the claws are different.  I suppose for most purposes it's close enough, but this just helps say that the tender loving care for the films is starting to decay.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
the rainbow faces are NOT troodons. they don't look like nothing like troodons. They are being other type of dinosaur more like a skin suit that very highly technological advanced since they are aliens so please don't bring up that they are troodons whish they are not.

first their eyes are smaller then troodons
second their legs are different to troodons
Thrid so is the body shape being about twice the height of littlefoot as well making them FAR to big to be troodons.

So I rest my case on that part  :lol

I think they could be a saurian type race that evolded technology is one theory and studying Earth of their counsins
Second idea is a skin suit of a dinosaur that live in the region of the Great Valley is which I know troodons don't since they live near to the south pole where they live in almost darkiness for over 6 months.
And last but all I know we all know they are aliens so they are either one of the two above this line not troodons. that what i will and always believe, we can keep going on about it for months and i won't change my mind cause I believe they was pretending to be that dinosaur which is not a troodon or are that type on that movie which evloved on another world to use technoloy.

I rather believe in one of them then those rainbow faces being troodons

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Troodons were the size of humans, I thought.

The Rainbowfaces also lacked the tiny sickle claw that troodons were supposed to have. So yeah it's true that the Rainbow faces were not troodons; they were gallimimuses I think.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Perhaps that's why I'm not the resident dinosaur expert.  :lol:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I agree with DarkHououmon, they resemble more dinosaurs like galimimus, ornithomimus, and so on. I guess the idea behind lbt 7 aliens, were for them to take form of dinosaurs that would be of a confortable size and that could manage some tools. You can see rainbowfaces in other lbt movies, it's not like they're having an alien invasion :D The aliens in lbt 7 just decided to take that form.
I also noticed that in the more recent movies, the gang has gain wait, they're sloppy, bigger, and they run in a very heavy way. Although weight gain is normal for dinosaur types such as Triceratops and Apatosaurus, they wouldn't be fat, they would get bigger.