The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Good Dinosaur

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Lasseter and company unveiled some boldfaced voice talent for a handful of upcoming projects. Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur will feature Raising Hopeës Lucas Neff as star dino Arlo, John Lithgow as Poppa and Frances McDormand as Momma.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thought there was a different topic for this movie, but I'll just post it here. Pixar just released another trailer, that actually shows off some of the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-RgquKVTPE

One thing I see is a very strange threehorn-like creature with tons of horns on him, most with different things adorning them. Still looking forward to this one, as I haven't really sen any good dinosaur movies in a long time, and Pixar has a pretty good track record.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look interesting, and with humorous scenes, and we have a good look at 2 of the main characters it would seem.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Looks like the year of the dinosaurs to me

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I'm so looking forward to watching this film! Pixar and dinosaurs? Yes please! :DD

The two main characters look pretty cute. And the setting is beautiful! I know some people are complaining about the cartoony look of Arlo compared to realistic backgrounds, but apparently that plays into the story and I'm going to wait and judge on the art style when I actually go and see the film in full. Also, from what I've heard about what was shown at D23 this year, I can already tell that I'm going to cry. A lot. Damn you, Pixar. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Surely something to visit the theaters for :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nobody has reviewed this movie yet? I've recently been able to see it (thanks to that disney group on DA who always stream movies every now and then ^^) and... oh god. I can survive watching the death of Littlefoot's mother without crying but The Good Dinosaur got me... twice!  ^^spike

It's definitely the best movie I've seen this year and that's saying quite a lot competing with movies like Jungle Book and Zootopia (both of which blew me away!). The story reminded me so much of LBT that I even considered planning a crossover fanfic. This movie definitely deserves a more detailed review so I'll probably share my views in detail once I've seen it again so I can write a proper, long review. Should be on Pay-TV soon over here... :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've seen it back in..December I think. I was not all that impressed with it, honestly. There were several things that I had issues with. For instance, the design of the characters against the realistic backgrounds was really jarring and out of place. A lot of the characters were one-dimensional and barely got any screen time. The story was a bit too predictable. They didn't take full advantage of the "what if the meteor missed" thing.

I mean yeah there were some good things about the movie. Spot was pretty adorable. And some of the moments with him were pretty funny. And it was pretty impressive with how some of the drama was portrayed.

But all in all, I found the movie to be pretty lacking. And there were several questions that I had to wonder the answer to. Like... why are the herbivores eating only corn? How do they weave those baskets with feet? Why do they keep chickens if they don't eat any kind of protein?