The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you watching?

Amaranthine · 1782 · 123217

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I have been watching a ton of movies lately:

Zombieland: Talking about "don't judge a book by its cover". Really... the idea of spoofing things like "The Walking Dead" sounded so dumb and destined to failure on my mind and I... laughed so hard that it was unbelievable.  

Wicked Blood: This movie was shot in only seven days and it shows (you can pretty much play a game pointing out how many times the frame cuts someone's head off the take) but the actors were so committed to it that the result shines thru. Seriously, EVERYONE in the cast gave his or her best and that made up for every other aspect that wasn't AS good.

Janie Jones: Ok, I did judge this movie by its cover ... but that was because it called my attention. I could really get behind the idea of the movie and I enjoyed it very much while doing so.

Perfect Sisters / Deadly Sisters: That flick is... emotionally destroying, and I kid you not when I say that it actually made me feel BAD after I watched it. But it is not like if the movie was all that good or anything (in fact, it is horribly amateurish, despite its gargantuan budget and name actors) the problem is that it is based on a real event that happened in Canada and it is portrayed in a really bizarre way that makes me wonder what the heck were they thinking when they have decided to adapt the story.

I mean... Gee, two of my favorite actresses in the world are in there (Abigail Breslin and Georgy Henley) and these two incredibly talented ladies come off as a pair of non-sensitive robots because of the script. That thing seems to be written and executed in a way that forbade any kind of emotions or improvisation on them, making them act EXACTLY as it was written... and that was a mistake in my opinion, because the girls cannot shine in this... for a second there I thought that they weren't the real thing. It was THAT bad. And that problem largely affects the rest of the cast as well, making them all look like amateur fools who were trying to earn enough money to eat at Mcdonalls after they were done filming.

Another problem is that the director clearly didn't know what he was doing... there's a corpse in one scene and you can see that it was kind of realistic, leaving a good impression on you... what did he do with the shot? Reprise it FIVE other times, of course! By the end of it, the corpse has already been established as fake-as-all-heck. See? There were many decision like that one throughout the whole flick and I cannot understand why anyone would do something as self-harming to their product.

The last part of the movie was touching (and even scarring in a way) but it might be a little dark and I don't think that it is worth the whole movie you have to sit thru in order to see it.

I watched many more movies, but I'm tired of writing :p!

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been watching Titanic, Happy Feet, and part of a really funny norwegian children movie. I only started watching because I was bored and didn't know what to do until something else was on TV I really wanted to watch. it was all about sandbox love and frankly hilarious  :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I have been watching (and writing about about): Girl Meets World... it is surprisingly good.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Monster House
Carriers 2009
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Resident Evil: Damnation

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Madagascar 1 & 2
Inactive, probably forever.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just watched season five of "Game of Thrones".  Since I don't have tv usually, I wait until the latest season is released then have a marathon.

I'm so excited for season six...oh, patience ;).

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dead Space it was a horrible graphic violent horror video game movie. The characters where all brainless and dumb. The plot was boring and not scary at all. It got a 3/10 from me.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Dead space 2 another horrible video game sequel graphic horror movie

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Space Dogs Moon Adventure 2014
Mars Needs Moms
Alien Abduction
AI Artificial Intelligence
Astro Boy

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A lot of those where horrible movies.

D3: The Mighty Ducks

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Pandemic
Over the Herge
Contagion
Robots
Monsters VS Aliens
Megamind
Escape from Earth
Fear of the Darkness 2014
Skinwalker Ranch
Transformers Dark of the Moon
Transformers Age of Extinction
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
WALL E

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Just watched Whale Rider and The Neverending Story.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile