The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Trek:TNG/LBT Xover:Good idea?

jedi472 · 12 · 1461

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just doing a reader survey about a fic that's be in my mind. It involves Q taking the Enterprise back in time to examine the origin of humanity.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
You never know until you try, right?  Some people might not like it, but that shouldn't ever stop you from wanting to create something.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
It could be possible to do such a thing. But it depends on how and why it happens including a good plot :) it should work out.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I can honestly and completely say NO on this one.  I mean think of it.  Picard and Littlefoot? :blink: Talk about degrading both series.  The only worse clash I can think of is taking the power puff girls into the movie Terminator or something.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I agree that some stories just don't fit to each other. I love LBT I like Star Wars and still I am positive they don't make a good match. The same goes for other Science Fiction or other genres which don't mix well with LBT. I guess it is a good idea to have the original movie and the first few sequels in mind when deciding what to include or omit in an LBT story.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
To me it wouldn't be a good idea, but if you want to do a fanfic about it, then I have nothing against it. I just don't like the idea of the crossover with TNG and LBT. I mean, would there be time travel if the characters from TNG meet those from LBT?

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I must say no on this aswell.
Though, I am a big Star Trek Fan (especialy TNG)...
I just don't think they'd go togheter.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Timehopper,Apr 29 2008 on  08:35 AM
To me it wouldn't be a good idea, but if you want to do a fanfic about it, then I have nothing against it. I just don't like the idea of the crossover with TNG and LBT. I mean, would there be time travel if the characters from TNG meet those from LBT?
yeah, I'm thinking Q would show up, and inform Picard the Q continuum wished to be certain the human race would be worthy to exist as an equal species with the Q someday.  would test them by taking the Enterprise crew back in time, and will only return them once they discover "where humanity originated."

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
It could work but the likelihood of a good fan fic coming from this is extremely low.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It could work but the likelihood of a good fan fic coming from this is extremely low.

I agree.  It'd be better not to try it and leave the dignity of both series intact.  I would say the odds of this turning out good and actually having a decent ending (or an ending at all) is like 1 in 700.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 29 2008 on  06:06 PM
I would say the odds of this turning out good and actually having a decent ending (or an ending at all) is like 1 in 700.
To me the odds seem closer to 1/1,000 or so.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I won't try it for now since I'm already working on 1 fic, but I think I can do this so it makes sense.