The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey to Shiny Cavern

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING BUT THIS STORY, AND MY CHARACTERS

Exploration, new life, destiny. As far as I know, a lot of dinosaurs explore the Mysterious Beyond for a huge number of reasons. Sometimes, they even have to find their own reason. But as it turns out, me and my friends found a pretty interesting one…

Spartan Guy 88 presents

A Land Before Time Story

From the author of Spider Monkey, Camp Wars, and One Crazy Outing

JOURNEY TO SHINY CAVERN

My name is Vinlon; but my parents and everyone else I know call me Vine. My parents and I are Stick-Heads (Parasaurolophus), and we had finally made it to what many have said is the greenest, most fertile land in all of, well everywhere everyone knew of. It was called, The Great Valley. While I was sad to leave my friends back where I used to live, my parents promised that I would in time make new friends here. This is my story…

“Come now son, try to pick up the pace.” His father called out. Vine perked up and walked over to his parents. Vine said to them, “Sorry, I was just thinking of how much I’ll miss my old home. I hope my friends and their families decide to come to the Great Valley too.” He was about one-fourth the height of his mother and father, they were all a very grey-purple color; yet his father was slightly darker than his mother. Vine was about in between of the two colorwise.

“Don’t worry Vine,” his mother told him, “I’m sure that some day you will see your friends again. Besides, you’re bound to make many new ones in the Great Valley.” His dad then added, “Speaking of which…”

Vine looked at what his father was seeing, and he saw exactly what they were going towards: The Great Valley. It was far more beautiful than whatever he’s already heard of it. There were forests of trees, large bodies of water, and plenty of wide open spaces for him to romp on when he got the chance. “Mom, Dad; it’s even better than I imagined it would be.” His parents simply smiled at him and each other, and together they walked down the path leading from the canyon wall and into their new home.

A/N: Hi there, I’m new to writing LBT fanfics so forgive me if I goofed up on anything here. I promise the next chapters will be much longer than this one. This is my first LBT story for those of you wondering. I’m hope my story does well here.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Ohh, I saw this on fanfiction.net, but it sure is far more easier for me to keep track of this story if you keep posting in here :DD .
 So far it looks promising, I look forward to read more. Keep it up!.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks for the support. And if any of you are still confused as to what Vine and his parents are, he's same kind as the one in the 12th movie who says "Strange weather we're having." I just feel he'd be good for Vine's role.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
By the way, long chapters doesn't mean good chapters. I have read a few fan fictions that were the worst I've ever read with extremely long chapters. But still a good opening for a fan fiction.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It seemed my folks were right about the possibility of me making new friends. Everywhere I looked, I saw dozens upon dozens of fellow dinos, both Stick Head and other. But of course, being new to the Great Valley, I had to find someone to hang out with. While my parents went off to introduce themselves to the rest of the Valley’s herd, I set forth to do just that. I didn’t know how, but I swore that by the time the Bright Circle went down for the night, I would have new friends. However, that proved to be harder than I thought it would be.

Vine walked through the valley, hoping to find some new children to play with. Along the way, he saw a group of five dinosaurs; around his age he guessed. They composed of a gray longneck, a light-orange three horn, a brown flyer, a pink fast runner, and a-

The fifth dino made him look a second time. It was a purple sharptooth. Vine was just about to run and shout to his parents, but then he thought to himself; “If that kid is a sharptooth, then why aren’t the other kids running away from him?” Despite the fact that Sharpteeth were some of the most feared creatures in the world, it seemed that this one was far different than the rest of them. Yet he still didn’t want to take a chance until he learned more of this young sharptooth, and moved on to find someone else. “I’m more used to smaller groups anyway.” He thought to himself again.

Some time later, he found another group young dinos, three of them to be exact. This group consisted of a club tail, a whistler swimmer, and the third was another flyer that looked similar to the one he saw earlier. Except this one was slightly less brown than the former. The flyer and the swimmer were both chatting away with each other, and the club tail was having no part of the conversation. Vine, feeling that he’d have better luck with this group, decided to go over there and introduce himself.

Vine walked over to the club tail and said, “Uh, hi. I’m new here and uh…” The club tail ignored him. Vine tried to speak louder, “Hello? Can you hear me?” The club tail still ignored him. “Hey, I’m talking t-!” Vine yelled; before the club tail turned around and shouted, “What did I tell you! Never interrupt me when I’m eating my lunc-!” He paused, then continued, “Oh, sorry. I thought you were one of those two.” He was referring to the flyer and the swimmer, whom were still talking to one another.

Vine then cleared his throat and continued, “Uh, okay. Well me and my parents just moved here and uh…” The club tail then spoke, “And let me guess, you’re trying to find new friends. Is that it?” Vine nodded. “Well fine, but I’m not very into new guys. You can hang with us alright, but that does not make you and me friends;” the club tail said, “You might as well meet these two. The flyer is named Pella.”

The flyer and the swimmer heard the club tail introducing them to Vine and went over to them. Pella then said, in a girl voice, “Hey, welcome to the Great Valley.” The club tail then introduced the swimmer, whose name was Corrin. “Hey how ya doin’?” He said (in a Southern accent). Vine then turned to the club tail; who then introduced himself, “And you can just call me Toa.” Vine then stated, “Alright, well my name is Vine; at least that’s what my old friends used to call me.”

Corrin then said, “Vine is what they call you? Heh, lucky; my brothers and sisters call me ëCorrie.’ Don’t ever call me that.” Vine paused for a second, and then continued, “Um, okay then ëCorrin.’ So Toa, what do you want to do then?” Toa then answered, “Well, if you want to chat away with these two chatter heads here, knock yourself out. Trust me, these guys can talk about anything you can come up with; and it bores me out of my mind. If you wanna do something exciting however, then let’s go over to those hills there.”

“You don’t like Corrin and Pella?” Vine asked Toa; who responded, “It’s not that I don’t like them; but they can really get on my nerves. You’ll soon see why. So Pella and Corrin, just shut up.” Pella had a bemused look on her face; “But I didn’t even say anything!” Corrin cut in, “You just did.” She then looks at the Whistler, “You know what I mea-”

“Shut up!” Toa yelled. The two were quiet now.

Somehow, I knew this was going to be an interesting group of friends. I could just tell already…

A/N: I’ll try to make the next chapter slightly more interesting. And I’ll also try to update more frequently. Please review! Seriously, because if I screwed something up; I’m gonna need the info.