The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My fic

Vaan360 · 19 · 1906

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well this is my My first ever made fic  so it may be a little lame.
This first chapter and the caming second one will not include lbt stuff, but the third one will.

A World without them

Hey, my name is Kyle and I’m 16.
I lost my parents in a car crash when I was 7, and since that time, I live with my grandfather and with my sister in London.
I’m Kyle, I’m 16, and this is my story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - Same old story

So, there I was, listening to Avenged Sevenfold and talking with same friends when suddenly my cell phone rang, and I thought who could be calling at this time, so I rushed to my cell phone and answered the call….

Kyle - Hello?
??? - Kyle?
Kyle - Yeah, this is Kyle.
Grandpa – It’s your grandfather here, I need you to come to the lab right away, and tell your sister to come to.
Kyle – What? Now?
Grandpa – Yes now, please Kyle, this is important.
Kyle – (*Sighs*) Fine…but you gotta be fast, because I have guitar lessons at 6 o’clock.
Grandpa – No problem, it will be fast.
Kyle - I’ll be there in 30m.
Grandpa – ok, hurry up.
(*Bhutan click*)

I said goodbye to my friends, turned off the computer, grabbed my guitar, and went calling my sister, that would probably be studying in her room.

Kyle - Rebecca, we have to go and meet grandpa at the lab.
Rebecca – What? Now?
Kyle – Yeah, now, he said it was important,
Rebecca – Studying is important to you know? You should try it same day.
Kyle - Ha ha, very funny, now c’mon, he is waiting for us.
Rebecca – (*Groans*)Fine, but if he makes go there for same stupid new bacteria he found, or something like that, he better run.
Kyle – (*chuckles*) I don’t think so, after the scene you did last time…
Rebecca – Yeah, he wouldn’t dare… But I have to finish this, you go ahead, ill catch up with you later.
Kyle – You promise?
Rebecca – Yeah, don’t you worry, above everything he is still our grandpa, and he took care of us…
Kyle - Well, I’m leaving, see u there.
Rebecca –Cya

I rushed down the stairs, opened the door, and got out.
It was a beautiful day, the Sun was shining, the sky was blue without a cloud and the birds where singing beautiful melodies…
We lived in a big blue house, with 2 floors, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 3 rooms, and a giant living room.
The house was far from town, in a peaceful, calm place with lots of nature, no pollution, no car noises, basically the perfect place to live.
I would take 1 hour to get to town by foot, and since it was such a beautiful day and I was in a hurry I decided to go by bike.
I went getting my bike that was in the back, and I hit the road.
The sensation of the wind on my back was great, but I felt a little sad, because I remembered the times  I spent with my parents and my sister, all of us together.

Kyle – Why me? (I said)

The long trips to the mountains, my father unfunny jokes, my mother’s cooking’s, and the fact that my sister would always get the blame for things that I did…
It’s the circle of life, I thought…
Then I saw big factories and buildings and lots of cars. here I go again I thought, and I hurried to the lab.
When I got there, I putted the lock on the bike and went inside.

Kyle – Hiya! (I said to Mrs. Groove, the receptionist)
Mrs. Groove – Hi Kyle, what are you doing around here?
Kyle – Just visiting my Grandpa.
Mrs. Groove – Great idea you had, you grandfather spends too many time lock upped in there, a familiar face will cheer him up.
Kyle – Err…yeah you’re right, um… I am gonna see him now, it was nice to see you
Mrs. Groove – Well thank you! It was good to see you to.

I continued down the hallway, turned left, and I climbed down the stairs.
Down there, I entered a brown door, and I shouted:

Kyle – Grandpa! Where are you?
Grandpa – I am in here! Come here.
Kyle – ok, ok, I’m going, gesh!

When I got to the door what I saw…..

Kyle – OH MY GOD!

To be continued….

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I like the beginning very much. Everything is good detailed and you end up with the first chapter at an exciting point :-) Can¥t wait to see the second one ;-)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
mmm, winder what happened to gramps, :)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks for showing it Vaan.
It's really good, and I like the 1st person point of view.  :yes

Keep it up, you're doing good.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the coments, ill try to do the 2 chapter good to, the sonner the better.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Don't feel rushed! If there is one thing I've learned about writing a fan-fiction, don't rush it. Do it at your own pace.

I like it. Builds up suspense for the next chapter. By the way, is this on FF.net?

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No, I haven¥t put it there yet.
About writing at my own pace... you¥re right, but I alredy finhised my 2 chapter , and this one is bigger, it was worky, ill post it today, came by later so see it and tell me what u think.

Once again thank you all for the comments and helpfull stuff. :)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I like the color. Reading page after page of white size 8 font gets hard on the eyes after a while. The story is good, too. Keep it up!

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well here it is, the second chapter, this one is longer than the other one.It was hard to found out what to say in some parts, but, here it is, hope you like it :^.^:  

A World without them

Chapter 2 – Shocking trues

Earlier that day…

Kyle- Well, I’m leaving, see u there.
Rebecca –Cya
(*door slam)

Rebecca  – Finally, I can finish this…
(*bike noise)
Rebecca  – Ho what the heck! I’ll finish this later, better see if I can catch up with Kyle.

She rushed to the front window and called me:

Rebecca  – Kyle! Wait up! ... Darn, he didn’t hear me,I better hurry up , I can get there first if I go thought a shortcut.

She closed her room’s door, climbed down the stairs, got out through the back door and grabbed her bike.

Rebecca  – If I want to get there first I need to hurry.

She closed the back gate and off she was.
Instead of leaving the area like Kyle did, she was going trough an open field, a place her mother showed to her before she died.
When se got to the field, she started to remember that day with our mother, it was a rainy day, the sky was covered with giant thick grey clouds, and the wind was so strong that took away our mother hat…

Younger Rebecca  – Mommy! Your hat!
Mom – Leave it, its not big deal. There’s a reason why I told you to come here with me today…
Younger Rebecca  – You said it was for us to spend some mother/daughter quality time.
Mom  – (*giggles*) you’re right, but I also wanted to give you this.

She took a necklace from her pocket and gave it to Rebecca.
It was a grey Necklace, covered with very small crystals and in the middle there was a green ruby.

Younger Rebecca  – So beautiful! Thank you mommy!

She said totally amazed, but then she asked:

Younger Rebecca  – But why today?
Mom  – For no reason…I just thought it was time.
Younger Rebecca  - Time for what mommy?
Mom  – I…
(Heavy thunder noise)
Both - (*very loud Scream*)
Mom  – Never mind, let’s just go home.
Younger Rebecca  – you’re right mommy, I hate thunders!

When she told me about that day and the Necklace after our parents died, I thought that was super weird, because my father had also gave something when I was 6, a year before our parents died, he gave me a black bracelet, it had two white lines in each end parallel to each other, and in he middle there was a small red crystal.
But I eventually stopped thinking about that, and Rebecca to.
We had other stuffs to think about…
When Rebecca came to herself she could see the lab.

Rebecca  – Already? Didn’t seem to notice how fast the time passed…What the?

She saw my bike at the entrance of the lab, guess she didn’t know about my bike skills.

Rebecca  – No way! How did he got here first?! Doesn’t matter now, grandpa is waiting, better hurry.

She rushed to the entrance.

Rebecca  – Hi Mrs. Groove
Mrs. Groove – Hi Rebecca, are you here to visit your grandfather to?
Rebecca  – Yeah, did Kyle pass through here many time ago?
Mrs. Groove  – No, just a few seconds ago.
Rebecca  – Thanks, could you tell me the way? I don’t know the lab as good has Kyle and my grandfather…
Mrs. Groove  – Sure, just continue down the hallway, turn left, climb down the stairs and search for a brown door.
Rebecca  – Thank you Mrs. Groove  
Mrs. Groove – You’re welcome sweetie.

Rebecca continued down the hallway and turned left, just like Mrs. Groove said, but when she was climbing down the stairs, she heard my scream, and here was  where I left you last time…

Present time….

Kyle – OM My God!!!
Rebecca  - Kyle?? Kyle was the matter?
Kyle – Rebecca came here, quickly!

She climbed down the stairs, and in no time she was near me.

Rebecca  – It can’t be….Mom? Dad?
Grandpa – No Rebecca, unfortunately no, they are holograms probably created by your parents as a message
Kyle – Why didn’t you show it to us this earlier?
Rebecca  – Yeah…Why??
Grandpa  – I couldn’t, because I only discovered it today in this letter.

He handed me over an envelope with a letter inside.

Grandpa  – I found it today in or old house, when I was looking for something.
I guess your parents left it there for some day to be found…that day, is today…
But well... I still haven’t been able to find out how to start the message.
That’s why I need the help of you two.

I couldn’t believe this…
Forty minutes ago I was home, listening to Avenged sevenfold and talking with some friends…and here I am now, being asked by grandpa to help him activate a message that my dead parents left to us…
Rebecca couldn’t believe it either, but after some thinking she said to gramps:

Rebecca  – Wait a minute, if you had found out how to activate the message, would you have called us?
Grandpa  - You know I would.
I just wanted to make sure this was real… I didn’t want to hurt you or you brother with some stupid thing, its bad enough already that their dead…
Rebecca  – (*sighs*) I know you would, sorry grandpa…
Grandpa  – it’s ok.
Kyle – So, what do you need our help for?
Grandpa  – You two could start by reading the letter, I didn’t quite understood some parts of it.
Kyle – Sure thing.
Rebecca - I wonder what it will tells us…

I opened the envelope, took the letter, and we started reading it …

To be continued

Well in the next chapter I will include LBT characters,I still don’t have many ideas for the next chapter :(  , but Ill figure out something  :rolleyes:  :^.^:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good chapter. Leaves suspense at the end. Again.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Yeah it looks cool. Forward in reading more of it! ^^

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
If you don't know how to incorporate LBT characters, you don't have to. There is stand-alone fanfiction on this site, we don't expect you to conform to any rules or anything. If you have some great ideas that don't include LBT at all (and seriously, I don't see any easy way LBT could factor into this story), just write the story without any. The plot is good enough to stand on its own without it!

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
it is good, but what has this with LBT? :huh:

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
thnks.Well, ill try to find a crazy imposible way to had lbt carathers to this, just wait and see, probably doing a mistake.Guess it will depend on if it will make sense right*?

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Absolutely corect! I'm sure you'll find a way to sensibly tie in LBT characters into your fic.