The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who should win TDV?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For those of you who like my TDV fanfic, you know there are only 5 players remaining in the game.  Out of them, who do you wanna see win?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I gotta say Ali, she hardly has any screen time in the movies or shows, and she could use the fame boost. :DD

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Definitely Ali..  :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I divided this thread's question into three sections for me:

Who should win?
I gotta say Ali, she hardly has any screen time in the movies or shows, and she could use the fame boost.
Yes, I agree fully, and it's not just that. Littlefoot is pretty much the theme of The Land Before Time movies themselves, but that means he already has more focus than anyone. However, seeing the hero's girlfriend be in the spotlight for a change would be nice since she is pretty popular but hasn't been shown as much as some people would have liked. Also, that tactic can yield very interesting results. I'm talking about all the things that could happen between Littlefoot and Ali in the end if she was winner, perhaps even very romantic ones at that. I'd rather not say any thoughts on those since I don't want to accidentally negatively influence what the author write if he reads this.

Who do I want to win?
Like some people can be in charatcer polls, my opinion is biased to my favorite charatcer, or favorite official character, if you will. I have no great reason why he should win, other than the fact I like him so much. Many people just like seeing they're favorite taking the stage, whether that character is best suited for it or not. I don't know if Chomper would be the best choice or not, but as my favorite, what can I say? Yeah, I'd like him to win.

Who do I think will win?
Based off what I know about the author of this story, I have some theories as to why I think he'll make Chomper win in the end. I could very well be mistaken, but this is just my thought and I in no way can call this a fact. The author has written another story, and he seems to do the best with focusing on Chomper because I believe he enjoys that the best. He likes working with sharpteeth in ways people never saw before, and he's doing great with that so far. Secondly, he feels that sharpteeth need more positive attention in general than what they have been receiving. So far, sharpteeth are usually portrayed as the "bad" guys, and he doesn't like that at all. He wants people to admire and look up to sharpteeth for what they are, caring creatures like any other who only want to survive. And what better way to give positive attention admiration to sharpteeth than to have one win this game?

Now, I haven't talked to the author about this so I have no idea what the outcome will be, just like everyone else. I simply made my prediction on what I see, which can very easily be utterly false. These are all and simply my thoughts on this matter. And when the ending comes, I will be surprised like everyone else will be. Although, knowing this author, no matter what happens or how it's done, I know this surprise will be a pleasant one indeed. Later!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Three out of the four replies to this thread support Ali, yet she only has two votes. And one of them's mine.

I'm starting to dislike Chomper just because he seems to have his own religion on this board.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 9 2009 on  09:20 PM
I'm starting to dislike Chomper just because he seems to have his own religion on this board.
I do see what you mean here LB&T.

Neither Chomper nor Ali were in the original, and whilst that may seem like a rubbish excuse to get rid of them, it's mine. The other characters are something special to me, whilst niether of those are.

Which is why my vote goes to Cera. She's got the personality to fight and come out top.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Arent you exaggerating a little? Only because many people like him it doesnt mean they worship him or something... Besides, poll is just a poll. Majority may vote for Chomper, but brekclub may decide that someone else will win and he has a right to do so. After all it is his story.

I voted for Chomper. :)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
cera is imo unlikely to win. remember that Heather was voted out in third place on TDI. Cera is playing the "heather" role, So I expect her to recieve her comeuppance and be voted out before the finals..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Who else voted for Chomper to win and why?

Chomper4

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's go Chomper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
just read TDV today, loved it, can't wait to see who wins.  My vote is going with Cera, I don't think she'll actually win (I have a funny feeling Chomper has an advantage  :rolleyes ), but she's my favorite character and I can always hope can't I?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper, Don't ASK, until a new chapter is put up..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: