The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Threw Up

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Do you think it's a good or bad idea for one of the children saying "I Threw up?" For example: in the 18th Land Before Time movie I'm creating here's a scene that feature's it; When the Spinosaurus shoves the log off the cliff and into a tree with Ducky still inside it. This startled Ducky so much that she threw up.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're creating a fanfiction JB , not a movie.. and Dinosaurs didn't have any notion of "throwing up"...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm...this is inspired by the scene from JP, isn't it?  I'm sure dinosaurs vomited like many other living things do :x.  I don't think one can vomit from being startled, though :unsure:.  In the JP scene, Tim was most likely scared s***less, not startled.  The same would go for Ducky.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Throwing up is the result of an upset stomach, either from a disease, some kind of infection or inflamed stomach lining, overeating, or poison. I do think one can throw up or feel like throwing up as a result of extreme disgust or fear.

But, as far as I know, you cannot throw up as a result of shock or surprise. Doesn't work like that. If Ducky was frightened enough, she could throw up as a result of that. But being shocked or surprised alone won't be enough to do it.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'd assume that being in a tree that was pushed off a cliff can cause severe nausea and fear, enough to cause vomiting.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You would have to have some food in your stomach for that though..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,May 12 2009 on  10:34 PM
You're creating a fanfiction JB , not a movie.. and Dinosaurs didn't have any notion of "throwing up"...
Sure it's a Fanfiction now, but soon it will be a movie, you can count on that ;) .
Quote from: Nick22,May 13 2009 on  12:16 AM
You would have to have some food in your stomach for that though..
Your probably right about that.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The next movie made will be #14 though.. you're already up to 18.. :p
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Start calling them movies once you actually have any movie scenes to show for it. Up to then, please resort to calling them fanfictions as everything else will just cause confusion, especially among members who have not read all your previous threads.
Calling something a movie that one just hopes to turn into a movie some day is pretty much selling the skin of the bear one has not yet caught.

Dark Pterano

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yeah I have to agree with everyone else on this, why do you call it a movie when it's a story/fanfic! In fact I have a bunch of these ? over my head. Well not really, but you get the idea.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I agree with the others as well. With the way you are referring to your ideas as movies, it sounds like you are being overly hopeful and overly confident that Universal will definitely make them. The chances of Universal to make a movie out of a fanfic are very slim, hardly any chance at all.

As Malte said, it is best you start referring to your stories as fanfiction unless you have proof that the fanfics are actually movies. But without that evidence, all you are going to do is cause confusion if you keep referring to your stories as movies.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Alright I'll call them Fanfictions until them become movies, OK.

P.S. Now then lets get back on topic, please.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One does not always have to have food in their stomach in order to vomit.  Bile or mucus alone can be vomited, but that's usually a result of being unable to stop vomiting, like when somebody's had too much to drink (alcohol).  In the case of your fanfic, unless things really get far-fetched and random, Ducky is not under the influence of drugs, so she realistically should have something to eat within the same day of her scare.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, what you really have to look at when making a character vomit is the cause behind it all.  I mean, the idea alone is okay, but there are times when the why in some stories is so idiotic, that it should have never been thought of in the first place.

The idea of shock alone is unfortunately in the bad category.  Why?  Because it makes no freaking sense.

People have already pointed out the reason behind why it wouldn't work.  At best, it would probably just knock a few years off of Ducky's overall lifespan.

Now, if she's thrown from the tree and given a ride of some kind with plenty of G-Force, then maybe it would be believable.  Maybe.

Make the why behind it work first.  Then we'll talk. :)

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,May 13 2009 on  09:45 AM
Okay, what you really have to look at when making a character vomit is the cause behind it all.  I mean, the idea alone is okay, but there are times when the why in some stories is so idiotic, that it should have never been thought of in the first place.

The idea of shock alone is unfortunately in the bad category.  Why?  Because it makes no freaking sense.

People have already pointed out the reason behind why it wouldn't work.  At best, it would probably just knock a few years off of Ducky's overall lifespan.

Now, if she's thrown from the tree and given a ride of some kind with plenty of G-Force, then maybe it would be believable.  Maybe.

Make the why behind it work first.  Then we'll talk. :)
What are you trying to say?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He's saying that you should come up with a logical reason for Ducky throwing up.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,May 13 2009 on  10:16 PM
He's saying that you should come up with a logical reason for Ducky throwing up.
The reason is what Serris said right here.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
You have to realize that Ducky has probably been in worse situations than that. For example, in the very first movie, she is chased by Sharptooth to the point where she is riding on his nose. Also, in LBT IV, towards the end she is pulled from both ends by Icky (pardon the spelling) and Petrie, but then dropped into a river, flung into the air by Dil, and then lands on a small tree branch which bounces multiple times. If that doesn't make her throw up, then I'm not sure being in a tree as it falls off a cliff will really cause nausea. Now maybe if the tree were spinning then that might cause nausea from being extremely dizzy.

But to be plainly honest, I really don't find making characters so loved by little kids put in extenuating pain like that very appealing. I mean that's what the purpose of a fanfic is, to make your own idea on an existing franchise, but does a character really need to be blinded by some sort of poison or throwing up after a near death experience? I'm probably contradicting myself because in Revenge I there is a near death experience, but the characters come out fine in the end, just extremely tired and worn out.

I realize this is your idea so don't let my opinion keep you from making this fanfic ;) . You can do whatever you want with it, as long as it's logical. I'm just throwing in my two cents on the matter thats all.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That little swimmer, in my opinion, has cheated death so many times it amazes me :blink:.

If the characters come out fine, then it's okay.  To not have even one painful moment, whether it's physical or mental, in a story is unrealistic.  In a fanfic I'm working on, some mishaps and injuries are involved but nothing terminal or irreversible.  Anything is fair game, with the exception of killing (except in DarkHououmon's fanfic 'cuz they all came back to life) and anything involving sex/rape :x.  If, say, there are characters ya made up (like a random Mysterious Beyond inhabitant) that get killed by sharpteeth or die in a natural disaster, then that's okay as long as the LBT protagonists are not killed <_<.  It almost sounds like a hatefic when a protagonist is killed, and some are very sensitive to that kind of thing :(.  Anyhoo, it's your discretion as to what ya put in your fanfic in the end ;).

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,May 14 2009 on  12:00 PM
That little swimmer, in my opinion, has cheated death so many times it amazes me :blink:.

If the characters come out fine, then it's okay.  To not have even one painful moment, whether it's physical or mental, in a story is unrealistic.  In a fanfic I'm working on, some mishaps and injuries are involved but nothing terminal or irreversible.  Anything is fair game, with the exception of killing (except in DarkHououmon's fanfic 'cuz they all came back to life) and anything involving sex/rape :x.  If, say, there are characters ya made up (like a random Mysterious Beyond inhabitant) that get killed by sharpteeth or die in a natural disaster, then that's okay as long as the LBT protagonists are not killed <_<.  It almost sounds like a hatefic when a protagonist is killed, and some are very sensitive to that kind of thing :(.  Anyhoo, it's your discretion as to what ya put in your fanfic in the end ;).
So what your saying is I should still work on creating my fanfiction ideas?