The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper's Responsibility Lesson

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi everyone   :DD  , I want to show you this story that I found from Fanfiction last year. It was created by JustlovesAnime and I believe he/she did a pretty good job on it and I give him/her 100 points for it. What do you think of his/her creation of the LBT story? Honestly  :DD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chomper's Responsibility Lesson

Part 1- The Reckless Action

One morning, he kids were having a race from Ruby and Chomper's cave to the Thundering falls, and Ruby was waiting for them at the finish line:

"I'm going to win this!", Cera called happily as she passed the others.

"Not if I get there first!", Chomper called her as he was closing up on her.

Chomper wasn't a very fast runner, but if he really wanted to, he was sometimes almost as fast as Ruby.

Unfortunately for him, Cera managed to get to Ruby first, so she won, but Chomper couldn't stop himself!

"Chomper! Stop!", they all called him, but soon enough he, Cera and Ruby were inside the water below.

Everyone started laughing, except for Chomper and Cera.

Chomper thought it was really bad, but when he saw everyone was laughing he joined the laughs as well.

Cera said in a cocky voice: "You're just jealous cause I won!".

"Am not!", he replied.

"Will you relax? It's just water!", Ruby told her.

She grunted but went out of the water, remembering to splash water on Chomper, and now everybody laughed.

Later, when the bright circle was at it's peak...

It was lunch time, and the kids asked Grandpa Longneck to help them get tree stars (discluding Chomper, who said he was going to look for his own lunch).

"Is this it?", Grandpa Longneck asked the kids when they got to the tree the kids chose.

"Yeah, Grandpa! Can you get some tree stars down?", Littlefoot asked him.

"Why only a few tree stars when you can get a tree?", he asked with a smile and turned to the tree.

The tree had a very big hole inside it, and there was someone inside it...

"Ha?", Chomper asked himself as he heard the commotion outside, and looked out of the small space he was in to see his 6 good friends, and didn't see Grandpa Longneck who was in the other side of the tree.

"Hey guys! I'm over here!", he called them and they turned around to find their friend inside the tree.

"What are you doing there? Get out quickly!", Littlefoot called him in panic.

"Why? There are some great crawlers here!", he asked, confused.

"It won't do!", Littlefoot said and rushed to Chomper.

"Grandpa! Don't knock down the tree! Chomper is in there!", he called him, but Grandpa Longneck's head was too high above and he couldn't hear him.

"Quick, Chomper! Hold on to me!".

"Just a moment, Littlefoot.", he replied, too busy to get crawlers, but it was one moment too long: one hit on the tree from Grandpa Longneck and it was going down, right on Littlefoot and Chomper.

Chomper, who finally saw the danger jumped on Littlefoot, and the two screamed, as they were sure they are about to get squashed.

Luckily, this time Grandpa Longneck noticed what happened and called "Littlefoot!" while holding off the tree with his tail, giving the two kids enough time to escape.

"Children! Are you alright?", Grandpa Longneck called them.

"Yeah! We're fine!", they called him.

"You should be more careful, Chomper!", Littlefoot said, sounding like a mother caring for her babies.

"Don't worry your friends so much next time.", Grandpa said as well.

"We were lucky you were here Grandpa Longneck! Thanks!", Ruby thanked him.

"Will you be okay now?", he asked the kids.

"Yeah!", they answered.

"Then I'll be going to the thundering falls now. Enjoy!".

"Thanks! Bye!", they called him as he left.

Everyone started eating (except for Chomper of course) the tree stars, and Ducky tried to comfort Chomper: "Do not worry Chomper, accidents happen! They do, they do!".

"Yeah.", he said and cheered up but suddenly wasn't hungry.

By the time the bright circle was almost behind the great wall...

The sky started getting gray instead of blue, but the kids didn't notice it and kept on their plans:

"We're almost there!", Littlefoot called to his friends.

The 7 friends were surprised that they accomplished it: all of them (discluding Petrie and Ducky who were too small to help) were standing one on the top of another, trying to grab a special treat from a tree- sweet bubbles.

"I'm coming!", Chomper called.

Chomper was the smallest of them all, except for Ducky and Petrie, and therefore was chosen to be on the top of the pile, and grab the sweet bubbles.

"I'm almost there!", he called as he climbed on Littlefoot, who was under him.

He tried to pull the sweet bubbles, but they were still a bit too high.

"You can do it!", they all cheered him, but then he quickly noticed something that he liked much more then sweet bubbles- a hive of stinging buzzers.

"Oh boy! Stinging buzzers hive!", he called and tried to grab the hive, which was much closer, but not close enough.

"No!", the others called, but it was too late.

He recklessly jumped on the hive, and his weight made he (and the hive) fall on the gang, and they all fell down in great noise.

"Thanks so much Chomper!", Cera said sarcastically.

"Well, at least we can enjoy the buzzer wax!", he tried to cheer them up.

But soon, all thoughts of the wax were left behind as a deep buzzing noise came out of the hive.

Chomper immediately dropped it, and the buzzers, who just woke up, were very angry about what happened to their hive.

"Ahh!", the kids screamed and quickly ran away.

The buzzers were still chasing them, but the kids managed to jump into a nearby pool.

They stayed a few moments inside the water, and then rose out.

"What was that for?", Cera asked him angrily.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it.", Chomper tried to apologize, but Cera still frowned.

"I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose.", Littlefoot supported him.

"It's just the way it is. A sharptooth will certainly prefer buzzers on sweet bubbles.", Ruby added, but Cera still said: "It still was very irresponsible, Chomper. Can you think about anything but yourself!".

"You're right.", he said in a weak voice, almost starting to cry.

Before Littlefoot had time to shout at Cera, drops of water began falling everywhere.

"What is that?", Chomper asked in a panicked voice.

"It is sky water. It is, it is! Haven't you seen it before?", Ducky explained and asked him.

"No. But are you sure it won't hurt me?", he still asked in a worried voice.

"It's just water, Chomper. Nothing to be afraid of. But we should get back to the nest anyways.", Littlefoot reassured him and suggested.

"Okay, bye!", they all said to each other and they all went home.

"Don't worry Chomper. It's only a matter of time until you learn to be more responsible!", Ruby tried to encourage him, but he didn't listen.

That night...

Despite the noise outside, everyone in the Great Valley were sleeping.

Chomper meanwhile, had a sleep-story:

"Pass it to me Cera!", Chomper called her and laughed as the team was about to win a toss-the-seed game.

"Over to you!", she replied and used her tail to pass the seed to Chomper.

Chomper was now near the goal, with all the others behind him.

Suddenly, an earthshake was felt.

"Earthshake!", they all screamed.

But before anyone could do anything, a crack opened up the ground and everyone besides Chomper fell down into the darkness...

"No!", he screamed and rushed towards them, to finding Ducky still hanging nearby the surface.

"Help me Chomper!", she called him, and reached his claw to her, but accidentally knocking her as well into the darkness below...

Suddenly, the sleep-story changed.

Everyone's faces were floating nearby Chomper, which was surrounded in deep darkness.

"Stop being so irresponsible!", Cera called him.

"Me think you should start caring about us too", Petrie said.

"Yeah, Chomper! You should, you should!", Ducky said, and Spike grunted and nodded.

"You should be more careful.", Littlefoot said softly.

"It's only a matter of time until you learn to be responsible!", Ruby finished.

Then, another earthshake, and this time Chomper fell down, but before he actually fell, with the sound of the earthshake still ringing in his ears, he woke up in screams.

Another sound, much like the earthshake was heard, and Chomper shot up and started looking around for the source of the noise.

He looked out and saw it: a huge amount of sky water, accompanied with flashes and strong noises.

"It was just a sleep-story after all.", he thought, and remembered his sleep-story.

"I know!", he thought: "I'll do something that will prove them I am responsible and they will be able to count on me again! If I can make it on my own in the Mysterious Beyond for a few bright circle passings, that will prove to them I am very responsible!".

He went out, trying to not be heard by Ruby, but there was really no need to since the storm masked the noise he made very well.

By the time he was in the Mysterious Beyond, the storm stopped and the bright circle started rising up.

Morning in the Great Valley...

Ruby woke up, stretched up and walked to where Chomper was always sleeping.

The two often enjoyed to take morning walks in the Great Valley, and she assumed he wanted to go alone this time.

She suddenly felt thirsty, so she went to the thundering falls, where she expected to find Chomper, as it was one of his favorite places in the Great Valley.

"So he's not here either...", she thought, but wasn't too worried.

She and Chomper have spent enough time in the Great Valley to not get lost easily.

On her way back to the cave she saw Ducky and Spike going to the thundering falls as well.

"Hello my friends, my friends hello!", she called them and they noticed her.

"Oh hey Ruby!", Ducky said and Spike licked her "good morning".

"Have you seen Chomper anywhere?", she asked them.

"Nope.", Ducky said and Spike shook his head.

"Me no see him either.", Petrie said and suddenly appeared in front of Ruby's face.

"Hey! Don't scare me like that!", she said, though with a smile.

"Okay, okay, Me sorry.", he also said with a smile.

"Maybe he's back to the cave by now.", she said and the 4 went back to the cave.

When they got to the cave, they were surprised to also see Littlefoot and Cera there.

"Hello my friends, my friends hello!", Ruby greeted them as she, Ducky, Spike and Petrie got there are well.

"What are you doing here?", she asked.

"I thought of a new game and I wanted you to see it!", Cera said.

"So, where is Chomper?", Ruby asked them since she thought he was with them.

"We didn't see him today.", they answered.

"I'm really starting to get worried.", Ruby said in an anxious voice.

"Do you think it's because of yesterday?", she asked, but before anyone could answer Littlefoot noticed something:

"Hey. What is this?", Littlefoot asked as he looked on the ground and saw footmarks.

"Those look like sharptooth footmarks! They are, they are!", Ducky said, fearing there is a sharptooth in the valley.

"Very small footmarks.", Ruby added.

"You don't think it's...".

"Chomper!", they all said together.

"Me say we follow it and we find Chomper!", Petrie suggested.

"You don't say!", Cera added sarcastically, but they all ignored and started following the footmarks.

Not long after...

"The footmarks lead to the Mysterious Beyond!", Littlefoot said as the 6 kids reached the passage to the Mysterious Beyond.

"So, what do we do now? We can't go after him to the Mysterious Beyond!", Cera said and frowned.

"We have to! I think it's out fault he's gone.", Ruby said in a sad voice.

"How can it possibly be our fault?", she asked in anger.

"He thinks we think he is irresponsible.", Ruby answered.

"That's what you said Cera! You did, you did!", Ducky reminded her.

"Hmff!", she frowned, but said nothing.

"Well, even if you aren't going, I am. I promised I'll keep watching over Chomper, and to keep watching over Chomper is a promise!", Ruby immediately said.

"I'm coming too!", Littlefoot said.

"Me want to found Chomper too!", Petrie agreed.

"Oh yes, yes, yes!", Ducky said and Spike nodded, leaving only Cera.

"Fine. I guess we must go.", she said as if she gave up, but they all knew she really cared about Chomper.

Meanwhile in the Mysterious Beyond, when the bright circle was at it's peak...

"I'll prove that I'm responsible... I'll prove that I'm responsible...", Chomper said to himself.

He repeated this sentence every time he felt he couldn't keep going, though now it was a bit too much:

He kept saying that sentence for a long time in a hot desert, not giving up.

He didn't know why he did that, but he knew he'll prove that he is responsible by doing it.

"I'll prove that I'm responsible... I'll prove that I'm res...".

He couldn't say it anymore and collapsed.

Not much time later...

Figures surrounded Chomper's still body.

"So, what do we do with it?", one of them, which had a male voice asked.

"I say we take it!", another one, this time with a female voice answered him.

"But what if it's sleeping?", he asked again.

"I say he's sleeping very deep. He won't wake up just like that!".

"Alright!", the male said and put Chomper on his back.

Part 2- The Adventure Truly Begins!

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the Mysterious Beyond...

The gang was now standing in a desert, not far away from the Great Valley.

"So, do you have any idea where we are?", Littlefoot asked Ruby, whom they all knew had a lot of experience in the Mysterious Beyond.

"Not at all. This is a part of the Mysterious Beyond I've never been to. Sorry.", she said and apologized.

"Just great. So what are we going to do now?", Cera asked angrily.

"The footmarks brought us here, but they stopped. They did, they did.", Ducky said and Petrie suddenly had an idea: "How about me fly high up and see if me can see Chomper?".

"Great idea!", they all complimented and up he went.

After a few moments of searching the ground below, all he could see except for the gang is a blurry figure not far away, but it was too big and had a too different shape to be Chomper. In fact, it almost looked like ruby, only bigger, and maybe fatter.

The air had a lot of blown sand in it which made everything look blurry from a distance.

"Me no see Chomper anywhere, but there is something coming this way!", he told.

"Is it a sharptooth?", Littlefoot asked him.

"Me no know, but me not think so.", he said and they let out a relieved sigh.

"Woohoo, I was sure they went this way!", a stranger's voice said, and the speaker soon came out of the sandy air- it was yellow belly.

Before anyone could have a good look at it, the yellow belly screamed "Strangers!" and stuck his head in the sand, and a few moments later it pulled it out saying "Hot, hot, hot!", and started feeling his beak to make sure it's not burned.

"A yellow belly!", Cera shouted, and Ruby, the only one who wasn't shocked from seeing a yellow belly (since she never saw one) said "A what belly?", confused. "It's a long story, I'll explain later.", Littlefoot said briefly.

Cera couldn't see it very well, but judging from the male voice she said "Loofah!".

"Hey! You know Loofah? He's a very good friend of mine!", the yellow belly answered and approached closer, giving them a better view of him .

"Anyways, Roofah is the name, and very pleased to meet you I am!".

He turned his attention from just Cera to all of them and said "The 5 great leaders!".

"Huh?", they all asked in confusion.

"Loofah, Doofah and Foobie talk about you all the time!".

"And who is that cute lady?", he said when he finally looked at Ruby, who giggled a bit when she heard what he said.

"My name is Ruby, Ruby is my name!", she introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you, Umm...", he forgot the name.

"Ruby!", she reminded him with a slight smile.

"Oh yeah! That's right".

"But, why aren't you in berry valley with the rest of the herd?", Littlefoot asked him.

"Well, not long after you, the 5 great leaders, took us to berry valley, we got too bored staying in there, and decided to return to migrating. Oh, and the berries tasted horrible, unlike the ones we found on the way. So, here we are!", he explained.

"Returning to our own business,", Cera stopped the conversation, "have you seen a small sharptooth on your way here?".

"Sharptooth!", he shouted and stuck his head in the ground again, just to remember, the hard way, that it was too hot for this trick.

After the little "show", she said "Ahm!", to remind him of her question.

"Uhhh, no. I didn't see anyone since I lost the herd. But surly you, the great leaders, can help me find my herd again!", he said, looking at them hopefully.

Ducky knew what Cera was about to say, so she talked first: "Of course we'll help you! We will, we will!", she promised him and the others nodded, including Cera, though she looked like she clearly didn't like that idea.

"Do you have any idea where they are?", Littlefoot asked.

"That way!", he pointed to the same direction he came from.

"Uhhh...", the others said with a confused expression.

"Or maybe it was that way!", he pointed to another side.

"Great idea, Littlefoot", Cera smirked.

"Me know! How about we use sniffers?", Petrie suggested.

"Okay!", they all said and started smelling around, and it was Spike who made the discovery.

He grunted, and started going a path just near the way Roofah took.

The others immediately followed him.

And where the yellow belly herd was resting...

The herd of yellow bellies stopped at an oasis.

Some of them ate, some drank, and some talked.

Among them were Loofah and Doofah:

"Wow, that little one sure reminds me those kids!", Doofah said, looking at Chomper, who was still lying unconscious on Loofah's back.

"Especially Littleleg for some reason!", he agreed, though he forgot the name.

"It was Littleneck, silly!", she "corrected" him.

"Oh yeah. Hmm... How about we splash it a bit? Maybe it will wake up!", he suggested.

"Okay!", she replied, took a bit of water from the oasis and splashed, mostly on Loofah though.

Chomper began coughing a bit and started opening his eyes.

"Hello? Is anyone there?", Doofah asked him and got so close that her beak and his nose were touching each other.

In an instant, Chomper realized he's in a different place than where he was before, and was frightened to see the stranger dinosaurs.

"Who are you? Where am I? What am I doing here?", he asked in panic.

"I'm Loofah!", Loofah said

"And I'm Doofah!", and I'm Doofah.

"And we are yellow bellies!", they said together.

"Yellow bellies?", he asked in confusion.

"Yeah! See we have yellow bellies. The only problem is I can't find it anywhere.", Doofah replied him, and searched around her body to find her belly.

"So, who are you?", Loofah asked.

"I'm Chomper! The friendly sharptooth!", he said proudly and surly when he realized they don't want to harm him, but got a different response then he expected to: "Sharptooth!", everyone in the herd shouted and buried their heads in the sand, which was cooler because of the oasis.

"Ha? What are you doing?", Chomper asked, not realizing they were "afraid" of him.

"We're hiding from you, of course.", Loofah said as he raised his head and then buried it again.

"But you don't need to be afraid, guys! I'm nice!", he said, but only Doofah, who was the closest to him heard that.

"Oh! You're nice! Why didn't you say that before?", she said and shouted to the others: "Hey guys! He's nice!".

As a respond, all the heads were raised back up and all Yellow Bellies gathered around Chomper, Loofah and Doofah.

"So, what are you doing all alone in the mysterious beyond?", Loofah asked.

"I want to prove to my friends that I can be responsible by taking care of myself alone in the Mysterious Beyond!", Chomper answered, and everybody whispered to each other, laughed and nodded.

"Well, from seeing you, you won't survive one bright circle time!", Loofah said and laughed, not to insult him though.

"Well, maybe he can learn to survive in the Mysterious beyond if he stays with us!", Doofah suggested.

"Great idea!", Chomper and Loofah answered, and the other yellow bellies laughed and nodded.

"We should get the Wise one to decide if Chomper can stay!", Loofah reminded and called "Foobie!".

Foobie showed up almost an instant later and looked carefully on Chomper, especially into his eyes with a serious expression on his face, which made Chomper pretty worried, and then he smiled and he made a short squeak, which after it everyone cheered, except for Chomper, who didn't realize what it was all about.

"Why didn't he say anything?", Chomper asked, confused.

"Didn't you hear him? It was very clear.", Loofah said, also confused.

"He said you can stay, but he'll keep a close eye on you.", Doofah explained to Chomper.

"Really? Thanks!", he said while looking on Foobie.

Foobie winked to him, and then made another squeak, higher and longer than the previous one.

"You better hurry and drink. We're going soon.", Doofah told Chomper.

"Going where?".

"Wherever we feel it's right!", Loofah answered him happily.

Chomper quickly went to drink from the oasis, and thought about his friends: "when I come back, you'll see that I am very responsible!", he promised to himself, and then walked along with the yellow belly herd.

Not long after, not too far away...

"So thirsty...", Roofah and the kids muttered.

Only Spike, oddly, didn't seem to notice he was thirsty as well, and occasionally grunted to speed them up.

"Is it far now?", Roofah asked for the seventh time.

"Will you stop that?", Cera asked him, even more angry than usual, maybe because of her thirst or because she was the one to answer him every time he asked. The others were too tired to even answer him.

But unlike before, when Spike shook his head, he nodded this time.

They all raised their heads hopefully, and Littlefoot asked: "Are the yellow bellies nearby?", and Spike nodded again as an answer.

He grunted them again to hurry up, but there was no really need to- they all started speeding up in the trail they were taking- straight ahead.

Instead of reaching the expected herd of yellow bellies, they reached the same oasis the yellow bellies have been in not long ago.

But none of them cared about the yellow bellies, or even Chomper for a moment, as they all immediately jumped into the water in a big splash, drinking, eating from the nearby trees and bushes and finally having a chance to rest for a bit.

Unfortunately, though, since they were so tired, they didn't notice they all fell asleep, giving the herd and Chomper more time to get further from them...

Part 3- Two troubles In One Morning

It was much later, and the bright circle was now lower in the sky, when Littlefoot was the first to wake up.

He immediately remembered what they were doing there and rushed to wake up everybody else, as he realized they all fell asleep.

"Wake up everybody! Wake up!", he nudged each and every one of them with his head.

"What happened?", each of them asked when they woke up, all except for Roofah.

"Roofah! Hey Roofah!", Littlefoot called loudly in his ear.

"Danger!", he shouted as a reply and shoved his head in the sand, which wasn't hot because of the oasis.

"It's us, Roofah.", he reminded him.

"Oh, right!", he said as he pulled his head out of the sand.

"We fell asleep! We did, we did!", Ducky explained to him.

"They are probably very far by now.", Cera said, discouraged, and Spike agreed in a grunt.

"You led us here just because of the food!", Cera turned to Spike and blamed him.

"No, wait! Me think we did go the right way! Look!", Petrie told them as he noticed many Yellow Belly footmarks, too many to be done by Roofah alone.

"Sorry, Spike.", Cera apologized quietly and Spike licked her as a response.

She pushed him and said: "Don't get too excited".

"Where do they lead?", Littlefoot asked Petrie.

"That way!", he said and pointed on the direction the footmarks led to.

"Really? I was sure they went that way!", Roofah said and pointed to the same direction they came from.

Everyone sighed and Cera said with a grumpy face and voice: "I can see how you got lost...", pushing him towards the right direction.

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the Mysterious Beyond...

"Who are your friends?", Doofah remembered to ask Chomper, intrigued.

"Their names are Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, and Ruby", he told her and everyone gasped.

"The 5 great leaders?", someone asked him with a big smile.

"Ha?", Chomper asked, not understanding what they were all talking about.

"I told you his name was Littleleg!", Loofah told Doofah.

"I guess you were right there!", she said and everybody burst into laugh.

"Why did you call them "the 5 great leaders"? Oh, and I mentioned 6 of my friends, not 5.", he asked them.

Foobie gave a short squeak and everyone (except for Chomper of course) understood.

"We know everyone except this Ruby.", Loofah explained with a smile while they returned to walking in an unknown destination.

"Oh, you'll see! She is also really great!", he promised them and suddenly remembered something really worrying- there is no way his loyal friends wouldn't come and search for him.

He suddenly ran forward to Foobie, with Doofah saying "I think he's really excited about the journey!".

"Foobie, hey Foobie!", Chomper talked to him when he reached him, and Foobie looked at him while they kept walking.

"We have to turn back right now!".

Foobie made a confused squeak, and for the first time he understood Foobie as he answered "My friends are surly looking for me now! We have to go back!", he urged him, but Doofah and Loofah were the ones to answer him: "Oh, Chomper, Chomper, Chomper... We can't go back! We have to reach the great Yellow Belly meeting!", Loofah explained.

"We sure do, and we're almost late!", Doofah continued.

"Can't you go back from here?", Loofah asked.

If this was the Great Valley, which Chomper knew very well by now, he would immediately say "yes", but since this is the Mysterious Beyond, he was too afraid to go back by himself, and since he didn't want them to think he is a coward, he said "Yeah, but my friends are also very brave! I'm sure they will find me soon enough!", he said, hoping they will.

"Of course they are! The 5 great leaders can surly find you!", Loofah encouraged him, but Chomper was still very worried.

The herd and Chomper continued walking until the bright circle was down, and eventually Foobie made a long squeak, which Chomper understood as well.

He settled nearby Foobie, Doofah and Loofah, and everyone soon fell asleep.

Somewhere else in the Mysterious Beyond...

The gang and Roofah also walked some distance and didn't encounter any troubles on the way so far.

"Don't worry, we will find your herd tomorrow. We will, we will.", Ducky promised him and they all said "Good night!" to each other, quickly falling asleep, nearby a huge stone wall in the edge of the dessert.

The time of the bright circle's rising...

The bright circle was now rising, and Roofah and the kids were still sleeping.

Because they were asleep, they couldn't notice the stones (since they were now near the edge of the dessert, so there were also plenty of rocks there) started shaking, until the very ground shook Ducky awake.

"Spike, would you stop sleep rumbling already? I am very very tired. I am, I am", she asked him, thinking the source of the noise was him.

Spike woke up and looked at Ducky.

The noise stopped for a moment, and Ducky said "Thanks.", and settled to sleep again, when the noises started again.

"Spike, please.", she turned to him again and was surprised to see him still looking at her.

"It wasn't you?", she said and he shook his head and saying "Uh-uh".

The ground began shaking more violently and everyone except for Roofah woke up in fear, thinking it's an earthshake.

"Would you wake up already?", Cera told him angrily and bumped him with her horn.

"Hello everyone!", he said loudly, not noticing Cera just bumped him awake.

After he said that the ground shaking stopped for a moment, and everyone was relieved to find out it wasn't an earthshake.

Now they were twice as worried as they heard a not-so-distant roar.

"Sharptooth!", they all screamed, recognizing the roar as a sharptooth's, wondering what to do.

Roofah buried his head in the sand again, but everyone was too panicked to notice.

They panicked even more when Ruby realized it wasn't just any sharptooth as she screamed "It's Red Claw! Red Claw it is!", and a moment later Littlefoot called: "We can hide in there!", as he saw a narrow crack in the wall.

The kids got inside the crack and looked out.

The crack was too narrow for Red Claw, but wide enough for his Fast-Biter minions, Screech and Thud.

"Where is Roofah?", Ruby asked in panic as she noticed Roofah didn't go with him.

"Shh! He's in there!", Cera told her, looking in his direction.

"They will eat him!", Ruby said in panic.

"Do not worry! He safe there!", Petrie ensured her.

"Up with your tush and you look like bush!", Littlefoot quoted Loofah and smiled.

"Oh, I see!", she said, noticing he did look like a bush.

They didn't dare talking anymore since now they could see the sharptooth and 2 fast biters right ahead of them.

Translation:

"They're here somewhere! Those kids won't get away from me again!", Red Claw told the fast biters.

"Go look for them, now!", he ordered and the two started looking and sniffing around the area, failing, fortunately, to find the crack where the gang was hiding.

"Nothing here except that weird-looking bush.", Thud reported.

"Nothing here either.", Screech added as he finished scanning another part.

"Though that bush sure smells a lot like the flattooth kids!", he mentioned and sniffed it again.

"Those flatteeth sure have weird taste in food!", Thud said and the two fast biters laughed.

"Stop it you morons! We'll keep going this way! I can't wait to make dinner out of those annoying kids!", he ordered them and the three predators kept walking.

Only after the 3 were out of sight the gang went outside to get Roofah and keep going.

"It's alright Roofah! You can come out now!", Littlefoot told him, but was answered by sleep rumbles.

"He's sleeping?", Cera said angrily and was about to bump into him, when Petrie flew down and said into his ear saying: "Me think me see berries over there!".

"Berries!", Roofah shot up and started running, and the others laughed and followed, not noticing the path they took wasn't very different from Red Claw's...

Meanwhile, where the herd of yellow bellies were sleeping...

Chomper yawned and rubbed his eyes as he got up, finding that all the yellow bellies woke up already.

"Ha?", he said as he noticed everyone was very quiet, and apparently, standing around something, or someone.

Usually, the herd was very loud, and the silence made him nervous.

He made his way towards the center of the yellow belly circle and found Foobie lying on the ground. He didn't look so good.

"Foobie! What's wrong?", he asked him, worried.

He made a soft, quiet squeak and Doofah explained: "Don't worry Chomper, it's just a yellow belly balloonia!".

"Ha?", he said, confused, though he did notice Foobie's belly was much bigger than yesterday.

"It means he'll be just fine soon enough, though we'll never make it to the great meeting.", Loofah said and everyone made a depressed sigh.

"Oh, that's all?", Chomper said, relieved, but Doofah continued: "That and if a sharptooth comes, we'll all be food.".

Chomper gasped, and the others, to his surprise, giggled.

"Do you know any safe place around here you can stay until Foobie is better?", he asked.

"Sure we do!", Doofah told him and Chomper smiled.

"The great meeting place!", she said happily, though Chomper looked depressed again.

Foobie then made another quiet squeak and pointed at Chomper, and everyone except him and Chomper gasped.

"What? What did he say?", Chomper asked, although deep inside he knew what Foobie said.

"Foobie wants you to be our leader!", Doofah explained.

"M... M... Me?", he said with a weak, worrying voice.

"No, I really don't think I can lead a herd...", he said while slowly walking backwards.

"Well, the wise one said so, and I agree!", Loofah reassured him, and all the other yellow bellies nodded in agreement.

"How far is the meeting place?", he asked.

"We have no idea!", the herd replied together and they all laughed.

"This is gonna be a long journey...", he said to himself and called "Alright, we're going!".

It seemed Chomper got a lot more then he bargained for! Will he be able to handle being in charge of a herd of yellow bellies? Will the gang finally catch up with them, or maybe it will be Red Claw to catch up with any of them first?

Part 4- Our New Leader, Chomper!

The herd of yellow bellies started moving forward, when Chomper noticed sick Foobie was left behind.

"Why isn't anyone taking Foobie?", he turned around and asked angrily.

"Cause you didn't tell us to!", Loofah explained.

"Well, then you two.", he said to two yellow bellies who were the closest to Foobie.

"Can you take Foobie please?", he asked politely.

"Ahh... We're too tired...", one of them said and the other nodded and sat down.

"Hey!", Doofah called angrily and walked to them.

"Chomper said you need to get him, so you take him!", she shouted at them, which frightened everyone around.

"Doofah, if they don't want to take him that's okay.", Chomper tried to calm her down.

"Fine, I'll take him.", he said and went to grab Foobie, even though he knew that was hopeless.

He gasped as Foobie did go off the ground when he grabbed him, not because of him, but because of the two yellow bellies who said: "Our leader can't carry someone, he needs to lead us!", they put Foobie on another Yellow Belly's back who didn't complain.

"Okay, we're moving!", Chomper called again, and everyone followed obediently.

After some time of walking, Chomper looked back and saw that some of the yellow bellies heading off-course.

"No, no, no!", he called, amazingly like Ducky.

"We have to go in a straight line!", he called and went to correct the off-coursed yellow bellies.

"We must stay in a straight line!", he repeated and went back to lead the herd.

"He really is like Littlefoot, don't you think?", Loofah asked Doofah.

"He sure is!", she agreed and the two laughed.

The herd continued moving without problems, and when the edge of the desert came into view, Chomper called "We're almost past the desert!", and everyone cheered.

Then, a new trouble came, when Chomper heard a voice, that talked in sharptooth:

"I think I see good lunch coming there.".

Following this sentence (which only Chomper could understand of course), the ground started shaking, and Chomper shouted: "Hide everyone! It's a sharptooth!".

"Sharptooth!", everyone screamed and stuck their heads in the sand, just in time (Foobie did have the energy to do that as well).

Chomper was relieved to see that the sharptooth wasn't Red Claw.

The sharptooth noticed Chomper, but thought the yellow bellies were bushes.

Seeing that Chomper was a sharptooth as well, he asked him: "Have you seen anything to eat here, young sharptooth?".

"No, nothing at all!", he lied convincingly (also in sharptooth of course).

"Really? I thought I've seen a herd of flatteeth around here, but I guess my eyes are getting old. Thanks.", he replied and went on his way.

After there was a very safe distance between them, Chomper called: "It's okay, he's gone!".

After everyone pulled their heads out, Chomper said: "Let's keep moving!", and they all headed to the mountain in front.

While they were walking, Chomper noticed the same yellow belly was still carrying sick Foobie, so he asked another yellow belly to replace him.

The yellow bellies, who by now got used to the idea that Chomper was their leader for now, didn't object much anymore.

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the mysterious beyond...

Roofah was usually the one to slow them down, but this time, thanks to Petrie's little trick, he kept them in his dust, literally.

Cera coughed and ordered him to "Stop that already!".

Roofah stopped and said in a sad expression- "I don't see any berries here.".

"Don't worry, Roofah. I'm sure there is something to eat around here!", Ruby tried to cheer him up.

By now, everyone was hungry, thirsty and tired, but they didn't complain much.

They worried too much about Chomper who was now more than a day alone (or so they thought).

Spike sniffed the air around them, and immediately grunted happily and started running.

It was so surprising that Ducky almost fell off of him.

"Hey Spike! Please slow down! I do not like it! Oh no, no, no!", she called and Spike slowed down, but was still running.

"If Spike is running like that, then that means there is surly...", Littlefoot started and all of the kids finished: "Green food!".

The others ran following spike, and this time it wasn't too hard to keep up.

In the horizon, they could see the desert coming to an end, and a mountain rising above.

Seeing that they all cheered, and sped up even more.

Not too far from them...

"I can smell those annoying kids again!", Red Claw sniffed and said with an evil smile.

"Come, maybe I missed lunch, but I won't miss dinner!", he ordered Screech and Thud.

The fast biters laughed evilly and followed.

Back to the yellow belly heard...

"I'm hungry!" calls were now so frequently heard that Chomper got used to it.

He didn't say anything, although he was very hungry as well.

At one point, when they were very close to the mountain, Chomper turned around and said angrily: "I'll find you some food if you stop complaining!".

"But we're hungry now!", they all said together.

Chomper decided to keep walking and turn to a softer tone, so he said: "Listen, I'm sure we'll find some food soon. Don't give up!".

But because he was walking and looking at the yellow bellies behind at the same time, he didn't notice that the way to the mountain wasn't completely flat:

Chomper suddenly fell with a scream and a big splash was heard.

Chomper rose out of the water below and called to the surprised Yellow Bellies: "Hey everyone! I think I found some water!", but he regretted he did that before getting out of the water, since all the yellow bellies called "Water!" together and jumped down, almost squishing Chomper.

Despite the fact he was almost smashed, he climbed out of the water and laughed when he saw them having fun in the water.

While they were still drinking and splashing, Chomper decided to look around, but didn't need to do that since he found what he was looking for right behind him- plenty of green food, and even a hive of stinging buzzers!

Chomper grabbed the hive and called to the others "There's Green food here, guys!".

Following his call, everyone ran towards the food, except for Foobie, who asked to lie near the pool.

Chomper took a few branches and brought them to Foobie, who squeaked "thanks", and started munching.

Chomper then went to the side, where he could watch over all the yellow bellies and started eating the buzzers.

"Being a leader sure is a hard work, but it's also fun!", he said to himself.

After he finished (a lot before the others did, as he always complained to his friends in the Great Valley), he looked for his two best friends in the herd- Loofah and Doofah.

"Hey Loofah, Doofah!", he called when he found them.

"Oh hey, Chomper.", they said and kept eating.

"Do you think we went the right way? Are we even close to the meeting place?", Chomper asked.

"Well of course! We're almost there!", Loofah answered.

Chomper was puzzled, so he asked: "But I just took a random direction to follow! I wasn't even sure this was the right way. And I still can't be sure about that! I don't even know how I found the water!".

Hearing what he said, the two yellow bellies started laughing again, and Doofah said: "You really are so much like Littlefoot!".

"See, you're thinking like a Longneck!", Loofah explained.

"What?", Chomper asked, even more confused. He was a sharptooth after all!

"You don't need to always think about anything! You just... Feel it!", Loofah explained again.

"So, if I think I'm going the right way, it also means I'm really going the right way?", he asked and looked at him.

"Exactly like that!", they both answered and laughed again.

Seeing that all of the yellow bellies finished eating, he looked at the great circle, which was on the way down now.

"So, when are we supposed to be at the meeting?", Chomper asked.

"When the great circle comes down!", Doofah answered.

"Alright everyone! We're moving again!", Chomper called and all the yellow bellies rose, and this time Loofah decided to carry sick Foobie.

This time, the way to the mountain was really flat and the herd of yellow bellies, along with their sharptooth temporary leader started going up the mountain.

Back to the rest of the gang and Roofah...

The thought about green food made the 7 dinosaurs speed up, and Petrie, who had the advantage of flying, was first. But since he was also the highest among them, he saw the "trap" they were about to fall into.

He stopped just before the edge and called "Stop!", but it was too late: the other 6 tried to stop but they all fell into the water, knocking Petrie down with them as well.

Ducky floated up completely relaxed, saying: "I never thought I would miss water so much. Nope, nope, nope...".

The other 6 rose up of the water coughing, yet happy and laughing.

They splashed at each other and drank, and even Petrie, who didn't like the water so much joined the fun.

Only Spike went for his favorite thing right away- "Green food!", the others called as they noticed Spike who went straight to it.

Not long after...

They all finished drinking and eating, and were about to rest, when a familiar roar was heard.

"Red Claw!", Ruby called again in terror, and everyone started screaming and running around in panic...

Part 5- The Adventure's End

Littlefoot, who as usual, kept relatively calm remembered the mountain and called: "Everyone! Let's climb on that mountain!".

By the time Red Claw and his fast biters were actually at the canyon, the 7 friends started climbing up the mountain.

They were gasping heavily as they ran up the mountain, and as the fast biters closed on them they all let out another scream, this time heard up to the top of the mountain.

"You know, those voices sound familiar, they remind me...", Loofah thought, but Chomper recognized the voices all too well.

"Littlefoot, guys!", he called, but they were too far and too busy running to hear.

"There's a sharptooth under there and my friends need help!", he called, but the others just screamed "Sharptooth!" and tried to stuck their heads in the ground, only to get a painful beak-ache.

Chomper gave up and tried to save his friends by himself. He saw some rocks and tried to push them down on the fast biters.

Now Red Claw was also climbing the mountain, but Cera had an idea- she turned around and bumped surprised Thud, who fell on Screech, and they both rolled on Red Claw legs, with Cera laughing madly.

"What are you doing, you morons?", Red Claw asked angrily and kicked them back up. Furious, the two fast claws were aiming on Cera, who let out a scream and ran past everyone.

Chomper kept trying pushing the rocks, even though he knew it's hopeless.

"Help me!", he called, and they responded- one by one they started jumping up and down on their bellies.

"What are you doing?", he asked in panic.

"Helping!", Loofah answered briefly.

As some of the looser rocks started falling down, Chomper got the idea, and had no idea why, but he joined them (on his feet though).

The impact of the bellies, landing all at the same time, sounded like footsteps, giant footsteps.

Everyone under froze in fear, including the 3 bad guys.

Chomper had another idea- he roared as loud as he could, but that wasn't all- since they were on a mountain, and not down, a massive echo was created!

Translating to size, the sharptooth that was supposed to make this roar should have been twice as big as Red Claw!

But what frightened Red Claw the most was what Chomper said: "I know you're there, Red Claw! And if you don't get out of there I'll eat you!".

Red Claw let out a terrified roar and ran down in panic, with the fast biters following him.

Littlefoot was amazed to hear under the loud and scary voice a shy, familiar voice- "Chomper?", he shouted up to him and the others repeated him (Just because they were shocked though.).

Once Red Claw and his minions were too far to hear or see anything, Chomper came to the edge of the top and waved to his friends, saying "Hey guys! I'm over here!".

Not long later...

The 7 dinosaurs made it up on the mountain, where they were greeted by the others.

"Hey Roofah!", Loofah called. "I really haven't seen you in a while!".

"Yeah! I guess I took a wrong turn somewhere. Oh well!", he said and the two burst into laugh.

"Chomper!", his 6 friends called. "Guys!", he called back, and they all had a group hug. "You had us worried sick, Chomper!", Ruby called and hugged him again.

"Sorry I ran like that... I just wanted to prove to you that I can be responsible!", he explained.

"Well, running away and making us follow you isn't very responsible.", Cera smirked.

"The 5 great leaders!" call was heard and all the yellow bellies ran to greet them.

"Huh?", the gang said (without Chomper of course).

"You're still beautiful!", Doofah called and tried to hug them, but only caught Petrie: "Me... Can't... Breath!", he choked and Doofah let go.

"Did you call us the "5 great leaders"? Did you, did you?", Ducky asked, surprised.

"Sure, since you lead us to yucky valley! Oh yeah, we changed the name since the berries were so gross. Anyways, because of that we decided to title you "the 5 great leaders"!", Loofah explained.

"Not anymore!", Roofah called.

"Thanks to this young lady,", he pointed to Ruby, "There are now 6 great leaders!".

Everyone laughed in agreement and Ruby introduced herself.

After all the introducing was done, Littlefoot remembered to ask Chomper: "Why did you run away like that?".

"Well, after I put you so many times in danger in the Great Valley, I decided I need to learn to be more responsible...".

"But how come you were with the yellow bellies?".

"Well...", he started telling them the story, and after he finished Cera had one detail that caught her attention completely:

"So it was you who made this huge roar?", she asked, stunned.

"Well, yeah.", he mumbled and blushed.

"Wow!", everyone said in amazement.

They reminded Chomper something: "Hey, am I also a great leader now?", he asked Loofah and Doofah.

The yellow bellies discussed this quietly, and then Loofah came to him: "No!", he said, and Chomper looked disappointed.

"You're... The greater leader!", he called and everyone around laughed and cheered, including Foobie, whom Chomper just noticed (Maybe except for Cera, who frowned a bit, for him being better.).

"Hey, are you well already, Foobie?", Chomper asked him.

Foobie squeaked shortly and rolled on the ground, laughing madly.

The rest of the yellow bellies also joined the laugh and Doofah explained to the confused kids, while laughing at the same time: "Foobie was never sick! We just made it up!".

"But why?", Chomper asked, still not understanding.

"Well, you said you wanted to prove your responsibility, so we figured out that if you'll be our leader, you'll learn to be responsible very fast!".

"So Chomper lead you all the way here?", Petrie asked, still finding it hard to believe- all 5 of them had hard time helping the yellow bellies, and Chomper made it by himself!

"He sure did! And he also saved us on the way!", Roofah answered.

"So, even the meeting was fake?", Chomper asked.

"Nope! The meeting is about to start, and Chomper, you have to take part in it! Of course the 6 great leaders can join us as well!", Loofah said.

"What do I do in it?", Chomper asked, intrigued.

"That's a surprise!", Doofah said and Foobie laughed louder than everyone else.

While Foobie took Chomper somewhere else, the kids followed the rest of the yellow bellies to a big plateau, filled with water and plants. But there was no time to feast, since herds of yellow bellies from everywhere came into view! Soon, there were about 20 herds of yellow bellies!

The yellow bellies from the different herds talked to each other as if they knew them since hatching, but there was no time to chat either, since the main event of the meeting began, quietly, but surly:

"Dum di dum di doo wah...

Dum di dum di doo wah...".

And in harmony, each herd singing a line and joining the bounce, with the leaders of each herd gathering in the middle (where Chomper found himself as well when Foobie brought him along).

"The yellow belly bounce!", Cera called happily.

"This time it's the great yellow belly bounce!", Doofah corrected her.

Ruby didn't need to ask what is it, as she was told on the way everything the gang knew about the yellow bellies and their adventure with them.

Soon, the plateau itself seemed like it was dancing to the beat!

Everyone sang and danced, with the leaders of each herd, including Chomper of course, danced right in the middle and got most of the attention.

Chomper then signaled his friends to come, which they did.

"Just like the time before!", Littlefoot said and danced with Cera (everyone had their own moves, so Littlefoot and Cera made up their own.).

"Aha! But this time there are 2 new friends with us!", she said and looked at Chomper and Ruby, who were also dancing together.

Spike and Foobie, like last time, also danced together (Since neither of them could talk, it seemed they were very bonded.).

Ducky and Petrie also danced together, the two laughing hard as well.

They all danced and danced, and like last time, they just didn't get tired, until it was very late, and after a big feast, all of the herds fell asleep, each leader returning to his own herd.

The following morning...

Everyone woke up and the herds greeted each other goodbye.

Chomper decided to stay near his friends this time and avoid the yellow-belly-"formalities".

"Bye!", everyone called to the leaving herds.

"I hope you enjoyed, guys!", Doofah came to them.

"Oh yeah! That was great!", they replied.

"So where you go now?", Petrie asked.

"Wherever we want to!", Loofah said and everyone laughed.

Foobie came and squeaked a question, and by now Chomper rarely needed a translation, and this was no exception, as he answered: "Yeah, I want to return to my friends at the Great Valley, but I know I'll meet you again someday!".

The others seemed even to confuse to ask what just happened. In fact, you can say that Chomper now knows 3 languages: Flattooth, Sharptooth and Foobie.

"Thanks again, great leaders!", Roofah came and said.

The yellow belly herd and the kids said their goodbyes, the yellow bellies headed in a direction only they, and maybe Chomper, knew.

"See ya! Still beautiful!", Doofah called and everybody laughed once more.

"So, where are we going now, oh greater leader?", Cera asked with a smirk.

"Wherever we feel like!", Chomper replied happily and the gang laughed, including Cera, though a moment later she said "I'm serious.".

Chomper and Spike, who had the best sniffers simply sniffed out the way back for the others, and before the Great Circle was down, they all made it home- to the Great Valley (The yellow bellies are slower than the kids, usually.), where they were greeted by their worried-out-of-their-minds-parents.

I won't tell the exact conversation here, but I guarantee it was very noisy, especially on Topsy's side of it.

In the end, thanks to Chomper's experience with the yellow bellies, Chomper definitely learned to be more responsible over his actions, though from some to time he still got hasty.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pretty cool. I never saw the 13th movie, so I didn't know quite how the yellow bellies were supposed to act. Chomper being the leader of a leaf eater herd was a pretty interesting idea. Kind of funny actually. I think this would of made a great tv episode, it seems a little bit too short to be a movie.

I'm not sure about you posting someone else work, though. Is this story on this forum alreadyt?

At least you gave credit to whoever made it, and not claiming it to be your own or anything like that, so I guess it isn't that bad.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I want to give credit to 100 points on this story to Justlovesanime he's/she's the creator of the story but I don't know his/her real name. but I am giving 100 points on his/her LBT story. It's very suitable for family and children.
It would be very excepting to Universal Animation Studios to animate if JustLovesAnime or what ever his/her real name is, just sends it to them.  :DD

I believe it would make a great animated episode for the Land Before Time TV series.

What do you think, honestly?