The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Labyrinth

Saft · 10 · 1435

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
During the later 80's film studios began to delve into the realms of live action fantasy.  You would get films like Ladyhawke, Legend and even the Dark Crystal.  One of the films which was the last of Jim henson made was Labyrinth.  

If you haven't seen this film...you haven't lived.  

It may not be the best film...in comparison to some recent films but it was still good fun especially the songs; Magic Dance, As the World falls down, Within You and Underground.  All sang by David Bowie who also played the Goblin King.

I think a lot of girls wished to be Sarah....I mean I myself even tried to wish away random items just to get the Goblin King to appear ...but he didn't.

Anyway has anyone else seen this?:)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I've seen it. Liked everything about it except for Sarah. I'm sorry, but she's a dumbass. Deciding to go down when the helping hands offered to take her back up! The hell, girl?!

Hoggle and the other characters were cool, though.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've seen Labyrinth & the other films mentioned also, Ladyhawke, Dark Crystal, not sure if I saw Legend or not.  I think I did.  It's been a while since I've seen it.  I've also seen The Princess Bride.  Though I don't recall much of that movie either.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Legend had Tim Curry as the Devil in full on red, make-up with horns and hooves.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
I love the movie! It is so amusing! :D I could watch it over and over again ^^

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
Lol, actually my sister has nearly just done that.:D

If you were Sarah would you have said 'yes' to his offer?:p

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey! Check this out. Today is the 25th Anniversary of the Labyrinth.  :DD
Looking Back on the Labyrinth

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Funny, because almost always when you ask a person if they've seen Lbyrinth, they'll either say no, or they'll say "Oh, you mean that movie with David Bowie's crotch? Yeah, weird film."

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What I mean is, ?eah some people will say that but what's your point?  
Either you've seen the film or you haven't....and to be honest with you, I couldn't really care either way.