The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone see Thor?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Frankly, I think its among the best that any comic book movie has to offer. Fun dialogue and characters, a good plot, a great villain, and lots of actions, drama, and comedy. What was your take?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
In this response, I jumped to conclusions. Sorry.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I haven't seen it yet Wr. no need to go postal..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, someone here had to. It's making tons of money worldwide, despite being about a fairly second tier character. Anyone else starting this thread would have gotten some kind of response by now. I get it, it's because it was me, the local troublemaker, who asked, wasn't it?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, its not because you are a troublemaker wr, but simply rather because not many here may have seen it yet, despite it opening last month.. I had seen the promos, but hadn't gotten around to seeing it yet. are there plans for a sequel?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, they've already secured the profits necessary to confirm a sequel and Thor will be in The Avengers. It's been huge.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not yet...I am poor and lack money.  May have to wait for it to be released on DVD since cinemas are expensive and then i get it for christmas or something...
 But I do want to see it.

Just one point: You posted the thread on July 7th (today)...give people time to post at least a day or two instead of insulting them.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That doesn't surprise me... they seem to come out with sequels really quickly these days even to films, like Hoodwinked a nnd Spy KIds that don't deserve it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You're right, sorry. I was starting to think I'd had one too many blowouts and that you were just avoiding replying so as to avoid an argument with me.

To be fair about the sequel, Nick, Thor had made more than twice its budget ($300 million being double it's budget) before they announced it.

EDIT: There's a Spy Kids 4 coming.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats preffered, rather than announcing a sequel right after the first film comes out.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, if you ever get the chance, I would recommend it. It's also not a particularly long movie, clocking in at just two hours, so you wouldn't be devoting half of your day like you could with LotR.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
so by blockbuster standards its relatively short. I might go see it, but I have a list of films I'm planing to see this summer.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Really? I thought blockbuster movies had been getting shorter lately. I've been to a good few films that were right at the two hour mark lately, excluding Pirates 4, which was naturally fairly long.