The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

AnimÈ

Saft · 8 · 1398

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well since I have already asked a similar question in regards to Manga, I thought perhaps it might have been a good idea to start a 'sister' topic on AnimÈ.

Whilst not everyone will enjoy AnimÈ or Manga for whatever reasons, I have found that by discussing certain series with people that there are always the possibility to be introduced with new series.  If any of that makes sense.:p

Sometimes though I do not like the AnimÈ from the Manga series such as Death Note but sometimes the series is much better panned out than the Manga.

Back in the 90's there were such AnimÈ shows like PokÈmon (which is still around but personally there are too many PokÈmon to keep track of), Beyblade and Digimon (although I didn't get into Digimon that much).  

My sister who is a massive fan of AnimÈ and Manga introduced me to further AnimÈ shows and the subsequent Manga as well.  

So far on her insistance I've watched Soul Eater (Yay!:D), High School of the Dead (I think it is called that?), Loveless (but it wasn't really something that I go the concept of), Hellsing and finally Blue Exorcist; which is pretty awesome so far.  She has showed me others but I haven't watched that many episodes of them since I didn't like them.:p

What about you?

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Anime. The life blood of entertainment. (Notice the World of Warcraft reference there.) My favorite movie of all time just so happens to be an anime. If you like anime or family movies or both, I cannot recommend a movie any more than I can Summer Wars. It was just breathtaking. Do not read the plot if you actually plan on watching this. You will absolutely ruin it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars.

I have thoroughly watched more anime than I can remember:

InuYasha
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
PokÈmon
Digimon
Dot Hack
Kashimashi
One Stormy Night
Magic Knight Rayearth
Tokyo Mew Mew
Fruits Basket
Bleach
Kekkaishi
Sailor Moon
Megaman Battle Network
Code Geass
Shaman King
Monster Rancher
Naruto
Kiki’s Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Ponyo
And Squid Girl are just a tiny fraction of the anime I have delved into.

Life without anime + Me = AHHHHH!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My favorite animes, in no particular order:

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Yu Yu Hakusho
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Bobobo-bo Bo-Bobo
Inuyasha (Albeit I haven't watched this one as much as the others on my list)

But, I think I'll save my absolute favorite anime for last-Detective Conan/Case Closed. I remember when I first saw the show, on Adult Swim one night back in 2004, it was an episode entitled "Festival Fiasco" (At least that was the dub title). I became hooked instantly, and honestly, the show single-handily restored my interest in anime. I had pretty much stopped watching Japanese cartoons at that point in my life, but Conan Edogawa revitalized my view point     :DD .

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I has watched more since June:
Ghost Hunter, Deadman Wonderlandm Durarara, Zombie Loan, Vampire Knight, Beyblade G-Force and Ouran High School Host Club.
Plus also Ao No Exorcist...WATCH IT!!!:D

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Japanese Anime has been around since 1917 And the first speaking Japanese Anime was  Chikara to Onna no Yo no Naka. Anime has been around for 94 years.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I also enjoy a lot of anime. My all-time favorites? Hmm.

Fullmetal Alchemist (both series), Trigun, Fushigi Yuugi, Moribito, Record of Lodoss War (OVA and Anime), all the Slayers series, Mai-Hime, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Serial Experiments Lain, Read or Die TV, Madlax, Elfen Lied (thought I will admit people overrate it), Fate/stay night, D.N.Angel, Hellsing (Anime and Ultimate), and Bleach.

The only Harem anime that I like is Oh My Goddess, and that's the only, ONLY one because the closest it gets to an actual Harem are her relatives, none of whom are interested in the guy.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not too big on anime but there are a few I like:

Initial D
Ghost In The Shell
Spice And Wolf
Digimon(Japanese dub)
Pokemon(Japanese dub)
Akira