The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Petrie Sings - No One Has To Be Alone

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey all!

Petrie asked me to post up this music mix he made.  He took my No One Has To Be Alone Mp3, Pitched it up a bit, and sang to it Solo.  The part that impresed me most was the "pitched it up a bit" part. :lol  Check this out:

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/action9000/adam.html

Nicely done, Adam. B)  I couldn't sing this song this high, if I tried!  Good work on the mixing, too.

[EDIT]
I have compiled another mix of this song: A Dolby Digital 5.1 mix, in AC3 (the DVD-Audio) format.  For any audio enthusiasts, you may want to check this one out. B)
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...27F8AC904D5131E
You will need some sort of Dolby Digital decoder to play back this file properly.  The decoder can be internal (on your sound card) or external (on a home theatre receiver, for example).
[/EDIT]

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This was also my first real attempt at audio mixing...Tim made the music, and I put it up a couple of keys (D to G) and mixed the final thing together. :)  Yay for me....

I actually had no trouble singing that high believe it or not...I have more trouble with much lower stuff.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually had no trouble singing that high believe it or not...I have more trouble with much lower stuff.
Do you want to trade voices for awhile? :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I just saw the ac3 file....I'm bashful you spent all that extra time for that file. :p  The software wasn't being too cooperative.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm bashful you spent all that extra time for that file.
Don't worry; you weren't my only incentive. :P: I wanted to see whether I actually could upmix a stereo track to a 5.1 track with some success.  Apparently it is possible.  You just gave me the original motivation to try this. B)

A real pain, but Possible! :p  I ended up recording each track INDIVIDUALLY, saving the wav files, mixing the wavs together in Goldwave, into the 5 channels (AKA 5 MORE .wav files!) , then mixing the 5 newly-built .wav files together in the AC3 encoder.  It was a Really ugly way of doing it, but it sort of worked! :lol

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I downloaded the one from the angelfire site...but I don't think Petrie is cut out for the singing career.  :P: Then again he probably did better then I'd ever be able to...hope that made sense.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
^ Made sense.  Males typically don't sing that high in the first place.  :lol:  I was goofing around....we aren't actually doing a karaoke project in the key of G.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
we aren't actually doing a karaoke project in the key of G.
Good thing!  I found the high notes in If We Hold On Together brutal.  This song would have knocked me out cold! :P:  :lol

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 31 2006 on  09:21 PM
Males typically don't sing that high in the first place.  :lol:  I was goofing around....we aren't actually doing a karaoke project in the key of G.
Ah, I see. Well, that much is true. I'd be surprised if any male could speak th...oh, wait. Never mind. I know of a male with a really, really high voice...when he laughs at least. It's actually quite funny because his laughs are contagious and whenever I hear them I laugh along.