The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33546

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Since we're on the topic of 2D animation versus 3D animation, I'd actually like to point you guys to a short film released by Disney not too long ago, called "Paperman". It's a perfect blend of 2D and 3D animation and I think it looks beautiful.

If LBT is going to need a theatrical reboot to reel in new fans and keep the franchise alive, I think animating it like "Paperman" will ideally be the best way to go. It's the best of both worlds, so to speak.
Just realized I didn't actually post a video of "Paperman" as an example. So, here you all go.

https://youtu.be/Z4dIgUgYCxQ

Imagine THAT in color and being applied to the LBT universe.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I read on a LBT wiki that Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson was to be a voice over for a character in LBT XV. While I surmise this a fanmade wiki page, the idea of the Rock being a character in TLBT would be awesome!

What species do you think he would be? Clubtail/Ankylosaurus which has a rock shaped tail weapon would be a funny homage to his Wrestler name (The Rock). Any other suggestions for a species Dwayne could be?   :thinking
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:18:51 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I read on a LBT wiki that Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson was to be a voice over for a character in LBT XV. While I surmise this a fanmade wiki page, the idea of the Rock being a character in TLBT would be awesome!

What species do you think he would be? Clubtail/Ankylosaurus which has a rock shaped tail weapon would be a funny homage to his Wrestler name (The Rock). Any other suggestions for a species Dwayne could be?   :thinking

Hmm... a or the LBT wiki? Lol, do you have a link for the article? :P
The Rock, I’m pretty sure would be pretty cool in any universe or context to be totally honest. ::)

And yeah, it’s most definitely a fanmade wiki page unless there’s official confirmation from The Rock himself or some other reliable source.
:PCera

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

The Rock in LBT? Now I've heard everything.

Anyway, Clubtail would sound appropriate, but I'm wondering if there's an even tougher dinosaur out there that the Rock could be perfect for...

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

The Rock, I’m pretty sure would be pretty cool in any universe or context to be totally honest. ::)

And yeah, it’s most definitely a fanmade wiki page unless there’s official confirmation from The Rock himself or some other reliable source.

Its definitely a fandom wiki:

https://theideas.fandom.com/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_XV:_Journey_to_Sharptooth_Mountain

IMBD has a page for LBTXV:

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls076667930/

But it too looks to be fan created by darthj4321 | Public

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Its definitely a fandom wiki:

https://theideas.fandom.com/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_XV:_Journey_to_Sharptooth_Mountain

IMBD has a page for LBTXV:

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls076667930/

But it too looks to be fan created by darthj4321 | Public

Wait a minute...Dwane Johnson is starring as the character Noah in that hypothetical 15th movie, which is an apatosaurus, or Longneck. Eh, the species definitely doesn’t fit for him in my opinion. In regards of species that can be more fierce than a club tail...maybe Sharpteeth? I know the names of the most common carnivorous species, but I don’t know if they’d be a good fit. Unless you’re also trying to find another exclusive leaf eater species stronger than a club tail, then I have no ideas on that either.

Also, the IMBD page is for another version of LBT 15 entirely, so it doesn’t really relate to the LBT wiki article you presented here.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm really laughing at the content of that second link.

I mean..."Scarface"?! (I would love to hear Steve Blum's voice coming from an LBT villain, though. I liked his voice for Green Goblin in "The Spectacular Spider-Man".)

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I wouldn't advise jumping to conclusions until we hear actual proof of this being true, but I suppose daydreaming doesn't hurt anyone. I'd imagine the Rock to voice a rather ominous and ghastly sharptooth based on his overall appearance, but he could easily be mistaken as a clubtail or threehorn as well. There are many theories flying around about this possible character, and we won't know until official announcement has been made. And if this page is from the fandom, I wouldn't rely on it actually being truthful. When something seems too good to be true, it usually is. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Speculating makes a Speculatasaurus. Still if Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson were to voice a Clubtail, Threehorn, or Sharptooth, it would be rock’in! :D

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Speculating makes a Speculatasaurus. Still if Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson were to voice a Clubtail, Threehorn, or Sharptooth, it would be rock’in! :D

Alright, I couldn't help but crack a little. Did you mean to make that pun? :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Alright, I couldn't help but crack a little. Did you mean to make that pun? :p  :lol

I confess! Pun was totally, and unequivocally intended! :D 

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Alright, I couldn't help but crack a little. Did you mean to make that pun? :p  :lol

Is it also a correct assumption that you unironically add the -saurus suffix to any word that you desire? You're one crazysaurus if I do say so myself. :lol

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Is it also a correct assumption that you unironically add the -saurus suffix to any word that you desire? You're one crazysaurus if I do say so myself. :lol

Affirmativasaurus! :D I also add the world esque a lot, as in that is very Bluthesque. ;)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Oh, Goooood... Those puns... I wanna jump off the Great Wall now.

Honestly, the Rock voicing a Sharptooth would be super-disarming and awkward. My impression of him is that he's a giant with a heart of gold. Him being a tough leaf-eating dinosaur would suit his image better.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Honestly, the Rock voicing a Sharptooth would be super-disarming and awkward. My impression of him is that he's a giant with a heart of gold. Him being a tough leaf-eating dinosaur would suit his image better.

But the Wall is too tall, it keeps out Sharpteeth. Except that one time.. :p

I agree. Dwayne is tough but tender guy. His smile melts the most frozen hearts:

I think he would make a great bombad Ankylosaur. We need a more likable and cool Clubtail. Plus, I wanna see a dino with a rock tail played by “The Rpck.” ;)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

I agree. Dwayne is tough but tender guy. His smile melts the most frozen hearts:

I think he would make a great bombad Ankylosaur. We need a more likable and cool Clubtail. Plus, I wanna see a dino with a rock tail played by “The Rpck.” ;)
Yeah, we need moe Clubtail representation!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

Yeah, we need moe Clubtail representation!

*Chanta* Club Tail! Club Tail! Club Tail! :p

Enchanted-Valley96

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I think the writers have run out of ideas as well as Universal wanting to do other things.

They would have to find another child actor for Littlefoot but I don't think we'll see another film either for a few years yet or never again unfortunately. :(petrie

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think we will get LBTXV, but it depends greatly on us fans. Universal needs to know our devotio, and have a pitch for non-fans, mainly kids who love dinosaurs. I wish there was a means to write Universal Execs and respectfully arguing the merits.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I think we will get LBTXV, but it depends greatly on us fans. Universal needs to know our devotio, and have a pitch for non-fans, mainly kids who love dinosaurs. I wish there was a means to write Universal Execs and respectfully arguing the merits.

Yep, yep, yep--I would jump at that opportunity! :Mo