The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Surge and cut

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
In the last few days things been going crazy for me... one was thursday a power surge followed by a power cut which in turn damaged my Pen Drive till it now fried and my Xbox 360 unable to play games on it for long because of it slicing my discs up with it laser and on top of that having a infection in my big toe...

So I am having fun at the moment with bad tiny things happening lol. Well thats sods law for ya. and that came in 3s as well. three bad things happening in a chain. Oh well... I'll get over it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Ya know, that's like the billionth time I've heard of someone's xbox and their flash drive being ruined when they plugged in a flash drive.  I'm beginning to think the xbox 360 has a defect.........

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm beginning to think the xbox 360 has a defect.........
Thats probably from the rushed launch, well at least it was. I don't know Microsoft's excuse now. My brothers been lucky, his hasn't shown the "red ring of death" yet, and hes had it almost since it launched. There have been people that are on their fifth Xbox 360 now because they screw up that much.

Sorry to here that Threehorn. At least only your 360 broke so you can still game on your Wii or DS. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've heard an online friend who's 360 failed, and one of the podcasts I listen to had someone who's on his 3rd or 4th one I think he said.  I think none of the folks on pobdasts I mention owning a 360 have their original one if they'd owned it for more then maybe 6 months.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had heard that the XBOX 360 had flaws in it. I didn't know what the flaws were.

In fact, the only gaming console that I didn't hear any flaws about is the Wii. The PS3 has been overheating a lot. The XBOX has these flaws. Does anybody know anything about the Wii?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
All I know is that microsoft has been taking a lot of losses these past few years.  Their newest gaming system has all these flaws and is just crap and their newest operating system (windows vista) is making people and businesses alike head for the hills. -_-

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
My 360 was all fine and normal till after the power surge and power cut on Thursday. A nearby power plant that brings power to Harlow was hit by Lightning on that day and in the evening we had a power cut so both caused the problem to my 360. It started playing up a day later.

So it not faulty it just sods law with the lightning storm on Thursday. The pendrive was in my computer when it was on when the surge happened, luckly my PC wasn't damaged and only my USB was. But luckly 98% of the data was already backed up so no real lose and my 360 hardrive is fine as well it just the console that got affected by these events on thursday.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jan 21 2008 on  03:13 PM
All I know is that microsoft has been taking a lot of losses these past few years.  Their newest gaming system has all these flaws and is just crap and their newest operating system (windows vista) is making people and businesses alike head for the hills. -_-
I knew this. Except for XBOX 360 stuff. Vista is slow on any computer not designed for high processing power. This is the extent of my knowledge about Vista. I hate microsoft for stealing Dashboard from Apple.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems microsoft is very prone to sending stuff out before it's finished and the kinks worked out.  Some others are too.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Does anybody know anything about the Wii?
The only flaw i know is the people letting go of there Wii remote and breaking a TV :lol . Nintendo has always been pretty reliable with there products. I've heard stories of people's NESes still working after 20 years. There is even an original gameboy that survived through a war and still works! Its on display in the Nintendo World Store in New York City.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I heard that happening to many folks with their wii remotes.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I've heard a few stories about Wiis apparently crashing and holding game discs (discs stuck inside) but this is normally due to power surges or electrical problems rather than an issue with the console itself.

The incidents reported with the Wii remotes no one can blame the company for those occurances. The Remotes were created with a strap for a reason yet people still ignore the warnings and fling them like missiles into their TV  :lol Check out youtube for details  :P:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol i've seen my fair share of videos thank you :lol . People serving in Wii tennis as hard as they can and let go :lol  :lol .