The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Anyone on the forum you consider family?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to agree about Mumbling.  She is a very well-liked member, and I can see why.  She's good-natured, sweet and(to my knowledge anyway) has never gotten in a fight or argument with another GOF member.  She is a wonderful GOF member :yes  ;).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*feels like using a blushing emoticon*

Come oonn.. there are more nice people likeme on the forum!  :P:

anyway.. You guys are all my family.. All of you are so great to talk to  :^.^:  :wub:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
I haven't been on GOF for a long time at all.. but it seems like everyone around here is like family.. Everyone has been so kind and welcomed me to the forum..It's just such a sweet place..
They way I see it, the forum is a giant, loving family! :DD

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: buffypii,Jul 11 2008 on  07:56 PM
They way I see it, the forum is a giant, loving family! :DD
I totally agree with you :).

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay!
So here it is!
On nice communities like this!
I consider you all as my family!!
The girls are my sisters and the guys are my brothers!
We are one big happy family!

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
In some forums, there are the called Forum families. Its actually a great thing to have, and besides the almost literal meaning, its useful for when someone wants to speak or something like it. (It's actually a great idea... I'll think about it...)

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
A forum like this is always great. One can make new friends and talk about everything without feeling ashamed. That¥s the only one forum in the web I know so far, where one can do that.

About this forum I already met two guys (Malte and Gustav) in real life, who I wouldn¥t ever know without this forum.

So big thanks to the creaters of this Forum! :)  :D

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Mar 27 2008 on  12:02 AM
Aren't we all family in one way or another? I mean, we all like The Land Before Time. That is what draws us together.
Yes!
We are all friends here!
And as I've heard, and also agree to, is that friends are the family we choose for ourselves!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Reading through most of the messages posted here I'm kind of wondering if all of you who say that the entire GOF is a family for you think there is indeed no difference between friends and family (or a friend so close that you would name him or her family even though it is no blood relationship). Would you disagree with the "Family" song's claim that family is "more than being friends"? Much as everyone likes everyone around here I somewhat doubt that indeed anyone here feels just as related to every single other GOF member without having a closer relationship with some than with some others. I wonder to what degree the claims about feeling all GOF members as family are based on polite refusal to "rank" any other GOF members above others rather than on total honesty ;)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
You've got a very good point there, Malte...  Something that requires careful thought, I think...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Sep 19 2008 on  02:40 PM
Reading through most of the messages posted here I'm kind of wondering if all of you who say that the entire GOF is a family for you think there is indeed no difference between friends and family (or a friend so close that you would name him or her family even though it is no blood relationship). Would you disagree with the "Family" song's claim that family is "more than being friends"? Much as everyone likes everyone around here I somewhat doubt that indeed anyone here feels just as related to every single other GOF member without having a closer relationship with some than with some others. I wonder to what degree the claims about feeling all GOF members as family are based on polite refusal to "rank" any other GOF members above others rather than on total honesty ;)
I think the concept of "Friends and family" is based on opinion and perception. Personally, I think my remaining friends(yes I am including net friends too), were more like family then my actual blood line family. Like my intermediate family (my parents) is great towards me, I can't say the same for the rest of my family simply because I only see them on the holidays.

It probably is unfair to say that, "We're all family here" when some, if not most of us don't even know some of the other individuals here. Especially if there is a member that hasn't been here for a very long time and hasn't actually spoken to the some of the people here.

However, some of the members here just may be telling the truth and that's what they really think and believe, or they don't but they are just saying it because of the moment and the amount of people that said, "I feel like everyone is my family here".

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have to agree with malte though. I wouldn't consider everyone here to be my family. Just a few, to be honest. That's why I never posted a list or anything, no offense to anyone.. :) Don't get me wrong but I don't think I can get along absolutely awesome with everyone. Though when one would say the GoF is one big family, it might be so to that person :) For me it just isn't completely.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mumbling,Sep 19 2008 on  11:01 PM
I have to agree with malte though. I wouldn't consider everyone here to be my family. Just a few, to be honest. That's why I never posted a list or anything, no offense to anyone.. :) Don't get me wrong but I don't think I can get along absolutely awesome with everyone. Though when one would say the GoF is one big family, it might be so to that person :) For me it just isn't completely.
I couldn't agree more, Iris...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
duh! she is iris! you don't have to agree more! it goes without words! so easy is it!

'makes statue in honor of mumbling' ;)

hehe!

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Jun 19 2008 on  05:09 AM
Guess you didn't know kjeldo...but I'm a DUDE dude! :lol Just to clear up that little uncertainty for ya there :DD But cheers fella, I'd consider you a good friend too ;)
oh gee thanks! :lol:

i'll also have to say:

you know guys, most of this people i consider family but there are some specials like malte279, i consider him as a sensei, a man who you can learn much things from, and then there is kor, one of the wises around here, some people consider him as a granddad,(with a long white beard to mine opinion,)  i also do, and lets follow with both nimrod and lillefot, they are just good friends which i can walk sober though the streets with!(don't take the last seriously!) B)  and then there is (212st time or something) mumbling! my big sister where i can find shelter if i screw things up! not that i made use of that, but whatever!

B)  :wave  :yes  :)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
hey! you will still be her real brother! B)  and you can be proud of your sister! :yes

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Find shelter huh kjeld? Yea sure, me be a biiiig house :p But I'm not always right or something, seriously, I'm human too.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It looks like you have becomed quite famous in here Mumbling. :yes
You remind me someone from my class :rolleyes: