The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart by Mumbling

Mumbling · 528 · 63529

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah, wow..  I'd have to agree.  Amazing picture, Iris... :^.^: It looks even better with the shading now... :^.^:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Awesomeness!
I like the way you did Chomper's eyes leaving nothing totally white but the light reflection and using a slightly different shade of green for Ducky's closed eyelids than for the surrounding face :yes
One point of hopefully constructive criticism which I failed to mention before are a few minor details. Chomper's feet seem a little disproportionate (a little to small I think) and there is kind of a groove between Ducky's back and tail where it might look better if it was a straighter line or another of her "spine bumps". Just suggestions though. I love the picture :yes

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
the eyes of chomper are a little big but he is good to my opinion, :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Malte, I didnt notice his feet were too small. Of course I havent seen chomper much either (as lbt 2 and 5 are not my favs and I dont have any tv series around).. But if it is I'll need to work on that.
I had noticed Duckies back though. Tried on making it different but couldnt really get that bend out :p

Kjeldo, big eyes? Me looove big eyes, they're cute! :D

Indeed it looks better with the shading, Aaron :). Though even that is a point I will have to work on.

Thank you Kor. :)

Thing is I'd love to have some effect of the sunshine on their bodies. Like a bit of a glow, but I really have no idea how to do that. Will try to figure out later today.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You've been doing pretty good so far.  If you use screenshots for reference, which I assume you do, you can also ask some of the other artists here for tips if you have problems with certain things.  That may help.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sometimes I do indeed. This time I Did too from a very small screenshot, edited some thing though.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Eh.. any.. Sometimes I need screenshot just to see the bodylengths and such sometimes for a pose. Most of the time I randomly pick one when I've decided what I want to draw. This time it was the other way around (I had a screenshot and wanted to draw it) but that's okay.

This small screenshot I Was talking about was taken from the tv episodes with bad quality and small screen and such :p

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 It is indeed very good, both of them look cute... well, maybe the pic is not perfefct, but you are sure imrpoving, and that's awesome. Keep it up!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
hehe Well what more can me say than what we said over MSN?  :D

I love the sunset in the background; it brings such a peaceful atmosphere to the scene..:)

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
I love that kind of pictures (fanart, in this case). It's one of my favorite types of images. Really well drawn.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Very lovely Iris. With colours it¥s even better :-)

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Fantastic.
The colours are great.
This may sound weird but what I liked most was the smile, the way Chomper is smiling at Ducky, a sweet, soft smile :^.^:
And like action9000 said, the sunset brings a peaceful atmosphere to the scene. :yes
One of my favourites this one, good work Iris :^.^:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you Vaan, I like it very much as well.. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is my DA ID

My element.. Fire
With ducky showing that I can be afraid too.
Houndour showing my bravery.
Lion showing my dark side.

Fake houndour, shaded lion, how lazy can one be :p O well  :D

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Muahaha!  I like the lava effect thingy you pulled off in the background. :yes   Haha very cool! :D

Nike shoes, anyone? :p