The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: Employed Again! =)

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Great news! I'm employed!

Now I'm employed by the company known around here as Cinram. A DVD packaging company for Fox Entertainment. Tomorrow I'm required to go take a drug test. Friday is Orientation. and next Wednesday is my starting date. I'll be working the night shift. Its not the computer job I was hoping for. Its in the factory area operating some kind of machine. I'll be making $8.50 an hour. But I'll be working twelve day shifts, five days a week! That'l be more money than what I was making at Jones Stephens (warehouse for plumbing supplies, etc)!!

But being employed again kind of relieves a great deal of stress off my shoulders. One of the other only isues I have would be gas. This place is a good thirty minute drive from where I live (one way) so gas is going to be a kind of struggle, at least until I start receiving paychecks.

Writing Update:

Its strange, really. Yesterday I was experimenting typing with different kinds of paper. I find that I'm able to write better with 4 x 6 index cards! The decrease of the size has forced me to think with shorter sentences and shorter paragraphs (a writer's tip is that shorter is always better!) and it also feels more like a book! =) I no longer feel ill when I look at a page loaded down with huge chunks of text. when it comes to revision.

An Index card allows me 31 lines (32 including the page number) and I'm able to stick it in one of those tiny hand held photo albums that lets me flip the pages like a real book (I'll show a sample of this soon) revision also feels much more easier. And the paper is dirt cheap! ( $.89 if yo wanted to know)

Also I've been learning some new tricks with manual typing. I've self taught myself how to center the words on the paper (takes some bit of math but looks professional!).

As far as the story goes, I'm still stuck rewriting the prologue. But I can honestly say that I've been making some good progress in the recent days. I really aught to scan up one or two of the pages to let everyone see this progress. But alas, I'm lazy and a bit tired... Just purchased one of those 5 Hour energy capsules and intend to use it perhaps tomorrow. If its as good as some people say it is, I may have a load of stuff done and ready for everyone's viewing pleasure =)

More to come soon!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Sounds awesome, even if its not what you exactly wanted.  Its a step in the right direction. :)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This is great! I'm happy for you Aves! I hope everyting starts to pick up for you now! :yes

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That is indeed good news, I hope your new job will be enjoyable for you. As you said, it is not the best work you were hoping for, but you are doing great and you do have a job that may look interesting. Keep it up!

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's good to hear that things are going better for you, Aves!  And yeah, I want to see that book of yours!  Can't wait!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wishing you all the luck in orientation and your goals!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any job is better thasn none, and I'll echo the sentiment here. I'm glad you were able to find employment.. The job market right now stinks..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congratulations, hopefully you'll enjoy this job.  It has long hours but it's better then not working and that should, hopefully, let you put some money aside as well.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Congratulations Aves!  :yes
A while ago you stepped down from a step which you didn't like anyway. Now this sounds like two steps up to a step which you may well like better :yes
I keep my fingers crossed for that step to be one on the way to the floor which you hope to reach.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats!
That is really good news, and you are earning more,(Take that old lady :p  :lol ).
I really want to see that book too.