The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Characters

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
For me, I hope all the characters from the series make some sort of comeback. How about you?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd like to see Ali make an return visit. From what Threehorn has told us, Chomper will be back for a third time...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Cool... But Like you Nick I really want to see Ali coming back, maybe in more than one episode, as so could chomper, as for the rest... maybe just Mo, he was the only one of the "new ones" =p that I really liked. I just hope the series don't became one of those directed too small children that are completely boring...
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So do I, it better be good. unlike that stupid "Krypto" show they showed on Cartoon network. It was obviously geared toward younger children it was aggravitingly simplistic.(Yes I admit I did watch it :cry2 )
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Platvoet en zijn Vriendjes

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/landbeforetime
There are many characters i would like to see back on screen. But if Chomper is making a comeback, then how did he got of that island?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
From what I know off they will bring back old faces from all the movies... that what I guessing from the email I got about Chomper coming back. so we might have some of the odd ones come back in like those rainbow faces. but I got a feeling Ali will appear again and so will many or maybe all from the movies.

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We'll simply have to wait and see...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Got word that there are a number of newbies on the set of the LBT series. A character named "Ovre" is one who will be voiced by none other than Miss Aria Curzon! :D But Aria is now no longer playing the role of Ducky! Not sure who's taking her place but apparently I think they have someone already. So far, as far as I know, they're waiting for a Chomper and a Littlefoot and most of the other talents are still in the runnings. Looking forward to it!  ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Hold it Littlefoot.
You got all that information from the mail Aria's mother sent on September 30th?
I think it is high time to put up the whole mail here to help preventing any false rumors to spread. This is the mail as I received it:
Hi Malte, (Hi to Wayne and Arvens too!)
Thanks for writing back! Thanks for the encouragement you guys
Yesterday Aria auditioned for a character named "Ovie" not Ducky, they are looking for Ovie, and a new LittleFoot (big surprise) and Chomper. We saw the director at a studio today coincidentally, and she asked if Aria was excited about the series, ... I am guessing and hoping that they are intending to use the same cast for the regulars! As for story lines, who knows what they will come up with for 26 episodes!  I will try to look up the addresses again to write to though. I suppose people could also suggest story lines for the series.
Best,
Melody
She says that Aria is being recorded for a character named "Ovie" but I would not interpret the mail to explicitly mean that Aria isn't going to be asked for Ducky as well. Apparently she hasn't yet been asked, but they may well look for new voices first and put those most likely to be covered as usual at the end of the queue. At least I don't understand the mail to say that we'll have to live with a different Ducky voice. Anndie McAffee (Cera) hasn't yet been asked to speak Cera either, but I don't see why they would want to change all the main characters' voices. I'm going to ask how the mail is to be understood.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Easy up Malte!

The mail I got is slightly different to your one. I probably didnt word my sentences as effectively has I should have and you've most likely misunderstood what I meant. When I said that the original cast are in the runnings for their allotted roles, I didnt mean specifically that they had already got them. It is the director's intention to get the original cast back is what I meant (apologises for lack of clarity). It was probably a bit skeptical of me to say that Aria may not be Ducky for the upcoming series, but it does give way to the idea that someone could possibly take the role. I could imagine Anndi McAfee, Jeff Bennett and Rob Paulsen would take up their parts but I'm not imply that they have them yet.

Sorry if that caused confusion...my bad on that one! :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope that "hold it" is not to strong a phrase? You seem to have the false impression that I was angry or something. I understood "hold it" in this context just to mean something like "don't jump to rash conclusions" but it seems to have taken you aback a bit. I sure didn't mean that.
Claims that Aria may be replaced were further strengthened by two Wikipedia articles a member of the N54 forum came across. Anybody can post at Wikipedia so false information that cannot be disproved right away by the organizers may remain there for a while; so I am quite sceptical. Anyway the entries of  Ducky) and
Dakota Fanning both claim that Dakota Fanning is going to take over the role of Ducky. I asked Aria and her Mum about it, but they apparently didn't know about this. Neither did they claim the information to be definitely wrong however. The response to my mail reads:
Hard to tell. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone. So is it truth? I am not sure, but they love to go with "the famous" if they can but every time they have done so they lose sales. So if they do who knows. Contact numbers for the involved producers are below.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No worries Malte! No offence taken! (When do I ever! LOL  ;) )

As for the email, I got the same thing this morning when I logged onto the uni network. Dakota Fanning seems to be making a big hit on the film front at the moment. She's been in a number of films including Lilo in Lilo and Stitch 2 and she's currently in a big one at the moment I think. From what was written by Wikipedia, it sounds a bit ropey and speculative. I had also heard that the articles were subject to flasehood due to anyone being able to add anything. Nothing seems to support the idea that she could be taking the role of Ducky but I suppose it's a rumour that could effectively come into play.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well she is the right age(she's 12, right?) but I don't think so...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
At the moment, it looks like a false rumour. Here's a mail I got from Melody (and I'm sure a few others did as well:

So far, the LBT line producer, Dan, and Charlie the main producer, and our agent (who is also Dakota's agent)
says it is not true.
Time will tell!

I guess she's right there that only time will tell but it still doesnt remove the idea that Dakota COULD go for the part. I think she's very talented for her age given what's she's been in but it'll be a bit of a shame if Aria doesnt go for it...I reckon she's been the best Ducky (from the sequels)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So there's little basis for the rumor then...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for the original question which characters are to return:
From what Aria (Ducky) told us they are looking for a voice for Chomper, so I think we can take it for granted that he will be there. I like the idea of another story with Chomper, but I hope that they care to give a good explanation on how he got of the island. I really dislike the idea of any plots that contradict earlier stories.
For that same reason I wouldn't like to see Bron again. There were so many points about his story that didn't fit into the world of LBT at all that I would prefer they had never ever come up with him.
I consider a return of Ali not unlikely and I hope that she does return. They can easily make up another good story with her.
The same goes for Pterano he and his either earning his recognition or else proving himself to be a real villain could make for a good story. I hope they think the same way.
Mo is a character whom I don't believe to see again, though I would certainly not object his return. Both Mo or Pterano could possibly return in a story along with Chomper, as both of them have access to the island limited "access" in Mo's case.
As for Mr. Thicknose, I have certain doubts about his possibilities to return in a major role. However, with him being the oldest known resident of the Great Valley he may well appear in a minor role telling for example about events of importance that happened long ago.
Speaking of long ago, Mr. Thicknoses reappearance might be combined with a return of Doc. Mr Thicknose may remember Doc's earlier visit to the Great Valley and perhaps he knows more about Doc in general. Perhaps Doc is somewhat similar to Thicknose (who was believed to be very experienced in the Mysterious Beyond) with the difference that Doc tells no fibs while others exaggerate and mystify deeds of this taciturn longneck. I am not sure however if the legend of the lone dinosaur should be demystified or confirmed.
Hyp, Not, and Mutt could well return in my opinion. I don't think that they would ever totally abandon their habbit of big talk and bullyish behaviour. I think that they could well show up again.
Dinah and Dana could possibly return. The same goes for Tria. It would be strange if she was just gone after the events of LBT 11. As for Dinah and Dana, there ought to be an explanation for their relationship with Cera and her father. I think that he adopted them for it would make little sense if Cera had sisters in the Great Valley who are hiding from us all the time
It is not only "friendly" characters who might make a return. What about the villains?
Ozzy and Strut from LBT 2 could well show up again (why not combined in a story with Chomper against whom they may have a particular anger because of his parents expelling them from the Great Valley where (I suppose) they could never return.
Ichty and Dill could perhaps return. I don't really "like" them, perhaps because I really found their song very silly, but the general idea of two villains who detest, but have to depend on each other is not a bad one.
Rinkus and Sierra might return along with Pterano, but this time perhaps as his enemies (seeking revenge for what happened in LBT 7).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've not so fond of the villians, actually. They never endeared themselves to me.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is not the villains job to "endear" themselves to anybody ;)
But I think that such villains are a good alternative to the anonymous sharpteeth. Many people seem to dislike the idea of considering sharpteeth, who kill because they have to in order to survive, true villains. In case of the not annonymous villains (Ozzy, Strut, Ichty, Dill, Rinkus, Sierra, and possibly Pterano) we could have a different motive for their evil actions than just an empty stomach. Namely revengefulness. I don't think any of them would go lengthes in order to find Littlefoot and the others and take revenge, but if they ever happened to come accross each other, I doubt not the villains would seize the chance.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Very true malte, the villian is suposed to be disliked and detested. Yet by and large, the villiaans have not really caused me to dislike them very much either. Case in point. Dill and itchy.they are not Imo oponents to be feared but rather ridiculed. While they may have been intentionally portrayed as bumblers(in contrast to Littlefoot and his friends) still their poor performance as villians undercut a good film.  So no I would not like to see them return.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In terms of the bad guys, as long as they dont employ a gigantic evil overlord sharptooth or anything I'll be happy. I'm always quietly optimistic about releases I'm greatly interested in and I normally always give something/one the benefit of the doubt. Pterano I would mind seeing come back...not necessarily after his 5 year exile but it would be good to see him again. I liked him as a character because of the amount of development he undergoes during LBT 7.