The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The History of the Gang of Five (2001-2019)

Petrie. · 71 · 28298

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: arboldin,Aug 6 2006 on  06:52 AM
ROCK ON PETRIE! =D kudos! I made a little stick with a flag for you :)

o-----o|---------->
\(?_o)/  | LBT |
What could that be? :blink:
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's amazing how the place went through so many changes over the course of twelve years. Petrie did a amazing job getting the place going even tho most of the other topics for a forum name didn't catch on. I'm happy to see this forum survive for ten long years and it's still going strong today. That is amazing that after ten years this place is still active daily and I'm happy to see a good amount of members still log in here today. Great job by the staff for keeping this going for ten years and I hope for many more years to come. And I'm happy to have been for for the two years as well and happy to see some new members join and are active here witch is also very nice to see as well. Excellent job everyone.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes, I am the founder. :)  That being said, Malte279, Littlefoot1616, and Nick22 were also instrumental in making sure this forum was working from the get-go.

Hard to believe it all began 15 years ago.

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This is nice!  I joined in 2013 and have never really been very active, on here...

LandBeforeTimeFan2017

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Its amazing how long this site has been on for. more to come...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Oh crap! I didn’t realize it was the 16th anniversary of this forum! Silly ol’ me. :slap

Cheers to another year! :celebrate :cheers

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Happy starday, forum!  :birthday  :celebrate :celebrate It is amazing to think it has been around for 16 years in its current form!  May it last for years to come!  :DD

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Happy birthday, dear old forum! It is indeed amazing and a delight to see the forum still standing after all these years. Even if I joined a bit later, I hope to see this forum still stand for years! :celebrate :cheers

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Happy belated birthday, GoF!

Cheers to another year, and cheers to many more years to come! :cheers
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Did I seriously only discover this video just now? :P
And since the GOF Discord Group Chat (specifically Nick22) provided the idea, I’ll also assume a lot of people saw the vid way back in July.

Eh, I think it’s weird that nobody shared the vid on the forum. Unless I’m wrong and someone could prove otherwise.

I do admit that I was cringing throughout the entire vid, but it’s still very informative and I learned a few things about the site that I haven’t know of before.

But anyways...enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJhjdPTrdVI
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:53:33 AM by Mumbling »

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And since the GOF Discord Group Chat (specifically Nick22) provided the idea, I’ll also assume a lot of people saw the vid way back in July.

Eh, I think it’s weird that nobody shared the vid on the forum. Unless I’m wrong and someone could prove otherwise.

I do admit that I was cringing throughout the entire vid, but it’s still very informative and I learned a few things about the site that I haven’t know of before.

You're right, it was not posted on the forum. I'm not 100% sure if Adam wants to have this shared in a public space on the forum, so I've removed the video for now until I get his confirmation.

Also, it's quite rude to say
I do admit that I was cringing throughout the entire vid
"If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all." as Thumper wisely told us in Bambi.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

You're right, it was not posted on the forum. I'm not 100% sure if Adam wants to have this shared in a public space on the forum, so I've removed the video for now until I get his confirmation.

Also, it's quite rude to say
I do admit that I was cringing throughout the entire vid
"If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all." as Thumper wisely told us in Bambi.

Alrighty, fair enough. I only shared it here considering that it was already shared on a public platform on YouTube, and because it’s a much better and relaxing way of learning the history of the Gang of Five then just looking through an entire thread. I can absolutely see why someone wouldn’t be comfortable with it.

And regards to the “rude” comment I made, I admit I was weighing my options and pondering about it for awhile. That was how I truly felt throughout the vid, but I also wasn’t sure whether to add it to the final post or not. I almost decided not to include it, but I didn’t think it would hurt. My judgement believed it wouldn’t overstep boundaries, so I included it. I had positives to include with the one negative, and the comment itself wasn’t so bad considering the constant amount of bs they receive on the internet daily for doing what they like to do.

I took my chances, waited it out, didn’t think I’d receive any flack for it, came back and saw that someone wasn’t satisfied. Oh well, lesson learned. Sorry about that.

what was it about? Discussing history of the forum?

Basically, yes. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I got confirmation from Adam that the video can be posted here. I've restored it in the original post.

Two rights plus one wrong still make one wrong - this isn't maths. This is about hurting someone's feelings. If you feel like you need to "take chances" making a comment like that, then it is probably best to withhold it. How would you feel if someone commented on part of your personality and called it cringy? Just give that some thought. If you need to discuss this further, send me a PM and I'll gladly explain.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
My SubGod...

(wow, now text box is golden? I like it! :D)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Mumbling: You have made your point very firmly here, and I fully understand what you’re stating. It isn’t the first time that I had to decide whether to include something in a post or not, but apparently a lapse of judgement has occurred on that very night. Through my own tinted lens, I may have viewed it as something not to really scoff at, but for others it may be received in a different light. So, I would like to apologize for that. As I don’t want to instigate further on this sensitive topic, the discussion is adjourned.

My SubGod...

(wow, now text box is golden? I like it! :D)

...?

Tell me more. :olittlefoot