The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The third installment in the Jurassic World Trilogy and sixth entry in the Jurassic Franchise has recieved a name, Jurassic World: Dominon.

The announcement came from Director Colin Trevorrow on Twitter with a temporary logo (see attachments). 

The short “Battle of Big Rock” (2019) gave us a glimpse of what we will see in JW: Dominion. I for one am optimistic. I enjoyed both World and Fallen Kingdom. The news of the return of Sam Niel as Dr. Alan Grant and Laura Dern as Ellie Sattler is liable to make Dominion nostalgic.

Filming has begun, and the release date for Jurassic World: Dominion is  June 11th, 2021.

———————————

What dinosaurs do you think we shall see in Dominion?

We certainly we see the following species that got loose in Fallen Kingdom:

Allosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Apatosaurus
Carnotaurus
Triceratops
Stegosaurus
Pterodon
Tyrannosaurus Rex (Rexy)
Velociraptor (Blue) 

We also got to see a new species in “Battle of Big Rock”

Nasutoceratops

Will INGEN/ Dr. Wu introduce new species?

What species do you want to see?

Will we get a new hybrid villian like the Indominus Rex and Indoraptor?

Welcome to Jurassic World! *Cue JP theme*
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:42:36 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Fan made poster:

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
@Gentle Sharptooth
Post link to actual image:
https://posterspy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Jurassic_Dominion_Poster-1500x2246.jpg
not to page that consists image.

The link failed, I did what it said to make the pic seen; but I see this happen a lot in the LBT Caption section. I started reverting to using attachment to make sure the pic remaina. 

So what do you think Sneak? Are you excited for Dominion?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
never watched World, only Park. :P

Jurassic Park (1993) will always be the best. Spielberg was in his golden years of storytelling and the technology: CGI and animatronics was just ripe to make those dinosaurs look real. Actually JP still looks better than Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom because they used animatronics in JP more. The Jurassic World Trilogy overuses CG, which never ages well.

Jurassic World has been descent, but the gimmicks (Rexy saving the day) are getting old. I have enjoyed Blue The Velociraptor, but Bryce Dallas Howard is no Laura Dern, and Chris Pratt has nothing on Sam Neil’s Dr. Alan Grant.   

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
New Teaser Poster:

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Urgh, not looking forwards to this one, I'm afraid...Jurassic World was a huge disappointment for me because of how badly written it was, and I skipped Fallen Kingdom after seeing several early reviews that didn't look good (followed by a lengthy breakdown video that confirmed for me I would have hated it). It's kinda like how I feel about the Star Wars sequels; I have no love for this particular universe, no interest in the characters, and I'd prefer it to have just ended where it originally did. The original film is a masterpiece that still holds up, the second film is flawed, but not quite as bad as most people think, and the third...well, it's dumb, but not as dumb as the JW series got.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
This film is going to be a disaster I just know it. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Fallen Kingdom though. I am already calling it their going to somehow ruin Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler. Or who knows maybe it being delayed will let them have more time to make it better. Though that's probably not going to happen. Also just like the last 2 films their probably going to say that Dilophosaurus will appear in it but then drop them later in production.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:01:04 PM by LittleDas75 »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This film is going to be a disaster I just know it. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Fallen Kingdom though. I am already calling it their going to somehow ruin Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler. Or who knows maybe it being delayed will let them have more time to make it better. Though that's probably not going to happen. Also just like the last 2 films their probably going to say that Dilophosaurus will appear in it but then drop them later in production.

It probably will suffer from Avenger/Justice League and Star Wars Sequel Trilogy issues: i.e. too many characters and cameos.

I however, hope its a fitting end to the franchise.

Personally I think Jurassic Park should have ended as a trilogy. However, Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous are both good. 

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't get why humanity is somehow obligated to allow dinosaurs to rampage on the mainland. 

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I saw JP4, never bothered to watch JP5, but Imma see this just for Dr. Grant and Sattler. They were my favorite characters in the first film and I'm not gonna miss seeing them on screen again.

I wish they'd bring Lex and Tim back, imagine seeing them as adults!

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 24, 2021, 11:43:04 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on March 24, 2021, 11:43:04 AM
I saw JP4, never bothered to watch JP5, but Imma see this just for Dr. Grant and Sattler. They were my favorite characters in the first film and I'm not gonna miss seeing them on screen again.

I wish they'd bring Lex and Tim back, imagine seeing them as adults!

Its a perfect full circle, Alan and Ellie survived the park, now the world is the park.

Alan and Ellie are favs of mine too.

I’d love to see Lex and Tim again! Perhaps a cameo like in TLW:JP?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't get why humanity is somehow obligated to allow dinosaurs to rampage on the mainland.
That's Universal logic for you.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

ESA: Endangered Species Act. 

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't know why but I have a suspicion that their going to make Grant the villain of the film. I just "feel it" if you will.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Why do you think Alan Grant will be turned into a villian @LittleDas75 ?