The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Here's a weird one: Serendipity (1991)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's an older VHS movie I remember watching as a little kid (5-8 years old, I suppose) and loving it.  Has anyone here ever heard of this before, out of curiousity?  I barely even remember what it was about, now.  I'm almost tempted to buy this, just for the hell of it. :lol
http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pink-Dra...8652271&sr=8-20
http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pink-Dra...8652271&sr=8-20

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I remember this movie.
Yay! :lol:

I was reminded of this movie when I saw "Water Horse" yesterday.  Water Horse wasn't that great (unfortunately) but its concept was somewhat similar to this one in some respects (boy finds mysterious egg which hatches into a creature which becomes his best friend).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry.  I've never even heard of this movie.  Perhaps it was more popular in the eastern states and Canada.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
When I saw it, I lived in Illinois. I had dad rent it constantly from the Alpha Park Library in..Pekin I believe. I can't remember much of it, but I remember I used to enjoy it.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry. I've never even heard of this movie. Perhaps it was more popular in the eastern states and Canada.
Don't worry; there are a lot of people who have never heard of this one.  It isn't even on IMDB!  I had to hit up Amazon to confirm that it even existed and that it wasn't a figment of my imagination. :lol

[edit] That's it, I'm submitting an application to IMDB to add this movie!

Hey, guess what I found on youtube:
The opening theme!  This song has been stuck in my head for too many years.  Maybe I can finally get it out! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSIsDRiuTw
[/edit]

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I remember watching this movie a long time ago! :D  When I checked the site and saw the VHS cover, I remember it. Can't remember exactly what it's about though (I believe that it's about a boy who befriends a Dragon and together they experience many adventures -- at least from when I saw it as a kid).

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Timehopper,Apr 21 2008 on  11:54 AM
I remember watching this movie a long time ago! :D  When I checked the site and saw the VHS cover, I remember it. Can't remember exactly what it's about though (I believe that it's about a boy who befriends a Dragon and together they experience many adventures -- at least from when I saw it as a kid).
I thought that was "Pete's Dragon," but I could be wrong :rolleyes:  :lol.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought that was "Pete's Dragon," but I could be wrong .
Pete's Dragon was similar, except the boy lived in a town instead of being stranded on an island, I believe.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Really? "Pete's Dragon" never popped up into my mind when thinking about "Serendipity."

I believe that the plot is different.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The plot is different, for sure.  I haven't seen Pete's Dragon in so long that I don't remember its plot.  I was just comparing that they both featured the main characters: a boy and his dragon-ish friend, and that Pete's Dragon was in an urban setting while Serendipity took place on an island.

Also, Pete's Dragon was live-action while Serendipity was animated...There are quite a lot of differences, actually.  I don't recall Pete's Dragon well enough to have much else to say about it. :p

Sorry for the confusion; my last post probably wasn't worded very clearly. :slap

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Apr 22 2008 on  05:47 PM
The plot is different, for sure.  I haven't seen Pete's Dragon in so long that I don't remember its plot.  I was just comparing that they both featured the main characters: a boy and his dragon-ish friend, and that Pete's Dragon was in an urban setting while Serendipity took place on an island.

Also, Pete's Dragon was live-action while Serendipity was animated...There are quite a lot of differences, actually.  I don't recall Pete's Dragon well enough to have much else to say about it. :p

Sorry for the confusion; my last post probably wasn't worded very clearly. :slap
True, the two movies do have the same plot line, although both movies have different settings and I think different adventures.