The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Lion King

Saft · 44 · 6380

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, that annoyed me too Stegron.  As Mumbling mentioned there was no Lion Kingish feel to the third movie.  Also, I dislike both Timon and Pumbaa (although Pumbaa isn't that bad compared to Timon, in fact he's quite likeable) but the whole entire movie seemed to be centered around Timon and his selfishness.  That every event (as you pointed out Stegron) that took place in the Lion King happened because Timon and Pumbaa or that they were present when (for example the Stampede) some of these events took place.  Realistic wasn't one of the script/story board writers aims....

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yep, they toook away from the first film but pputting timon and Ppummba in every scene. They were the comic relief, not the main characters for a reason..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe it's just me not having a sense of humour (and that I can't take a joke) but I didn't think that they were that humourous to begin with.  Then again popular demand...

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats why the Tv series Timon and Pummba was made... popular demand..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I actually found the movie quite funny at times, things you didn't expect and stuff. But just as a funny movie, not as the lion king.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I found this, in case anyone is further interested in the six new adventures regarding Kopa:

Kopa source:

Stegron

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,May 7 2009 on  05:56 PM
thats why the Tv series Timon and Pummba was made... popular demand..
The Lion King tv series Timon and Pumbaa was one of the many things i like about the movies. It was funny and pretty much old.  :DD

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
OMG this topic reminds me I haven't been to the Lion King source [if anyone has heard of that forum] in like forever  :blink:

anyway

Lion King is one of my favorite movies because of my favorite character MUFASA!!!  :p

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What Lion King source forum do you refer to?

Interesting that Mufasa is your favourite character, he doesn't get alot of love in the Lion King verse.  What do you like about him?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
The Lion King is my favorite childhood movie of all. With Aristocats, The Little Mermaid, and Land Before Time next.

The message, the music, the visual, the characters, and the plot it's just so beautiful, tragic, and joyful. My favorite character EVER is Simba, especially when he's a cub. I love the humor in it, I love everything about it. I still have an old Simba floppy plush from when I was 2 years old. :^.^: It's definitely one of my prized possessions from my younger years.

I do like the second one. There was actually a period of my life where I liked Kiara much that I preferred the second one over the first. Now I like the first better. :) I'm not really a fan of Kovu, he's sort of a bland character to me. Though I liked seeing his most complexed part and that is when he actually has feelings for Kiara and ponders whether or not he should carry out the plot to kill Simba.

I honestly don't see how Kiara would be spoilt. I mean sure, she's naive, but I honestly think she has a good heart. :)

And honestly, I like the Lion King more then I love Land Before Time.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,May 8 2009 on  09:03 PM
Quote from: Saft,May 8 2009 on  08:39 PM
What Lion King source forum do you refer to?

Interesting that Mufasa is your favourite character, he doesn't get alot of love in the Lion King verse.  What do you like about him?

I don't know I always liked the parents that died in disney movies like  :p

My favortie characters in "Bambi" is Bambi's mother and father
in "Lion King" its Mufasa or Kovu
in "Land Before Time" its Littlefoot's mother and Littlefoot

oh and about the Lion King forum
It was a forum that was part Balto and part Lion King
it was very cool there. But I moved on to this forum and the Danny Phantom forum[if anyone has heard of that Nickelodeon show]

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The first was definitely my favorite.  I was about eight when it came to theatres, and I still remember going to see it (good ol' Aspie memory :lol).  It's one of very few films, alond with LBT, that have ever made me cry.

My favorite characters are Timon and Pumbaa.  Reason?  These two are a barrel of laughs and help lighten the mood of the dark storyline, just like LBT's Ducky :D.  Ducky may be more restrained in her humor than these two but they all seem to share a lot in common :yes.  Timon and Pumbaa remind me so much of my funny side, and some of their comical moments are priceless :lol.  Since we pretty much know their funnies in the first one, here's my favorite part of theirs from the second one:

Timon and Pumbaa are surrounded by several of Zira's lionesses, and Pumbaa has his rear facing them.  Timon grabs Pumbaa's tail, cocks it like a rifle, and threatens, "Don't anybody move!  This thing's loaded!  I'll let ya have it!", causing the lionesses to run off screaming like little girls :lol  :lol.

BTW, I liked Zira as a villian.  It's not too often a female villian who's totally bada** exists, especially in animated films, so she made the list of my favorite villians :D.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Zira was a good villaness.. butkovu never really seruiously tried to kill Simba, although in one of Simba's nightmares he did..and I wonder what Simba would have done to kIara had he found out about her lereaving to see Kovu despite her strict orders not to?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,May 9 2009 on  05:56 AM
Zira was a good villaness.. butkovu never really seruiously tried to kill Simba, although in one of Simba's nightmares he did..and I wonder what Simba would have done to kIara had he found out about her lereaving to see Kovu despite her strict orders not to?
Because he was in love with Kiara of course.

I don't think he would have done anything to Kiara since he saw how much in love they were. After all, did he get angry with her for stopping the fight on Kovu's side? If so it was mainly because she was disturbing him.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
He'd probably lock her up in a tower Nick.:D

To be more serious in regards to this theory, I have no idea.  I could hazard a small guess by saying that he could maybe isolate her or some way.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well he had exile Kovu, presumably forever. Kira was probably bared from seeing him. Of course, she ignored this..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Bruton the Iguanodon

I don't really like these movies, but I love the Laughing Hyenas and am a supporter of them getting their own show someday!  :goodluck

Movie 1.5 was truly awful from what I've read/heard. Two of my least favorite characters having their own movie?  :rolleyes: And get this: one of them called one of the hyenas a "yellowbelly" in the first movie!  :anger  I'm serious! Every LBT fan knows that is one of the worst possible insults you can give someone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
1.5 for me doesnt count. And in any event they gave T and P an entire family, yet wouldnt consider adding Kopa tio the canon? Vitani at the end of 2 has no one to be with, literally. at the end of 2 there are 2 guys in the pride, Simba and Kovu, and Vitani couldnt have cubs with either of them. Simbas too old and well Kovus her adopted brother. so, another Lk film, would in all likelihood have to deal with the other half of the family, the siblings of Kovu and Kiara. Now what would that result in? well in real lion prides if there is more than 1 dominant male, the males share ruling the pride. Kopa, since hes simbas son, would become king, and share with Kovu the responsibilities of ruling the pride. Kiara, since shes a girl, would not be affected by Kopa's return. Lion Prides have two hierachies, the male hierarchy, led by the king , followed by his soins, and then theres the female hierachy led by the queen followed by her daughters. so Kopa and Kiara would be coheirs and would have to compromise on who gets what. both would require consorts, so kovu is kiaras and vitani would become kopas.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I saw an essay that someone posted on Deviantart that basically debunks the theory that Zira killed Kopa.  For one thing, Kopa is non-canon.  The creators of the movie never endorsed any of the works he appeared in.  Therefor I consider Kopa to be an alternate universe character.

Second, if Zira had killed Kopa, she wouldn't have still been around to scheme during the sequel.  Simba or Nala would have killed her, plain and simple.  Don't try to tell me that they're "too nice" to do something like that either.  Remember how pissed Simba got when Scar hit his mom?  Yeah, he was ready to rip Scar a new one.  So just imagine what he would do to someone who murdered his child.  I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end if Simba went into "Papa Wolf" mode.

As for characters in the second movie, I really liked the bad guys, particularly Zira.  True, she wasn't as good as Scar, and she could have benefited from a more developed back story, but still, as far a sequel villains go she was one of the better ones, right up there with the poacher from Rescuers Down Under.  I mean, she was actually a legitimate threat and could actually be downright scary at times.  Sorry, but crazy psycho felines scare the crap out of me.        

Frankly I'm glad they didn't put Kopa in the sequel.  To me, he just came across as a carbon copy of Simba as a cub.

And as for the other abomination of a sequel, I just like to pretend that it never happened.