The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Spy Next Door

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Has anyone else watched it? If yes, what do you think of it? Personally, I've been a fan of Jackie Chan and his comedic skits in his films for quite some time now, but unfortunately after watching this movie, I was a bit disappointed. It had a somewhat cheesy plot - not to mention cheesy VILLAINS. Yeah that's right - villains! They have henchmen, a lair, the main villain's sidekick and everything else that makes up a villain. What's more, they're Russian! Seriously, those guys remind me of the Russian characters from Red Alert 3, LOL. :lol

Don't get me wrong though, it was a pretty entertaining movie (I had a few good laughs :p), just that I wasn't very impressed with the plot.

If I have to rate this movie, I would rate it 3/5. What about you guys? :)

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have not seen it yet, but I really like Jackie Chan (and Chris Tucker :smile) in the Rush Hour series, so maybe I'll give this one a try :lol.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't seen it, but to me it seems too much like a rip off of The Pacifier with Vin Diesel. They are pretty much the same plot. A professional spy or marine is given the task to babysit some children, and in turn the children are in danger. The children do not like the babysitter at first but throughout the movie develop a bond with him.

While I am a bigger fan of Jackie Chan than Vin Diesel, this movie to me really doesn't appeal to me that much. I'm more excited for the remake of The Karate Kid with Jackie as the Mr. Miyagi figure. That looks awesome.