The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spongebob Squarepants

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if a topic like this was made already, but I just needed to post it here because it's my current obsession. :D

I know people will have different opinions on this show, and I'll just give a piece of history on it.

For those of you that don't really like this show, watch the first three seasons on Netflix. Those episodes were when it was clean and good to watch, even educational at times! :smile :lol (Will give a few facts on sea life and what they are, etc.)

But the newer seasons are the ones to watch out for. They are the ones that have that weird, gross humor with a droned on episodes or episodes that end too soon and just fill in unnecessary crud to fill it in.

My favorite character of them all is Squidward. And no, Squidward is NOT. I.REPEAT.NOT.A.SQUID. He's an octopus, he's just drawn with six legs because eight legs would be too cumbersome.

Squidward Tentacles-Wiki

I don't really have a least favorite, but Spongebob sometimes REALLY annoys me. The Spongebob that was in the first three seasons is not the same Spongebob in the newer seasons.

So discuss this tv show here. :)

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
After the forth season I sorta lost interest in Spongebob. When a popular franchise like this goes on for this long it starts to lose its edge. Same with the simpsons. When it started out it was funny, clever, and even educational but now it feels like the show is relying on being "stupid funny". except some it isn't funny at all. I won't be surprised when SpongeBob beats the Rugrats as being the longest running nick cartoon in 2011. Even though Nickelodeon in my eyes, is dead.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I watched SpongeBob years ago, it was my favorite cartoon. :D I even collected stickers and comics.

My favourite scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPlAagCXYeI...=related&fmt=18

"DEUUEAUGH" xD
I hope I'll get around to watch ALL episodes one day...

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The older episodes were great but the newer ones blow.  The characters have become annoying, unfunnny, and just... lame.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Spongebob has never really appealled to me. yes i saw the movie, which wasn't very good. and its ubiquitous onNick, which is a shame.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I shall rise this topic from the dead! D}8 (I don't know why I gave the smiley a mustache)

Getting back to watching these cartoons. Oooooh boy, nostalgia. I think I always liked Squidward even as a kid, I like Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy, Plankton and Gary...but Squidward seemed to be most interesting to me despite what has been said about him. Maybe it was his crazy moments, his attitude I liked since personality-wise I was A LOT more like Spongbob, naive, passive, and sensitive. So I liked characters who could stick up for themselves. Still do.

Anyhow, this has come to be one of my favorite fandoms besides DWD, LBT, and MLP.