The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
An alternate lesson that could be drawn out is: "Some people will hate you for no apparent reason. All you can do is ignore them."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
If there's a lesson of bullying to be made, take the message from Friendship is Witchcraft: Episode 9 - "Seed No Evil" at around the 11:10 mark.
Friendship is Witchcraft: Episode 9 - "Seed No Evil" at around the 11:10 mark.

All my life I've been picked on by bullies, and used to believe that bullies were abusive because they were abused themselves. But now I realized that some ponies are just cruel and deserve to be punished. I don't want to just accept the bad life I've been handed. From now on if I want something, I'm going to take it. I don't want to go to clown school, or end us as some lonely middle age elementary school teacher, unfulfilled and wondering how I let my life get this way. I'm not some Christmas Special Martyr here to make you feel better about yourselves. So my project is symbolic of all my complex feelings...

:cry no truer lesson has ever been uttered in the history of mankind *sob*

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
The only redemption I could give her is if her story were more complex that "a jerk."

Babs had a reason for her actions, and while her making the CMCs legit cry (especially Sweetie Belle) was frustrating to watch, I still was able to forgive her for her depth and willingness to change.

Gilda, to date, has had no complexity, and wasn't interesting to me, plus, she was a terrible individual.

YOU CANNOT REMORSELESSLY MAKE FLUTTERSHY CRY AND RECEIVE REDEMPTION.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Bongo,Aug 9 2013 on  05:45 AM
If there's a lesson of bullying to be made, take the message from Friendship is Witchcraft: Episode 9 - "Seed No Evil" at around the 11:10 mark.
Friendship is Witchcraft: Episode 9 - "Seed No Evil" at around the 11:10 mark.

All my life I've been picked on by bullies, and used to believe that bullies were abusive because they were abused themselves. But now I realized that some ponies are just cruel and deserve to be punished. I don't want to just accept the bad life I've been handed. From now on if I want something, I'm going to take it. I don't want to go to clown school, or end us as some lonely middle age elementary school teacher, unfulfilled and wondering how I let my life get this way. I'm not some Christmas Special Martyr here to make you feel better about yourselves. So my project is symbolic of all my complex feelings...

:cry no truer lesson has ever been uttered in the history of mankind *sob*
That bit was great...and honestly a big part of why I liked the parody better than the original. The "Christmas special martyr" thing really grates my teeth.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
The message in Babs seed was well thought out. And the music was great. The song was perfect and help fit the mood of being bullied. And it sucks to be bullied but you just gotta ignore it and walk away from the bully. Not interact with it.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
Quote from: Petrie85,Aug 9 2013 on  12:23 PM
The message in Babs seed was well thought out. And the music was great. The song was perfect and help fit the mood of being bullied. And it sucks to be bullied but you just gotta ignore it and walk away from the bully. Not interact with it.
False. Ignoring can sometimes perpetuate bullying. Addressing an authority: parents, teachers, bosses, etc. is a very good step to take.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not really I've always ignored and walked away and I was fine. And yeah I guess your right. That way works just as well:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny video, I forgot how funny the friendship is witchcraft is.  

As for being picked on or bullied you have to find what works best for you.  Many humans are jerks, or worst, and nothing will ever change that.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Nope there will always be jerks out there who love to bully and pick on others for there own enjoyment. It's wrong and god awful but you have to learn to deal with it. Just 105 more days until season 4 begins.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Speaking of Season 4, the intro sequence is going to have to change now that Twilight is an alicorn, as will the photograph they send to Celestia at the end of it (assuming the creators keep that part at this point). I wonder what other changes other than Twilight having wings will be made to it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah true maybe they already changed it. We have to wait and see what they changed.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe they'll show a teaser of the season 4 opening.   Or we may have to wait till the season actually starts.

As for the picture it looks like that unicorn is getting a laugh or likes whatever was said to make Pinkie sad, or at least to cry.

Bongo

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm still waiting for them to use that extended intro shown on their DVD's as a sing-a-long, except in an actual episode/movie but in glorious HD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hopefully a season 4 song will be leaked soon. That would be very cool.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Like they did for season 3.  Though they leaked 2 songs.  Even 1 would be nice .   :yes