The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lion King

Kit12 · 114 · 10174

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok guy , a heads up i will be leaving for Ny state on Friiday and will not be back until the 20th. this rp can continue and I'll catch up when I get back..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just one problem guys, Lions are Hyper carnivores, they're bodies can't handle any kind of fruits of veggitbles. a nice bit of feild mice or some grubs could work. Other wise Nuka's gonna Puka ( Sorry, bad joke)

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey guys, sorry, so sorry I haven't been on. It seems everytime I think I have time for here something in RL crops up and time just goes away. I'm thinking I may need to just hand off Vitani and even Hali too if you want to use her.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Um...Rocky, what's up with your new chars?

Like Nick22 said, the older lionesses wouldn't be taking orders from a preteen lion so easily. And what's what his over the top violence, having one of them killed so easily?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ok kit. we may need to give Vitani to brek..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rocky, i know you are going for the over-the top evil approach, but it doesn't work in a kid or preteen. any attempt to take makiala would result in a declaration of war and would end up with the prince being killed in short order, either by simba, kopa or kovu.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well first, he'll try to make his case that makaila is his already since here dad promised her to him.

And second, yes, I think that I do need to tone him way back.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
frankly it would be better for all if i simply deleted that post and have you put in a replacement..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
dude I fixed it, I'll try plying him as a spoiled brat who won't take no for an answer.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
then have him go into the pridelands and ask Simba face to face. and in reality no king would give a kid that much power at his age, its not good politics or a good idea. IN any event, Simba will tell him no, that once Makaila joined his pride, all claims were rendered null and void. and you need to edit your last post a bit more imo. Have him go into the Pridelands to fetch her.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i the problem Rocky is this. this is second time in this attempt to doLion King that we have stalled the rp because your characters have done things that are over the top, and we had issues with your characters in the first attempt as well. your characters really don't have any redeeming qualities, they are just pains in the butt, and no amount of tragic backstory can generate sympathy for a character like that. You are trying to improve, I will give you that, but you don't seem to be making much progress at this moment. The reason why I proposed a retcon just now is to serve the story and  give you a fresh slate to say whatever you feel like saying. I don't want to have to reboot this rp a second time because your characters bog down the rp by acting so over the top. we don't care frankly about a small bratty, entitled preteen from a neighboring pride, the focus should be on the return of kopa and Nuka and how their families adjust to having them back. Once they are settled in then the bad guy can come in.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll fix it so they are like three days away then eve them alone for a while.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
revived the story.. we may have a neighboting pride pay the Pridelands a visit..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hoping for kenji to join back up here
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After Re-reading the original story I have thoughts about somply reopening that story and contiuing, as the reboot has not progressed to where the last story ended..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If it's ok with everyone, I'm going to change Damon's Chracter to that of a depressed cub with survivors guilt.

Sample post:

Damon sighed as he wathed Makaila play with another Cub. they asked him to play too, but Damon wasn't feeling like playing. He was brooding, about his past, about his mother and siblings. Simba had been generous in leting him and Makaila join the pride, but Damon was still afraid to talk about his past. If anyone tried to talk to him, he'd just tell them "Sorry, but I don't feel like talking." and then walk away. Damon kept to himself alot, after all he was a monster and if he had a choice, he'd run away to some where he could just lay down and die.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i think you need to change him a bit more, he can;t always have nigtmates Rocky.. Would you be interested in reviving the orioginal story?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if enough people are ok with it.. I'll reopen the first story..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: