The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Predictions

Noname · 49 · 5721

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good idea for a fanfic.  As a matter of fact, Redclaw is going to be in the fanfic I am working on now.  It reveals how he got that scar.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
And that's a good thing too. Since he is colored differently, any possibility that he's the original as been removed.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
There's always the matter of his eye being opened. It's still a pretty good plot. I usually base mystories in dreams I've had as well, although the lbt related one's are all weird and make no sense.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Since he is colored differently, any possibility that he's the original as been removed.
They had a blue version of Littlefoot's mother in LBT 10.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You got a point there, Malte.  The producers might be doing yet another color change.  Then again, this was just some dream I had, and it would be quite the surprise if this turned out to be the truth.  Though it would definately clear up the most recent eps of the TV Series.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not sure if I'll believe Redclaw is the first sharptooth, but I do suspect he is, in fact, related to the first sharptooth somehow.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Feb 19 2007 on  02:36 AM
But Redclaw is colored differently than that sharptooth, so I have my doubts he is the same sharptooth.
Ali's herd was colored differently in the TV series then the movie but they were still Ali's herd.

...I should reword that, shouldn't I?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I did notice that.

Sorry I'm just not willing to believe Redclaw is the original sharptooth at the moment. I do think it's a nice idea, and would make for an interesting twist, I must admit. But whether or not he is the first sharptooth remains to be seen. Hopefully we'll learn of Redclaw's origins later in the TV series.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't mean to argue that this character from the series (about which I still know way to little to make any points at all having still only seen but one of the episodes) is the sharptooth from the original movie or that he isn't.
I just don't think the color is an unimpeachable proof for anything. There were two young threehorns chasing each other around Cera's Dad in the beginnning of one LBT movie (I think it was number 8) who looked exactly like Dinah and Dana except for their color (no proof that it was them, but it may still be another case of changing colors).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The light skin of the original sharptooth ends under his chin but in Redclaw that light skin has stretched to his lower jaw. When you look at the recolor for LF's mother, she retains the same pattern as in the first movie, only color changes. And the original sharptooth got an injury on his right eye, but Redclaw only has an injury on his left eye, none on the right. That is what is making me having a hard time believing that Redclaw might be the original sharptooth.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
They would also have a pretty hard time explaining how he survived.
T-Rex's arms are too tiny for it to be able to swim, he was knocked out by the fall and the water hole was pretty deep.
It wouldn't surprise me if Redclaw turns out to be this sharptooth, but I hope it isn't.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
I don't think it is; Littlefoot would probably have recognized him by now, the scar is on the wrong side of his face (and the original tyrannosaurus wasn't cut that badly when the thorn hit his eye), and the color is wrong (although this isn't necessarily a disqualifying feature.)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
T-Rex's arms are too tiny for it to be able to swim

Well they could probably still swim by using their back legs and possibly tail as rudder. That's how the T-Rex in Dino Crisis swam.

Littlefoot would probably have recognized him by now

I agree. Littlefoot wouldn't so easily forget the face of his mother's killer, the face of the sharptooth that relentlessly hunted him and his newfound friends on their journey to the Great Valley.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
T-Rex's arms are too tiny for it to be able to swim.
Then again Chomper was able to swim in LBT 5 and we also saw the other sharptooth (whose arms, in spite of three rather than two claws, didn't look much stronger than those of Chomper's parents) reemerge from the water surface; while that other sharptooth was washed away by the current it didn't seem to have any problems to stay at the surface.
From the perspective of the sequels (certainly not from the original movies perspective) the Sharptooth might have survived unless it was really knocked unconscious by the rock, or the fall.
They would also have a pretty hard time explaining how he survived.
They weren't shy at all to make very flimsy excuses for Bron.
Littlefoot wouldn't so easily forget the face of his mother's killer, the face of the sharptooth that relentlessly hunted him and his newfound friends on their journey to the Great Valley.
I'm not so sure about this. To Littlefoot and the others a sharptooth is (usually) a lethal thread. There is little chance for them to eye a sharptooth long enough to memorize characteristic features (face etc.) beyond the species of the sharptooth in question. Look at the darker one of Chomper's parents, he looks very, very similar to the sharptooth who killed Littlefoot's mother.
Most of the leafeaters in LBT don't seem to consider sharpteeth as individuals but just as threads to their lifes. Seeing sharpteeth as individuals (rather than as faceless threads) is probably one of the lessons Littlefoot and the others probably drew from the events of LBT 2 and especially LBT 5. Nevertheless I'm not sure if this latter perception would influence Littlefoot's memory to the sharptooth who killed his mother and whom he and the others (most likely) killed before they got to know Chomper.

Having contradicted everybody around here I finish by contradicting myself :lol
I do not believe the sharptooth from the series to be identical with the one who killed Littlefoot's mother. However, from what I have seen so far (and that is little enough with me having still not seen most of the episodes) I wouldn't put it completely beyond the producers of LBT to revive the LBT 1 sharptooth.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The original sharptooth is long dead...no questions asked.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not so sure about this. To Littlefoot and the others a sharptooth is (usually) a lethal thread. There is little chance for them to eye a sharptooth long enough to memorize characteristic features (face etc.) beyond the species of the sharptooth in question.

I have rewatched the original Land Before Time and it does seem like Littlefoot did get a good look at Sharptooth (the name of the first sharptooth), otherwise he would have believed the sharptooth that attacked them later on was a different dinosaur, but instead we see hint that he has found out the sharptooth that killed his mother was still alive.

And later on, why was he so determined to get rid of the sharptooth in the end? It looked like an act of vengeance to me, so Littlefoot must of known that dinosaur was Sharptooth and not just another dinosaur.

The original sharptooth is long dead...no questions asked.

That is what we are lead to believe in the events of the first movie. And while it seems most likely he did die, there is still that chance he survived.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*sighs* I just go and tell everyone about the dream I had, and it turns into this! -_-

Like I said, I don't believe it myself.  It would make quite the interesting fanfic.  It would also be interesting if the first Sharptooth did survive.  He was like a real villian when compared to other sharpteeth we've been presented with in LBT.

Let's start with talking about something else.  That HUGE scar Redclaw has.  What do you think gave him that?

I'd say that he got in a fight with Chomper's parents and they gave him that.  It would explain why he's after Chomper.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say that he got in a fight with Chomper's parents and they gave him that. It would explain why he's after Chomper.

My thoughts exactly.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't know, pokeplayer984, the Allosaurus in LBT 6 was pretty relentless - a fall down into canyon wasn't enough to kill it, and ya gotta give it credit when other sharptooth are fended off by a couple rocks. Or maybe that was a snowball? Jeez, I haven't watch the movies in a while. In any case, as for what gave Redclaw his scar, I would like to know that, too. My guess is that it was another sharptooth.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
*sighs* I just go and tell everyone about the dream I had, and it turns into this!  -_-
Turns into what pokeplayer?
We are having an intense but friendly and respectful discussion here and that is what the forum is about nothing bad about it :)
Your dreams are quite inspirational it seems. Be proud of it ;)
I had (for the first time in a long while) a dream involving LBT too, alas it was neither as detailed as yours nor was it really an LBT dream as LBT turned up as a movie rather than "real life" in the realm of dreams. I got a look on many covers for LBT movies yet to come in that dream. There was some talk on LBT 13 (which we know will come), LBT 14 and 15 (none indication so far), and there was a cover of LBT 25 (no, I don't think that will ever happen :lol). The worst of it is that I don't remember anything detailed that was said or shown on those covers. How sick is this!  :cry
I have rewatched the original Land Before Time and it does seem like Littlefoot did get a good look at Sharptooth (the name of the first sharptooth), otherwise he would have believed the sharptooth that attacked them later on was a different dinosaur, but instead we see hint that he has found out the sharptooth that killed his mother was still alive.
I'm not sure on this. The original movie doesn't create the impression that there are many sharpteeth around (nothing like the teaming up we get to see in some later LBT sequels). They work with another species (Pachycephalosaurus) in a scene in which more than one bad guy was required.
My point is that for lack of other sharpteeth and possibly from the persistence of their pursuer Littlefoot could easily conclude that it was the one and only who killed his mother. The only moments in which Littlefoot could take a closer look at the sharptooth without an immediate thread of being killed were when they first saw the sharptooth from the pont (but then it was far away) and when it got stuck near the rock that looks like a longneck (where Littlefoot's attention was quickly drawn to Cera and that rock. Moreover we don't know how long it took sharptooth to realize he wouldn't get through the rocks; he may well have withdrawn after the few snaps we saw. If Littlefoot didn't see much more of sharptooth than we did there was no chance for him to study sharptooth's face any closer).
Moreover I don't see why Littlefoot would take great interests in the look of sharptooth anyway. Interests as in being able to tell that particular sharptooth from others. I won't argue that Littlefoot may have felt a certain satisfaction at the death of Sharptooth, but I still don't see him as the avenger who carefully plotted to get Sharptooth killed. There was the chance, there was probably the need (though the final movie version took away the argument of the original concept according to which Sharptooth was about to enter the Great Valley), and Littlefoot acted upon it. I don't think he spend nights thinking about how to kill a particular sharptooth whose face he had memorized while running from it as fast as his little feet would carry him.