The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

falling in love with cartoon characters

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
you might know that Im deeply in love with Guido........
it may sound strange but its true and I dont want to stop!I have pictures of him plasterd on the walls of my room,I sigh at the sight of him and complain about mr. threehorn moaning at him....lol but its all true.....
what do you think?have you ever found a cartoon really atractive (like me with Guido)
REPLY LBT FANS
have fun guys (and girls)!!!!     :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub  :wub

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I've never developed a crush on a fictional character. I personally find it rather strange and I don't understand how people can fall in love with a fictional character. I also notice that it can lead to problems, like them becoming so obsessed with a character that they complain when the company pairs that character up with someone. A friend of mine, years ago, had a crush on a Disney character and when that Disney character got paired up, she was tempted to go down to the movie studio and complain.

Now am I saying it's wrong? Not really; it's just something I find odd and, no matter how hard I try, I really don't understand it. If you have a crush on a fictional character, fine, I can't really change anyone's mind nor do I intend to. The only thing I would say about it is don't take it to extremes; don't feel like the studio cheated you out by pairing the character with someone else, or has the character die as part of the story, etc. Remember that they are not real; they are fictional characters that do not belong to you, and understand that something that you do not like may happen to said character.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've had this happen a lot.  
Some of mine have been...well, odd.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Yes, I'm in LOVE with Pterano!  :DD And this isn't the first time I've fallen head over heels for a cartoon character. And yeah, it can cause you to go to the extremes. But that's only if you let it go to the extremes. Now don't get me wrong, if Pterano actually died in a lbt movie, I'd be sadder than heck. But I'll understand its just a part of the story. And that won't stop me from writing him all the time. And I've fallen in love with tons of characters before him, especiallly redemption characters. But I don't let it affect my grade or anything like that.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I can understand liking and associatiating with a cartoon character, but I wouldn't ever go so far as to feel actual love for one. Not that there's anything wrong with it as long as, like DarkHououmon said, it doesn't become an obsession and get in the way of what's really happening in your life.

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
yeah I understand why u find it weird....but I really do love him!!!

so...is there a reason you like Pterano?I think its cool but what did you find so....atractive?I find Guidos apearence,personality and voice  gorgeouse ........yeah I bet some of you are laughing your heads of at me !!!!

ps.keep posting! :D  :D

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper's personally my favorite LBT character, and I've had dreams where he was my little pet. I don't know what that would count as, or how weird that is to others.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper's personally my favorite LBT character, and I've had dreams where he was my little pet. I don't know what that would count as, or how weird that is to others.

That doesn't seem weird to me, Vonboy. Dreaming about something you like is natural. An example of what I'd find extreme is one of my friends who was obsessed with an online comic. He printed out panel after panel of it, and eventually stuck them over every single inch of his bedroom, including the floor. The first time I entered his room, I was kind of creeped out  :blink:

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
I like Pterano because he's a redemption character as well as the same reasons you like Guido. I also really love his BEAUTIFUL BRITISH ACCENT!!!!  :DD Plus I love writing about him.

And guess what? THIS IS MY 1000TH POST!!! HOLY HOLA DOUGHNUT!!!  :blink:  :DD

And also, you really  need to work on your spacing, spelling and capitalization. If you do it on the forum, it'll really help with your stories.  :yes
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

guidolover

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Can you help! I dont know were to find a cute picture of Guido for my avatar , plus Ive seen pics but dont know how to make them an avatar!

ps. ah .... at least I dont have pictures of him on the ceiling .... yet

lol! :smile  :lol  :lol

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I gotta say, Sakura from Naruto Shippuden is so hot when she got older, I'd transform into an anime character and marry her if I could :wow

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can you help! I dont know were to find a cute picture of Guido for my avatar , plus Ive seen pics but dont know how to make them an avatar!

You can probably find some pictures of him on google images. When you find one you like, save it then edit it with Microsoft Paint or another program like that ( I find Paint.CNET quite good). You need to resize it so the pictures no bigger than 120 X 120 pixels, and no bigger than 25KB.

If you want to get a picture of him from a DVD, just take a screenshot of the part you want and edit it like before.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
When I was young I had the hots for Zelda. Why wouldn't I a hot girl in pink spandex She had a hot ass as well.

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
I find it weird for someone to have a crush on a fictional character.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
How is that weird? A Lot of Zelda fans found her hot in that show.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Nov 9 2011 on  01:18 PM
Applejack from FiM is too hot.

And Pterano too.  :DD
Whoa! You find Pterano hot?  :blink: AWESOME!! BECAUSE SO DO I!!!!  :DD  :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Quote from: Daddytops2009,Nov 9 2011 on  12:18 PM
Applejack from FiM is too hot.
Personally I find this opinion strange, but you'd be surprised how often I hear people talking about how hot Applejack is.  She and Twilight are the most commonly associated with being "hot" in the brony community.  Myself?  I don't think any character is "hot" necessarily.  There have been a few images I've seen of Twilight that make me forget I'm looking at a pony, but I just don't see how people can obsess about this sort of thing.  I'm not saying it's bad or wrong or anything.  I just don't get into that sort of thing.