The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Playstation games

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
While I was at Goodwill, got an original Playstation (Model NO. SCPH-1001) for only $2.50. It included the cords, a controller, and two games, Gran Turismo and Syphon Filter. So I figured it was a good deal and got it.

Can anyone recommend any good racing, shooting, or platformers for it?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Racing for PS1:

The Jet Moto trilogy
CTR: Crash Team Racing
Speed Punks
Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour
Ridge Racer Type 4
Land Before Time: Great Valley Racing Adventure
Muppet RaceMania
Chocobo Racing

Platformers:
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Crash Bandicoot, 2: Cortex Strikes Back, 3: Warped!
Spyro the Dragon, 2: Ripto's Rage, 3: Year of the Dragon

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Donald Duck: Quack Attack, Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear To The Rescue and Rayman 2 were really good platformers. I guess you could call the Tomb Raider series a platformer, and they were awesome.

Alien: Ressurection was a decent shooter, and so was Time Crisis.

If you want a good creepy game that's got loads of atmosphere, I'd recommend trying Silent Hill. That was one of my favourite PS1 games.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Adding to the last recommendation you posted, I would have to add Resident Evil and Dino Crisis to that list. Resident Evil and Dino Crisis are similar games, but both have an eerie atmosphere that each delivers in its own way.
Dino Crisis 2 is a good third person shooter. Less suspenseful than the first, but still fun.
Looney Tunes Racing is a fun racing game.
The Gex games are fun plaformers.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Anything with the character "Crash" will be up your ally. Period.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if you also like RPGs check out Final Fantasys 7, 8, and 9.

Trenton

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The earliest PS3 models could play PS2 games, with the high-end model doing so with actual PS2 hardware in the console, and the low-end one doing so with software emulation, which is less compatible. Then later PS3s all used software emulation or simply didn't support PS2 games. All current models do not play PS2 games at all, as of about a year ago.
it’s funny how soon we will be playing dreamcast games on ps3 but not ps2 games whats up with that i hope sony fixs that theres some ps2 games that i want to play like metal gear solid 2 and 3 all three of the grand theft auto series max payne 1 and 2 and others i cant think of also wish we could play psp games but i think im asking to much but the logo says does everthing so i hope i file my taxes too.