The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does anyone but me...

Guest · 109 · 9004

rKrizik

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I always felt more bad for Ducky when Mrs. Maia (or whatever that dinosaurs name was) tossed her away. Not when she got stung by bees.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Honestly, I never really viewed Ms. Maia being evil for tossing Ducky away. Yeah it wasn't nice, but I still can't understand why people judge her as being some heartless dino all because of that. She just woke up and was likely in a grumpy mood. My sister can be nasty when she just wakes up, but she isn't a bad person.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Can we stay on topic? As I said before, since she didn't fall facedown it wouldn't have hurt as bad as if she had. It caused her more physical harm, but the bee stings probably hurt more.

And it was Spike's first injury.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can we stay on topic?
That was unnecessary and a bit rude. Topics branch off like that all the time.
And Ducky did get stung by a whole swarm of bees in 6.
It is incredibly unlikely that they stuck their face and tail in a bee hive. The main reason being the colony would have reacted the way they did when Petrie fell in one; they would have swarmed. The most credible outcome of disturbing a bee colony would be stings and/or bites all over the body, not on just one region. I have made the mistake of disturbing a bee hive and while the stings hurt, I have to say, it's not as bad as falling on your back from a height. I've bruised bones from that. The lasting effects of bruised bones is definetly worse than those of bee stings. I think you fail to realise that hitting the water without breaking the surface is like falling on concrete. Water has a surface that holds well against weight that is less concentrated. meaning it's flat. Also, you have more nerves on your back side. More nerves=more pain.
Of course, now we bring the ferocity of the bees. I've encountered bees that bite and sting during attack. The additional weaponry will increase the intensity of the pain felt, no doubt. This was not the case of Ducky and Spike who had trivial and rather unlikely injuries. Case in point, they should have suffered more than a bandaged beak and tail.
By the way, you have more nerves on your back. That is where the spinal cord is. One more thing: the force needed to knock someone unconscious will cause them great pain when they come to. Not only is the pain intense, but it lingers longer than bee stings. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Trust me, you feel the pain, just for a second but enough to make you never forget how it felt. To me, a bee sting doesn't compare.
That's the reason I never felt bad for them getting stung unrealistically. ;)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Bruton the Iguanodon

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Alright, well, I've decided to bring this topic back up, but NOT to re-discuss the re-discussment (I know, not a word, but gimme a break) of the fact that bee stings are qualified as "boo-boos". This time, I'm finally asking if this topic should just be closed once and for all.

I'm asking this because I (and probably many other members here) don't feel this is a topic worth discussing anymore. It just seems too...pointless to talk about who got hurt in LBT 6 and why.

To close out, bee stings are not a serious injury whatsoever.

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Feb 23 2013 on  07:45 PM
Alright, well, I've decided to bring this topic back up, but NOT to re-discuss the re-discussment (I know, not a word, but gimme a break) of the fact that bee stings are qualified as "boo-boos". This time, I'm finally asking if this topic should just be closed once and for all.

I'm asking this because I (and probably many other members here) don't feel this is a topic worth discussing anymore. It just seems too...pointless to talk about who got hurt in LBT 6 and why.

To close out, bee stings are not a serious injury whatsoever.
You are right they aren't, however if someone is allergic to them that will likely be a different story. Now I don't know if dinosaurs could be allergic to bee stings, but it is something to consider.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do agree this topic has been uselessly overdiscussed. I'm sure they're over their bee stings now.