The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask a random question!

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hmm... Whelp, feel free to ask me a question if you wish to know a little bit more about myself!  :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies? :)
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
why have you choosen this awesome username? I like it  :lol:  :lol:
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
What are your hobbies? :)

Well, I love eating, sleeping, drawing, writing stories, eating, hanging out with friends, surfing the internet, eating, rock climbing (as much torture as it is), and of course, watching LBT and pointing out it's many animation/colour mistakes! 8D :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
why have you choosen this awesome username? I like it  :lol::lol:

Sorry, Ducky123, I didn't see your question there at first. XD

Well, random's always been part of my internet usernames (Started as randomgirl5361, but then I changed my account), and the time I made it was around May, when I considered myself a pretty big Mario/Zelda fangirl, and I would never stop talking about it. I actually had a friend who's username was thatdumbfangirl, so I sort of changed that around slightly, and voila! Sorry, that dragged again.  :lol

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, you rock climb? My arms would never forgive me if I did that XD

and of course, watching LBT and pointing out it's many animation/colour mistakes! 8D :lol

Oh, I hear ya^^ I watched Great Day of the Flyers just the other night and I had a running commentary on it the entire time while I was laughing and singing along XD
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, my dad's quite a sporty person, so every Wednesday he takes me rock climbing, and whenever I go down to my grandparents in Devon (during the summer of course), then I will also go bodyboarding, since they live literally ten minutes from the sea. I find it strange that I enjoy these sports when I usually hate physical activity to the bone.  :DD

Ah, I pretty much ruined the first Land Before Time for my friend who wanted to watch it with me because I added really stupid commentary at some parts. XD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're welcome! :DD
What are your favourite subjects in school?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, I'm a fairly good mathematician, so I do very well in Maths (heck, now I have to teach it to little kids! =O). I also enjoy Science (not counting Biology, though XD), I'm okay at French, I find History quite interesting, and I love Textiles just because everyone loves to wind up the teacher.  :lol

Thanks for the questions, guys! 8D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you play an instrument ?

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the question!

Nope, I don't really play an instrument. The only time I really play anything is the keyboard at school, and I suppose we do go on them quite a bit. I used to play clarinet when I was around 7, but that never lasted very long. In the end I decided that playing a musical instrument wasn't my thing.

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Feb 22 2013 on  04:38 PM
I also enjoy Science (not counting Biology, though XD)
I think you're the second person I've seen who has written that. Maybe I'm misreading it but it sounds like Biology isn't a popular subject... :!
But correct me if I'm wrong :blink:

And now for da question, when you said you have to teach math, does that mean you are pursuing a teaching carrer? If so, what age group are you inclined more towards? I'm with preschool :)
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I don't what it is, really. Chemistry is probably the most interesting, Physics gives me a challenge, but Biology just... I don't know, it didn't catch my interest much. Saying that, we're going into DNA and genes, since we've moved on to the next key stage and getting more in depth with things now, and it has become more interesting than it was.

To be honest, I'm not looking for a teaching career, but I wouldn't mind being a teacher. I like all kinds of kids, but I probably wouldn't teach teenagers. :lol
I volunteered to be a maths leader, not because I want to be a teacher, but more because I did want the experience of being a one-to-one mentor, and I really do enjoy it. It's just trying to keep the kids focused by the end of the session, though, since they all tend to lose their concentration, but they're fun to work with. I have a lot of little cousins to help look after and play with, so I would actually quite like to be teaching preschool. I'm afraid I might just squeeze all of the kids because of their cuteness, though. :DD

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'm not looking for a teaching career, but I wouldn't mind being a teacher. I like all kinds of kids, but I probably wouldn't teach teenagers. :lol

I honestly didn't know what carrer I wanted until I heard of the Early Childhood Edu program at my school. BING! Instant connection!
I highly recommend going into a teaching career, it's really an enriching experience :D
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm still not entirely sure what I want to do with my life... which doesn't help since I've got to sort out what I want to do with my options within the next two weeks. :lol
Eh.... I need to think about this more. Sometimes I forget that I'll be an adult in a few years. It's scary, actually. :o

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ugh, why is there such a big rush to grow up? Eheh, I'll be able to legally drink in a few months, not looking forward to that landmark :p what an awful tradition...

Have you thought about going to a community college? That's what I'm doing now :) Off and done in a little over two years and I get my Associate's degree and I don't owe a cent!
J. R. R. Tolkein

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I know, it's way too scary. And yeah, I think I'm better off NOT being allowed to drink alcohol. I'll probably be the designated driver. I'm looking forward to be able to drive. :lol

To be honest, no I haven't. I haven't actually though about college at all. I've been so filled up with thinking about careers, options and everyone talking about university that nobody's even said anything about college. I know that if I go to university I'll be in debt for a good few years, especially now that the prices have gone up again. There's also been a lot of talk about apprenticeships, which pays you for getting trained up to work for a company. Eh, I dunno... I'll give it more thought next year. :DD

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Driving is a very handy skill indeed. At least where I live.

watching LBT and pointing out it's many animation/colour mistakes! 8D
So, are there any other animated movies that you're interested in? Or interested in pointing out their mistakes?  :p

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Hmm... I like to watch the Pixar and Disney classics from time to time, but usually it's just LBT that I really notice the mistakes on. I'm surprised at how many obvious colouring mistakes there are. :yes

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, do you go to Devon a lot in the holidays? I sometimes do, but I don't enjoy it... :(