The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 174621

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, good luck, Laisanen!  :goodluck
Inactive, probably forever.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Laisanen,Dec 30 2014 on  05:06 AM
One more thing, could Finnish fans also tell me was the uncut version on MTV3 Finnish dubbed? Or in English?

Finnish... and I know I have only seen the 1998 airing.

Being able to see it in its original full theater glory must still be nice experience though, keep an eye on the sharptooth biting scene to close that myth about early VHS's :p

BashLucasandSpielberg

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I DID see it on VHS though... maybe the lenders new somebody, because the first time I saw it was in 2000 or something, and it had at least a few extra minutes in it or more! :)

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Okay I searched through this entire thread and I noticed a LOT of the images that people have posted have been deleted... I'm wonder if anyone still has them.  Like any pics from the original ending?  I heard there was one of Littlefoot playing in the waterfalls, does anyone have this one by chance?

Thanks

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I'm pretty sure some people will have seen them by now, and they'll likely be posted here soon. But on the LBT Wiki, someone has posted story board drawings of the (uncut) first half of the Sharptooth chasing Littlefoot and Cera scene, were he shows up in the swamp then chases them into the torn bush. E.G. One part in them that's not in the film is Littlefoot and Cera climbing up the inside of the rotten hollow tree in the swamp they were playing in then Sharptooth smashes it up.

Here the link to the galley.
http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, thanks for sharing and thanks to whoever made these  :wow

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I'd never seen some of those storyboards before, thanks for sharing! It'd be interesting to see some of these cut scenes fully animated.

Dashaque, is this the picture you're looking for?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
More story boards of supposed deleted scenes have been posted on the LBT wiki, these ones appear to be a scene with Littlefoot and his mum.

tad10

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jun 8 2015 on  03:52 AM
I'm pretty sure some people will have seen them by now, and they'll likely be posted here soon. But on the LBT Wiki, someone has posted story board drawings of the (uncut) first half of the Sharptooth chasing Littlefoot and Cera scene, were he shows up in the swamp then chases them into the torn bush. E.G. One part in them that's not in the film is Littlefoot and Cera climbing up the inside of the rotten hollow tree in the swamp they were playing in then Sharptooth smashes it up.

Here the link to the galley.
Hey, I just read your post really interesting I aint seen these either, I found this on youtube too, same pics but different format! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOUZrMHMiQ

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: tad10,Jun 19 2015 on  12:32 AM

Hey, I just read your post really interesting I aint seen these either, I found this on youtube too, same pics but different format! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLOUZrMHMiQ
Ah great thanks for sharing that. Also from seeing those story boards in sequence. It looks as though the scene were Littlefoot gets caught up in vines and they whip straight into Sharptooth's face happened earlier on in the chase scene, and the moved it to later when they re-edited the film... I f you know what I mean..

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah great thanks for sharing that. Also from seeing those story boards in sequence. It looks as though the scene were Littlefoot gets caught up in vines and they whip straight into Sharptooth's face happened earlier on in the chase scene, and the moved it to later when they re-edited the film... I f you know what I mean..
Yeah, it seems like it. Just looking at the pictures was difficult for me but now due to that video I've managed to get a better image of what the deleted scenes probably contained. The description of the video in the link above is also stating what you're hinting at...

Recently a portion of the original storyboard from ëThe Land Before Time’ movie was uploaded to the net, illustrating how this section of the film was originally scripted prior to the major editing it underwent before being released into theatres. This scene presents the audience with the first appearance of the ëSharptooth’ and involves him chasing the two heroes, Littlefoot and Cera, through a bramble, ridden swamp. This scene in the theatrical release differs quite sharply with these original rough sketches.
This storyboard shows that instead of simply fleeing the Sharptooth the two young dinosaurs initially attempted to climb up into the dead tree, under which they were playing, popping bubbles. This dead tree is subsequently desimated by the T-Rex and the duo flee. The next scene in the theatrical release, where Littlefoot and Cera are hiding in the brambles, disappears and the storyboard leaps ahead to when the Sharptooth hurls himself into the brambles and gets his eye inury. Presumably this missing scene was originally supposed to be aired later on which explains why Rex, whilst peering into the brambles, has his eye firmly shut before it's even been injured (in the theatrical release)!

With the aid of these early drawings, as well as stills from the movie, I have attempted to illustrate how the animators originally intended this scene to turn out before it was reworked and giggled for worldwide audiences.

Here is a link for the theatrical release version of this scene
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vfA9H-agDw

Images belong to Don Bluth Animation Studios and Universal Studios.
Music belongs to James Horner and Universal Studios
Special thanks to Mark Pudleiner for uploading the images.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
More storyboard drawings of a scene not in the film, were Littlefoot comes across a snake..

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
wow
I'm interested where these sketches were taken from...
I can't find the source

but at the same time...
Mark Pudleiner posted second part of First Sharptooth attack scene!
http://markpudleiner.blogspot.com/

Long time I wanted to see uncut original version of thee Land before Time

these early production sketches are gift for my soul...
*cries*
Thank you, mr. Pudleiner, man! :')

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Snik,Jun 27 2015 on  10:07 PM
wow
I can't find the source

but at the same time...

*cries*
Wow thanks for sharing this. And looks as though I was right about the scene were Sharptooth gets hit in the eye by the vines Littlefoot got caught in happened earlier in the origanl cut. Also in one of those story boards Cera has brow horns..

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jun 27 2015 on  04:26 PM
Wow thanks for sharing this. And looks as though I was right about the scene were Sharptooth gets hit in the eye by the vines Littlefoot got caught in happened earlier in the origanl cut. Also in one of those story boards Cera has brow horns..
yeah, I thought the same...

good eye on Cera's horns!
:)

Sharptooth attack sequence becomes more and more scary and terrifying...
(Lucas and Spielberg, why, WHY did you take it down?.. T-T
I know why, but still...
*sigh*)

Hope mr. Pudleiner continues to post sketches.
Maybe he has all uncut material? Will we see it someday?..
:')

(sorry for my English)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow, nice discoveries there :)

BTW: Your english is alright ^^

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Wow! These are really neat! It's interesting to see the differences in different stages of production, such as Mama Longneck looking way different to the way she looks in the final thing, and Littlefoot having the name of Thunderfoot. The snake scene is pretty cool, and it's not something I believe I've heard of before. Go Mama! :lol Also, seeing Littlefoot and Cera climbing into the hollow tree at the start of the Sharptooth scene is pretty interesting. I hope more storyboards continue to be posted so we can hopefully shed some more light on the outcut scenes.  :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

tad10

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 27 2015 on  04:07 PM
wow
I can't find the source

but at the same time...

*cries*
These sketches are great, after so many years specualting on what the missing scenes were like this explains, at least one of them so clearly now.  Wonder why it has taken so long for these to come to light  :blink:
These new sketches have been released on youtube by the same guy I first shared in an extended video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFF7I9CHa8&feature=youtu.be

its alot clearer to see how the scene was meant to go by seeing this vid
I hope and wonder whether this may finally lead to a un edited release of the original movie  :D :yes

tad10

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Found these two new sharptooth cels...

another cut scene at the end...?!

dunno where this one fits in but its a Don Bluth original cel!