The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 174785

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice discoveries!  :wow

Dunno where the second one belongs to either but I can tell the first is when Sharptooth jumps onto the boulder Littlefoot and Spike try to push on his head :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 1 2015 on  07:48 AM
OMG, more pictures of my favorite character!! :3

Never see these! Thanks for sharing!

Second one is taken from there?:
http://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-art/the.../a/7108-95598.s
The web page is blocked?
8 years with TGOF :yum

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Wow thanks for sharing these. I'm assuming that the one of the gang in a group hug is either from the sleeping together to keep warm scene or maybe the final scene on the hill... Also if your wondering where Petrie is in that one, you can see his hands on top of Cera's frill.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Those were some great pictures. The one with Sharptooth was just epic!

It really captures his ferociousness, it's understandable why he is so feared by the leaf eaters. I also think that this image of Sharptooth makes Red Claw look totally pathetic compared to him for I just never found Red Claw as intimidating or as scary nor do I get the impression that he is that dangerous if the gang can continuously fraught him with little effort.

But with Sharptooth in this pic alone you really get the feeling that this bloke is incredibly dangerous and not someone that it would be nice to meet in a dark alley. In the movie Sharptooth also makes every encounter and escape hard and terrifying and not to mention exceedingly close to having a fatality.

Now "The" Sharptooth really is deserving of his title in this pic. Great pic. Though I wonder where what cut out seen it was from.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

tad10

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 1 2015 on  08:48 AM
OMG, more pictures of my favorite character!! :3

Never see these! Thanks for sharing!

Second one is taken from there?:
http://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-art/the.../a/7108-95598.s
Yea thats the right link!  the top image popped up in a serach i was doing the other day...I had to share it straight away :)
I aint seen any decent new sharptooth cels for a while!  Glad you all like :)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
who can dislike it? ;)

I am so happy. Not so long time ago mr. Pudleiner posted Tyran's attack early sequence, and now: more echoes from the past. :D

even if we never see outcut version of LBT original movie, I hope we still will be able to see it via official sketches, pics and other stuff. :)

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I realized how well edited out the sharptooth attack was .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFF7I9CHa8

if you notice the scenes that did stay in the movie got flipped so you cant tell Cera and Littlefoot were going back and forth.

now I just hope we can get the part 2 so we can figure out this part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYYwGytRJs

I think the part after the thorn bush had lots of edits cause you can see a lot is missing once Littlefoot mom comes in.

so my guess the biggest edit in the whole movie was the sharptooth and earthquake (not counting the finding the great valley moved to the end)

EDIT: forget everything I said  :p  I realized the clip i watch of the sharptooth scene on youtube was flipped and the correct one fits the storyboard

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
^

Ahhh more storyboards:). So that's how Littlefoot and Cera really got out of the thorn bush before Littlefoot's mum shows up. Before all the infamous and painfully obvious editing. Tanks for sharing. I personally like to think of this as a late Birthday gift :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice, would've loved to see that animated on screen :smile

tad10

• Ruby
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I was on the LBT wiki, and I saw a couple of what seem to be storyboard paintings of some of cut scenes.

This first one seems to be from the origanl ending were Littlefoot has already found the great valley before they kill Sharptooth. And Ducky has cought up with Littlefoot, Cera and Spike, still hugging Petrie after seeing he's still alive.

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/File:...e._Lot_63_2.jpg

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/File:...e._Lot_63_1.jpg

And this one is of a scene with Cera's sister's in the foreground. And are different colours in this too.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Very cool find Dalekdino.

The second one seems to enhance the theory that the threehorn in the background on LBT II could be Cera's sister and not her mother, since there's also a little grey threehorn in this storyboard.

However, in the storyboard she looks to be the same size and age as Cera, so that wouldn't make much sense, but still, one can always speculate.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
wow, nice discovery!  :wow

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: NewOrder,Dec 2 2015 on  03:48 PM
Very cool find Dalekdino.

The second one seems to enhance the theory that the threehorn in the background on LBT II could be Cera's sister and not her mother, since there's also a little grey threehorn in this storyboard.

However, in the storyboard she looks to be the same size and age as Cera, so that wouldn't make much sense, but still, one can always speculate.
Well not so sure about that. As in the actal film. Cera's sister's are the same colour as her and are the same age as her.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
release of LBT 14, and Don Bluth's posts in his twitter (Deleted scene from All Dogs Go To Heaven, LBT walking cycles, and other stuff) forced me to return to my every-year hobby: attempts to find any new information about outcut Land Before Time scenes.
 :DD

It was started at morning, in Feb 2nd.

hundreds sites, unfgamiliar languages (you know, Finnish, Polish stuff, etc.. )

In Feb 3rd, after dozens hours, I gave up.
 :(petrie  

-----------

hate men who cuts beautiful movies and never show full material them to public. Why did they even do that? I mean, they spent hours and days to make material only to throw it to trash bin or put it on shelf in locker, and nobody will see it. seriously? Who stops them to publish it in any form. Add it to HD collection pack, or something.

After seeing all these last pictures and production materials, like that storyboards from Mark Pudliner, my inner beast rewoke again.
I want fresh meat.
I mean, I need everything that related to original LBT movie.

I can't even get like LBT Illustration Story right now.

How many years should we wait?..

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's frustrating, I know... :(