The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Highest I.Q.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I cannot say anything about the TV series episode in which Spike plays a central role, but in the sequels there are somewhat contradictory scenes. There are cases where Spike shows a better judgment (and readiness to act upon it) than the others.
In LBT 2 he is not as taken with Cera's idea of hiding from the grownups as Ducky and Petrie are. In LBT 4 he is the one to make the decision (to trust Ali in spite of Cera's dislike of her) for Ducky and Petrie once again. In LBT 7 Spike is the one to end the debate about whether or not the gang should follow Ducky. I think there are more examples.
On the other hand there are also many scenes in which his stomach seems to get the better over his brain. The best example is his biting of the vine they are walking on in LBT 7, but he also doesn't care about keeping up Littlefoot and the others in the original movie once the leaves Petrie is dropping are falling out of his tongue's range. In LBT 5 the others sort of make use of Spike's appetite by making him the taster of the unknown plants on the island (just what exactly would they have done if one of those plants had turned out to be poisonous?). I guess there are different kinds of intelligence and stupidity and even otherwise highly intelligent people may be prone for certain types of stupidity (and vice versa). The thoughtfulness of Spike's actions seems to depend very much on the situation and on how recently he had his last meal.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Also likely it depends on who the script writer is.  I'd doubt there is any one person who has written down facts and forces all the scriptwriters to stick to it that says stuff like x is the overall smartest.  It's likely just some vague stuff.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I voted for Littlefoot, but I would also argue that Ducky could be in line for number 2. She seems to definitely be a voice of reason, but to me Littlefoot seems to know what is usually right, and is reuctant to do the wrong things. I know some of you would argue that Littlefoot does do wrong things, and I agree with that also, but he doesn't do them to the extent like Cera who usually doesn't think before she acts.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I don't know about this...I really don't believe in this....

There are all different sorts of IQ. It doesn't mean one IQ is smarter over the other, someone can be smart with words, another person can be smart with emotions, another person can be smart with music, and another can be smart with the mathamatics, it really depends. So asking me to choose who's the smartest of all of the characters is like asking me to choose with view point is best and is right. I just can't choose...

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I think Littlefoot because he's the leader of the gang and he always seems to have an idea up in the old noggin :lol: