The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land before time: Tight bonds

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hello! I decided to post a fanfiction on here, if you find any mistakes i made please correct me on them.

Note!: There will NOT be any pairing in this fanfiction only true friendship between Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike, Petrie like i think it should be :)

Land before time: Tight Bonds Chapter 1: Problems part 1

This story takes place between Land before time 1 and 2  !

- The Great Valley, night time, Littlefoot's sleeping place.

"WAAH!" Littlefoot shouted, cold sweat on his face "Oh, just another bad sleep story. I should probably go back to sleep." However Littlefoot could not fall asleep again, deciding to drink a bit he walked to the drinking place.

'Why do these sleep stories feel so real? It's like they are, but at the same time aren't'
Littlefoot pondered while walking to the drinking place. He thought he would be alone, but he wasn't, Cera also was drinking out of the drinking place

"Hey Cera! What are you doing here?" Littlefoot asked out shocked that she was here. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

Cera looked up. "I could ask you the same question Littlefoot, what are you doing here? And to answer your question, i couldn't sleep,"

Littlefoot began to drink, after getting some water he asked "Bad sleep story? I had one, it was about how my mother died protecting me, and how Sharptooth survived the water and is searching for us again. I just want us all to be safe." He then began to cry silently, watching his mother's death over and over in his head, not being able to change his thoughts.

Cera walked over to Littlefoot and rubbed her frill to his neck, trying to comfort his pain. "I'm sorry what i said about your mother Littlefoot, she's not stupid, she was the bravest i ever met, and i should have never said she was stupid." Cera silently kicked herself for calling his mother stupid

Littlefoot looked over to Cera then smiled and rubbed his neck against her frill "It's okay Cera, yes she was the bravest i ever met too, but it gives us reason, without her we wouldn't be here. And i wouldn't have the best friends i can ever hope for." And with that he hugged her
(Dont ask me how they hug :sducky , i just made it possible   ^^spike

Cera looked to Littlefoot and smiled "I couldn't ask for better friends than you and Ducky, Spike, Petrie. And to answer your earlier question my sleep story was about the same, how Sharptooth killed your mother." And with that she hugged him back.

"Come Cera lets go back to our sleeping spots, we should sleep more, we need enough energy to play tomorrow." And with that they parted, to their own sleeping spots.

So! How do you think the first chapter was? I had alot of fun making it  :)littlefoot
Don't forget to point out any mistakes to improve my writing, or any grammar mistakes :)
I hope i see you again soon.

Funfact about writing this story: I was listening to "Always there, Never alone and how do you know" During this story, it gave me inspiration to make this :)
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
So far the first chapter was really good. It had a lot feeling in it and I can't wait to read more. Its off to a good start.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ah nice little story.
And I Like how you had Cera apologise to Littlefoot for what she said about his mum. I personally think she didn't really mean what she said and only said it out of anger.
If you struggled to picture them hugging then you could have had them nuzzle. That's what I had them do in a picture fabric of mine.

Anyway this was good.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you both i actually expected the story to look like it was rushed (which i have a problem with but turns out i can do it)  i hope i have next chapter soon (have to maintain 2 stories) but thanks! :)
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: jorrdy12,May 30 2016 on  11:50 AM
Thank you both i actually expected the story to look like it was rushed (which i have a problem with but turns out i can do it)  i hope i have next chapter soon (have to maintain 2 stories) but thanks! :)
I'm very curios and interested on what your going to right next. So far its making wonder on whats going to happen next.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ugh, Sorry i was going to publish another chapter today but as you might've guessed it didn't really work out i saved what i had though but if i started writing it would probably be with a lot of anger inside instead of what emotion it was supposed to be.. Hang on though because i will release it soon..

^^^
Ignore that, you might still have some anger within the chapter, but i couldn't help to write it further. i hope you will like it.

Land before time: Tight bonds: Problems part 2
Lets begin!

The Great Valley, night time, 30 minutes after chapter 1, Ducky's sleeping place.

*SPLASH*

"AAAH!" Ducky gasped upon entering the water while she was sleeping. She suddenly heard muffled grunts that came from.. Spike? Swimming over to Spike she nudged him awake. "Spike, Spike... Spike! are you having bad sleep stories again? What are they about? I wanna know, yep yep yep." However what Ducky tried, Spike wouldn't awake for a while. "I guess he's tired, yep yep yep!" and with that she laid down near spike back on the grass thinking.

(Is it only me, or are Ducky and Petrie hard to type?)

'Whats happening to us? I have bad sleep stories, Spike looks like he has them too, i do not know what to do, no no no... Does Petrie, Cera and Littlefoot have them too? I can't remember what the sleep story is, i only see little parts of a sharptooth.. drowning?' When Ducky thought about the sharptooth drowning she gasped upon seeing images flood her mind of what happened to her friends and her, trying to reach the Great Valley.

(If you don't understand here's explanation: When alot of stress occurs like when the gang of five were fleeing from 'Sharptooth' they can have some kind of subconcious memory blockage which can block some of the stressful memories until they can handle it again.) (Thats how i think how it works o.o If it's not Please dont hate! im terrible at these kind of stuff, im not even supposed to know it yet...)

*Gasp* 'Tha.. That was s-sharptooth?! and... we drowned him? W-we are safe now?' Ducky asked herself distressed 'i need some time to think about this all, maybe that will do me some better. Yep yep yep!' and her 'journey' began to the drinking place

- Petrie's Sleeping place

"Me so scared! Me can't sleep anymore. Me need to drink!" and with that the 'mysterious' flyer flew off to the drinking place

Arriving at the drinking place the 'mysterious' flyer saw someone he didn't expect to see, not at this time atleast

"Hey Ducky! What you doing here?" the 'mysterious' flyer we all know as Petrie asked.

Ducky looked up to see Petrie flying her away, scared about something. "Hey Petrie me happy to see you! I am i am! But why are you scared? Did something happen in your sleep story?”

“Y-yeah me had a bad sleep story! It was how sharptooth was trying to eat us!” Petrie whispered scared, hiding beneath his wing.

“Oh, that’s not a good sleep story, no no no… I had the exact same sleep story! Do you think Littlefoot and Cera had the same sleep story? I know Spike does..” Ducky said, sad and scared too kinda.

“Well, me think we need to go back to sleep, we need to play again tomorrow!” Petrie exclaimed happily

“I think that’s wise to do so too! Yep yep yep.” Ducky said happily hugging Petrie “Thank you for letting me talk to you, i think i can sleep again now. I do, i do!”

“Me think you helped too! so we both helped, isn’t that great?” Petrie said back happily while hugging back Ducky. “Come on, me need to go home before my Mom sees im missing.” Petrie said while shivering “Me no want to see that. Bye Ducky!” And with that Petrie began to
fly to his home.

“Bye Petrie! I will see you tomorrow, I will, i will!” and she too began her way home.

Well? I hope this chapter didn’t get affected by my uncountable measures of anger and feeling betrayed.

I hope you like this chapter
If you see mistakes don’t even think about not letting me know them.
 x(cera

I hope you can forgive me for if you've seen angry things in here :sducky (I would not consciously put them in,) So sorry!  :(petrie

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wow, that was beautiful. I loved it.

Wait, if they all had the same dreams, what if it was not a dream, but instead, a vision?

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jun 1 2016 on  06:07 AM
Wow, that was beautiful. I loved it.

Wait, if they all had the same dreams, what if it was not a dream, but instead, a vision?
It can't be a vision if it happened right? because the dreams they are experiencing is with a refrence set in the first movie, the most stressful part of their journey:

Littlefoot and Cera have dreams of Littlefoot's mother dying, in front of their eyes.

Ducky and Petrie (which didn't see Littlefoot's mother die) Think their most stressful part as that sharptooth were trying to eat them when they were trying to push the rock to drown him.

As children (which they are) they were so stressful those moments that their minds blocked them to not get their minds damaged because of the stress, the reason why the dreams seem so real to them is because they are reliving the memories, their minds deem them safe to view them again, to overcome the stress and live with what happened

The reason why i explained this is because our 5 dinosaur friends ofcourse can never know this. (They are not as technologically advanced as us) so they couldn't explain what happened in their dreams, they only know it felt real.

Hope i gave some light in this topic :)

Wait are the ranks like Ruby, chomper and stuff based on the amount of topics? I just noticed i am Chomper instead of ruby, neat.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Whoops, sorry.  I was just predicting what is happening, but it seems I went to the wrong direction.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: CybertronianBrony,Jun 1 2016 on  06:53 AM
Whoops, sorry.  I was just predicting what is happening, but it seems I went to the wrong direction.
Haha it can happen. no worries :)

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Land before time: Tight bonds : Closure.

General playing place, 7 hours after chapter 2 (10AM right now)

"Hey Ducky, Petrie why do you look so tired?" Littlefoot asked wanting to know why they look so tired. Cera nodding with him

"Well, Littlefoot me and Ducky had bad sleep stories tonight, we had stories about Sharptooth!" Petrie said, hiding beneath his wings again.

Littlefoot and Cera looked uneasily at eachother, "I guess we all had the same didn't we Cera?" Littlefoot said to Cera while still looking uncomfortable, Cera nodded to him.

"Well Ducky and Petrie, me and Littlefoot had the same sleep stories, only ours was about Littlefoot's mother dying." Cera admitted, which Littlefoot nodded sadly at.

"Well, it isn't real so lets play! I want to play , oh i do, i do!" Ducky said happily, trying to lift the mood

"Yeah i guess we can! let's go!" Cera said happily her mood lifted by Ducky, Spike, Petrie and Littlefoot nodding in agreement with her.

"Wait!" Littlefoot said suddenly. "I just want to say... I'm happy i have the best friends i can have like you." Everyone smiled at that and they all nuzzled together.

Well?
I regret to inform you that this is the end of this emotional little fanfiction 'Tight bonds' Don't worry though I have a plan for a sequel called: 'Falling Apart'
I hope you liked this fanfiction.
And i had alot of fun writing it.
I know this might be a bit sudden end. but i feel that the reason why i made this fanfiction has been completed; to show the gang's true friendship to eachother.

I will see you probably in the next part of a fanfiction (or in another topic)
 :)littlefoot

And ofcourse give a little applause for our 'cast'
 :)littlefoot Littlefoot
 x(cera Cera
 ^^spike Spike
 :sducky Ducky
 :(petrie Petrie

:)

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
A short fanfic but a good one. I enjoyed reading it.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: retrorobby,Jun 1 2016 on  07:45 AM
Now it's starting to get interesting. I wonder what's going to happen next. They all are having the same dreams and I wonder if it's going to mean something in the future.
It wasn't exactly the same dream it were different dreams

Like i explained above their most stressful memories which were blocked, the dreams were actually them subconsciously rewatching their memories, which looked like nightmares and all that dream science stuff.

Cera and Littlefoot had the same
Petrie and Ducky had the same
Which one spike had? i Have no clue :p probably the same as Petrie and Ducky

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jun 1 2016 on  07:47 AM
Now it's starting to get interesting. I wonder what's going to happen next. They all are having the same dreams and I wonder if it's going to mean something in the future.

Like i explained above their most stressful memories which were blocked, the dreams were actually them subconsciously rewatching their memories, which looked like nightmares and all that dream science stuff.

Yeah that was my fault. I'm on my phone right now and didn't see that there was more. Sorry about that.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: retrorobby,Jun 1 2016 on  07:51 AM
Quote from: jorrdy12,Jun 1 2016 on  07:47 AM

Yeah that was my fault. I'm on my phone right now and didn't see that there was more. Sorry about that.
Haha no problem :)